• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RE: Marina Baie Des Anges Vacation n 1, South Of France

trish fish

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone recently had an exchange confirmed by RCI recently to this resort?

We have just returned but after our arrival on 1st October for a two week Points exchange, the resort told us that we had no booking arranged and that they were not dealing with RCI anymore!!!:confused: Our booking was made 8 December 2007

To cut a long story short, we had to privately rent an apartment for 2 weeks, arrived home yesterday and have to phone RCI today to see what compensation we can expect. They have already returned the points to our account and are supposed to be returning our exchange fee, but it does not compensate for the fact that we had to pay a two week rental charge or forfeit our holiday!!!

Any comments?

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I traded in through DAE and greatly enjoyed the exchange. It is a great location for the Riviera.

trish fish

Reaction score
Hi Carolinian,

When did you go to this resort, any info would be appreciated.

As you say, it is a great location especially for getting around the Cote d' Azure.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To cut a long story short, we had to privately rent an apartment for 2 weeks, arrived home yesterday and have to phone RCI today to see what compensation we can expect. They have already returned the points to our account and are supposed to be returning our exchange fee, but it does not compensate for the fact that we had to pay a two week rental charge or forfeit our holiday!!!
Just curious - did you call RCI right away, upon learning that you couldn't check into the resort you had a confirmation in? If you did, what did they say?

Ordinarily in these situations, if you call with a problem, and they can't resolve it, they'll try to relocate you to another resort, to your satisfaction.

My comment is: it's outrageous for them to refuse to pick up the actual tab for alternate accommodations, in circumstances like this. But, I've never heard of them doing that. What I have heard of them doing is offering a make-up "free" week (or in your case, 2 weeks) - no fee, no points, no spacebanked week(s). You might ask for that, at the very least.

Last edited:

trish fish

Reaction score
:) Hi Laurie,

I have sent you a private email with further details and yes, it is outrageous that we have just had to pay out for an apartment on the same resort, the same specification as we had pre-booked with RCI.