• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI vs. Fairfield Points

John37130

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a newbie and I'm trying to learn the ropes about these different points stystems. I believe I want to join a points-based system, but I'm not sure which one yet. I would appreciate some help.

I think I understand the RCI Points program, but I'm just learning about Fairfield's points program. I have noticed that many (maybe all?) of the Fairfield resorts participate in both points programs.
--Are these programs completely separate or can you convert points from one program to another?
--Are the RCI points at the FF resorts simply a way for RCI Points owners at non-Fairfield properties to exchange into a FF resort?
--Do the RCI points come into play when a FF points owner tries to book into a (non-Fairfield) RCI Points resort?

Thanks for your help!!!

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
FF points is used internally for FF owner to reserve their vacations, it has no relationship with RCI points. As owner, you can only use RCI week.

John37130 said:
I think I understand the RCI Points program, but I'm just learning about Fairfield's points program. I have noticed that many (maybe all?) of the Fairfield resorts participate in both points programs.

However, if you joint their Plus Partnership program either with extra dollar or certain retail purchase amount, you can deposit FF point and use it to reserve a RCI point resort. As of today, there is a generic point conversion table that if you want a night how many FF points you need to use, it only depends on season, bedroom, weekday/weekend. Does not depend on RCI point resort required points. So yes, they are seperated, but there is a way to talk to each other

John37130 said:
--Are these programs completely separate or can you convert points from one program to another?

You are right. RCI side's point chart is the RCI points required for non-FF RCI point member to exchange into FF resort.
John37130 said:
--Are the RCI points at the FF resorts simply a way for RCI Points owners at non-Fairfield properties to exchange into a FF resort?

As said above, currently RCI points is not into play. However, FF's program does not allow you to do search on RCI points resort, you have to rely on VC to do search for you.

John37130 said:
--Do the RCI points come into play when a FF points owner tries to book into a (non-Fairfield) RCI Points resort?

Jya-Ning