• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

REAL TRAVEL LLC - ASSIST IN GETTING OUT OF A TS

DONCOOK99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Company in Bentonville, Arkansas contacted me. Any one familiar with them? Any one had specific dealings with them?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Scam. The #1 reason is that it is a scam is that they contacted you.

They will ask you for money at some point -- a "title search", a "refundable escrow fee", or whatever.

When they have your money, they will disappear.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the red flag. THEY CALLED YOU! Nobody is going to call you to give you money. They can't do anything you can't do yourself. For FREE. 99.9% of these upfront fee outfits are scams. We haven't looked into the rest of them. They take your money, then what incentive do they have to do any more toward finding a new owner? There are NO MAGIC WORDS to 'get out' of a timeshare. You own it until YOU find a new owner or are able to return the deed to the resort. Many TUGgers have contacted the HOA and been shown how to deed it back. This is often the surest and cheapest way out.

Good Luck!

Jim

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
These companies are all scammers - there is no "easy out" with a timeshare, because you have a contract and a deed.

Here is a better option: How to give your timeshare away on TUG.
Company in Bentonville, Arkansas contacted me. Any one familiar with them? Any one had specific dealings with them?

Try to your timeshare away. Read DeniseM link she provided. I have found new homes for many of my timeshares I could not use gifting them to other tuggers or lookers in the tug marketplace. There are many other places to offer it too. Instead of paying a scammer offer some incentives, pay all closing costs, pay a year of maintenance fees, even two if you need to.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
More info on Real Travel,LLC

• LLC created a short time ago - June 2018
  • Website very vague, difficult to tell what they do although my guess is a worthless vacation club
  • Officers are Bart Bowe and Brian Scroggs
    • Both are related to The Transfer Group started in 2014 with an F rating with the BBB.
    • Brian Scroggs is related to Vacation Consulting Services, which appears to an upfront liquidation company that started in 2014. They have an F rating with the BBB along with an alert that this business has a pattern of complaints. The website is “under maintenance” and not active.
Bottom line, any money paid to them is at risk of being lost forever.

Here is one TUG thread about The Transfer Group - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/ebay-seller-thetransfergroup.252716/

Ripoff report on Scroggs - https://www.ripoffreport.com/report...penny-bruner-scroggs-con-artists-raci-1354665

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and in just a shade under 2 years....some owners might actually get money back!

this is why it is SO IMPORTANT to file your complaint with your atty generals office. the only folks who will get a share of this judgement are those who did!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
and in just a shade under 2 years....some owners might actually get money back!

this is why it is SO IMPORTANT to file your complaint with your atty generals office. the only folks who will get a share of this judgement are those who did!

It would be absolutely FANTASTIC if the victims got some money back but usually the money is long gone. At least they are out of business, and hopefully are sharp enough to get some real jobs and not start it up all over again.....

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I know that these owners have been scamming with related businesses in the Missouri area. FYI @STLBBB if you weren't aware of the Arkansas AG $500,000 judgement against Bowe and Scroggs.

STLBBB

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that these owners have been scamming with related businesses in the Missouri area. FYI @STLBBB if you weren't aware of the Arkansas AG $500,000 judgement against Bowe and Scroggs.
Thank you! This popped up in my Twitter feed yesterday. Arkansas did a great job with this case. Some numbers that may not have made the news coverage. The state received 83 complaints about Real Travel LLC with reported losses of just shy of $991K. That's nearly $12K per complaint. 66 of the complainants were over 60, so nearly 80 percent were legally seniors (the age of what is a senior differs by state).

Bowe will have to pay $50K back over 10 years with the other $450K hanging over him if he does not comply or opens up another timeshare or timeshare exit business.

Scroggs is still facing judgment in Arkansas and there is a case in Missouri against him and his companies, including Vacation Consulting Services and The Transfer Group.

Our office has supplied info to both Arkansas and Missouri.

I echo what Brian wrote earlier. Report any bad actors to your state AG and the local BBB. If you have been victimized and don't know where to turn, reach out to me here and I will be happy to help.

Jeannieb147JB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the red flag. THEY CALLED YOU! Nobody is going to call you to give you money. They can't do anything you can't do yourself. For FREE. 99.9% of these upfront fee outfits are scams. We haven't looked into the rest of them. They take your money, then what incentive do they have to do any more toward finding a new owner? There are NO MAGIC WORDS to 'get out' of a timeshare. You own it until YOU find a new owner or are able to return the deed to the resort. Many TUGgers have contacted the HOA and been shown how to deed it back. This is often the surest and cheapest way out.

Good Luck!

Jim
What is the HOA please???

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Under the consent judgment in this case, Bowe will no longer be able to conduct any business related to timeshares or timeshare exit businesses in Arkansas. "

So, I wonder in which state he will resurface and start up a new similar business.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Missouri seems popular for them! =(

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
oh look, a 2+ million dollar judgement against this scammer...doubt any owners will see any of that money returned, but at least its a happy ending!

we certainly hope this goes from a civil matter to a criminal one and they see some jail time.

A Benton County judge ordered Real Travel LLC co-owner Brian Scroggs to pay more nearly $2.7 million in restitution and fines as part of a default judgment.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
The hornswogglers must figure that people who fell for the full-freight timeshare razzle-dazzle & ballyhoo are likewise promising marks for more of the same in biting on a timeshare "exit" swindle or timeshare "cancellation" bamboozle.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The hornswogglers must figure that people who fell for the full-freight timeshare razzle-dazzle & ballyhoo are likewise promising marks for more of the same in biting on a timeshare "exit" swindle or timeshare "cancellation" bamboozle.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

...or the upfront resale scam where the owner probably figures that his TS is worth what he originally paid, or more.