• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ready to buy Mariott Destination points and would really appreciate everyones opinion. Thank you

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also have referred a few that have bought from Salt Lake City corporate sales.

What is MVC corporate sales? What type of accounts do corporate sales handle vs the sales agents out in the field?

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
What is MVC corporate sales? What type of accounts do corporate sales handle vs the sales agents out in the field?

Corporate sales is just the sales bought from sales agents at the Marriott corporate offices in Salt Lake City or Orlando. I have bought my timeshares from each of those offices. It’s not that much different than buying from the resort salespeople. However, your experience is different and I felt a little more flexibility in negotiating with the Salt Lake offices for some reason. I’ve bought my Marriott timeshares from the comfort of my home. I controlled the time and dialog. That’s important. I feel I was offered better options and more negotiating leverage. Now it may have been because of the time of year I was buying when they have Their summer specials, but I was able to receive very generous bonuses and incentives a few years ago for my purchase. It’s a different feel than the heavy pressure sales when you’re on a property. At least this has been my experience.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I second that feeling of csalter. The experience from home felt more "professional" where the salesman was listening a little more and willing to help you get to your goal. Did not feel "car salesman" like with them trying to sell you the lemon on the lot.

Now I have also bought from a salesman that operates out of a sales office at a resort and he was great also. Maybe it is just who you get to deal with?

My experience could have been because of covid. There were no sales at the resorts and sales from Salt Lake could operate remotely.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

sdp1969

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, everyone,

Here is an update based on all of your insight and suggestions followed by a question. I contacted one of the corporate Marriott reps and got an amazing deal. I will contrast below.

My first deal was to buy 4225K Marriott pts for 38K and enroll my MGV 3BR lockout where I would have a total of 7225 pts.

After all your suggestions...though not complete yet.... I am in the process of purchasing a 3BR lockout MGC followed by a 2BR Aruba lockout where Marriott corporate will enroll all those weeks totaling 12,300K pts for 36K and presidential level AND it gives me 6 weeks to trade w II. Amazing!

Thank you all for your help!

Steven

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Hello, everyone,

Here is an update based on all of your insight and suggestions followed by a question. I contacted one of the corporate Marriott reps and got an amazing deal. I will contrast below.

My first deal was to buy 4225K Marriott pts for 38K and enroll my MGV 3BR lockout where I would have a total of 7225 pts.

After all your suggestions...though not complete yet.... I am in the process of purchasing a 3BR lockout MGC followed by a 2BR Aruba lockout where Marriott corporate will enroll all those weeks totaling 12,300K pts for 36K and presidential level AND it gives me 6 weeks to trade w II. Amazing!

Steven
What are the MFs on those two weeks totaling 12.3k points. Any other bonuses offered?

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Hello, everyone,

Steven

Steven - It sounds like you've had time to do research and are happy with the deal so congrats!

sdp1969

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the MFs on those two weeks totaling 12.3k points. Any other bonuses offered?
Its actually three weeks. I have a MGV, an MGC and I have been offered an Aruba to make three. MFs come up to 5768 which is a savings of one 1500 dollars compared to what I would pay for the equivalent points. When you join the pts program from weeks, you continue to pay the week MFs which are less. Mine come out to be 46 cents per points instead of the 60 with points.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Hello, everyone,

Steven

Are you getting both the 3 bdrm MGC and the 2bdrm Aruba properties resale from Marriott? What seasons? Usually the Aruba week alone costs $36,000.

sdp1969

TUG Member
Reaction score
I already own the MGV and I am buying the MGC from Redweek. The Aruba is what Mariott is offering which is 36K. They are all platinum.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
@sdp1969 Did you get in touch with Salt Lake City corporate sales and they offered this to you?

If you did not know this, you will save about $1k a year (actually $1200 but take out annual presidential fee) by not having to pay lock off and trading fees for those 3 weeks. One of the best things about using enrolled weeks in II is you do not have to pay a retrade fee as long as you are trading to another marriott, westin or sheraton timeshare.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I already own the MGV and I am buying the MGC from Redweek. The Aruba is what Mariott is offering which is 36K. They are all platinum.
Make sure you have your ducks in a row as normally any resale to enroll has to be in your account already at the start of that years program.