• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Weeks - transfering points between members

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of some TPUs for an exchange and a friend "may" have some for me. I vaguely recall that RCI weeks members can transfer TPUs to other weeks members, but I could be wrong. Has anyone ever done this?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
There is a way to do it. I would look around on RCI's site. I know that I can transfer RCI Points to another member. I believe there is a charge.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
I'm in need of some TPUs for an exchange and a friend "may" have some for me. I vaguely recall that RCI weeks members can transfer TPUs to other weeks members, but I could be wrong. Has anyone ever done this?
If you find out something, please share it here. We would like to know about this also. Thank you.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update:
First RCI rep I chatted with said yes and sent me over a form to "transfer membership" When I explained to him it was just TPUs he said, you need to call and that was it.
Second rep said yes, fee is $98 but cannot be done online. The current owner of the TPUs needs to call or chat to do.

In the end, my friend decided against. I need to find another friend......... Bummer.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Thank you for the update!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
So no charge to transfer points, but there is a charge to transfer TPU? Is this correct?

Zekes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, Spinnaker
Hate to sound like a newby, but what is a TPU?

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hate to sound like a newby, but what is a TPU?

Trade Power Unit. Within RCI weeks when you deposit something you get TPUs. The better the unit you deposit the higher the TPUs you obtain. It is also what you "spend" to make an exchange.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
So no charge to transfer points, but there is a charge to transfer TPU? Is this correct?

It's a bit more complicated than that. It's free to transfer RCI Points if you are a Platinum member. From the third page of the RCI Platinum Terms and Conditions:

4. Free Points Transfer RCI Platinum Members who are RCI Points Subscribing Members may transfer their Points to other eligible RCI Points Subscribing Members without paying a fee, as applicable. All other Terms and Conditions apply.

There is a charge to transfer a deposit in RCI Weeks. From the ninth page of the RCI Weeks Terms and Conditions:

17. Transfer of Deposited Vacation Time, Combined Deposits or Deposit Credits.

Subject to RCI’s approval, a Member may transfer a Deposit to another Member, if the transferring Member a) submits to RCI a completed authorization in the form established by RCI; b) pays the applicable fee, listed on RCI’s website at www.rci.com, for each such transfer; and c) the transferor and transferee each represents to RCI that the transfer is not in return for compensation or commercial use. RCI reserves the right, in its sole discretion to limit the number of Deposit transfers a Member may make.

The fee is listed as $98 here under the "Managing your Deposits" heading:

There is supposed to be a fee for transferring RCI Points to another member for non-Platinum members. From the sixth page of the RCI Points Terms and Conditions:

11. TRANSFERRING RCI POINTS. The Member may transfer his/her RCI Points to another Member for a fee for use in the transferee Member’s current Use Year subject to the Network Documents which may include having to first save or extend the transferred Points for a fee. The transferee may return transferred RCI Points back to the transferor for a fee, but not to another Member, however such transferred Points may need to first be saved or extended for a fee. RCI Points transfers shall be deemed invalid and the Points forfeited if there is compensation or other consideration between the transferor and the transferee for the transfer. If the transferee subsequently cancels a Reservation made using some or all transferred RCI Points, the transferred RCI Points shall be returned to the transferee’s account. The Network Administrator, in its sole discretion, without advance notice may terminate, suspend, or limit the ability to transfer or to use transferred RCI Points, including, without limitation, limiting the number of Points that can be transferred, or the total number of transfers a Member may make.

The RCI Points fees are listed here, but don't include a listing for transferring points. They do include the RCI Platinum membership fee, which is $89 for one year and includes free RCI Points transfers. Assuming that they would charge the same $98 fee for transferring vacation time on the RCI Points side, it's cheaper to just upgrade to Platinum and do it for free.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
It's a bit more complicated than that. It's free to transfer RCI Points if you are a Platinum member. From the third page of the RCI Platinum Terms and Conditions:

4. Free Points Transfer RCI Platinum Members who are RCI Points Subscribing Members may transfer their Points to other eligible RCI Points Subscribing Members without paying a fee, as applicable. All other Terms and Conditions apply.

There is a charge to transfer a deposit in RCI Weeks. From the ninth page of the RCI Weeks Terms and Conditions:

17. Transfer of Deposited Vacation Time, Combined Deposits or Deposit Credits.

Subject to RCI’s approval, a Member may transfer a Deposit to another Member, if the transferring Member a) submits to RCI a completed authorization in the form established by RCI; b) pays the applicable fee, listed on RCI’s website at www.rci.com, for each such transfer; and c) the transferor and transferee each represents to RCI that the transfer is not in return for compensation or commercial use. RCI reserves the right, in its sole discretion to limit the number of Deposit transfers a Member may make.

The fee is listed as $98 here under the "Managing your Deposits" heading:

There is supposed to be a fee for transferring RCI Points to another member for non-Platinum members. From the sixth page of the RCI Points Terms and Conditions:

11. TRANSFERRING RCI POINTS. The Member may transfer his/her RCI Points to another Member for a fee for use in the transferee Member’s current Use Year subject to the Network Documents which may include having to first save or extend the transferred Points for a fee. The transferee may return transferred RCI Points back to the transferor for a fee, but not to another Member, however such transferred Points may need to first be saved or extended for a fee. RCI Points transfers shall be deemed invalid and the Points forfeited if there is compensation or other consideration between the transferor and the transferee for the transfer. If the transferee subsequently cancels a Reservation made using some or all transferred RCI Points, the transferred RCI Points shall be returned to the transferee’s account. The Network Administrator, in its sole discretion, without advance notice may terminate, suspend, or limit the ability to transfer or to use transferred RCI Points, including, without limitation, limiting the number of Points that can be transferred, or the total number of transfers a Member may make.

The RCI Points fees are listed here, but don't include a listing for transferring points. They do include the RCI Platinum membership fee, which is $89 for one year and includes free RCI Points transfers. Assuming that they would charge the same $98 fee for transferring vacation time on the RCI Points side, it's cheaper to just upgrade to Platinum and do it for free.

That makes sense. I’m platinum so maybe that’s why I thought it was free

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The transfer can be done using the live chat. I love that RCI has the option and that is available throughout the day. By the way, the site is currently down for the scheduled maintenance, it was supposed to come back at 6:30 AM but it is still not working.

Last edited: