• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI week

Ajolson1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The bay club Waikoloa Beach Resort
I have been doing much reading on RCI week and RCI points and want to make sure I have the general jest of what RCI weeks is.
It is a upgraded version of the original exchange program. Where you exchange your week (convert) to TPU points. These points are assigned based of week, size........ You keep your deed but if you have enough points there is some flexibility to get two weeks in a smaller unit. Key is you have to book the whole week. Not partial weeks or weekends. In some instances you can convert to RCI Points but there is no requirement to. Which brings me to something I am unclear about. If I have a RCI Week account can I create an RCI points account without converting my deed to points? Also if I can create the account without converting can I just buy points from people selling them and add to the points account. Thus leaving me with two accounts one with the week (deeded) and the points one where I just buy points and add it to that account? A lot here but trying to understand all options and wha if any is the best option. Please correct me where I am wrong or add important points I may have missed. That’s

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You have to have bought a week converted to rci points in order to have an rci points account. There are vacation clubs that give you something like 10,000 rci points per year and then you rent the extras you need but I think they have high fees and restrictions on resales. You can buy something like an eoy 1BR at grandview that has already been converted to get minimum points for a very modest MF's but RCI points accounts are about $220 for every 2 years and they don't have membership discounts like they do for rci weeks account. An rci points account includes an rci weeks account so you don't pay twice.

Ajolson1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The bay club Waikoloa Beach Resort
You have to have bought a week converted to rci points in order to have an rci points account. There are vacation clubs that give you something like 10,000 rci points per year and then you rent the extras you need but I think they have high fees and restrictions on resales. You can buy something like an eoy 1BR at grandview that has already been converted to get minimum points for a very modest MF's but RCI points accounts are about $220 for every 2 years and they don't have membership discounts like they do for rci weeks account. An rci points account includes an rci weeks account so you don't pay twice.
Did not think about buying the least expensive MF and then buying points to fill in. From what I see points are for sell at .01 per point. So $1000.00 for 100,000. Or $1400 for the year. Nice thing is you don’t have to buy 100,000 point only get what you need for the year.
Point is you have options and not locked into 1000+ maintenance fees. I like the thought.