• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI: Vidanta Fees waived rest of year for new (or not-recent) RCI guests

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got this in my inbox. Not sure if it is targeted or not:

For a limited time not only will you enjoy big savings with an exclusive offer on select Vidanta resorts, but now you will ALSO have your mandatory resort fees waived!† Take advantage of this amazing offer before IT goes on vacation.

Waived Vidanta resort fee offer ends at 11:59PM ET on 4/30/2023. Must not have traveled to any Vidanta resort within the last 5 years through RCI. Members will be required to pay the full resort fee upon check-in if there have been any Vidanta vacations booked through RCI. Owners with Vidanta resorts are excluded from this offer. Additional terms and conditions may apply.

Check your Offers list to see if it is there.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @bnoble ,
Thanks for posting - as it is likely targeted

I don't think I will see it ; as I am a Mayan Palace owner and have used RCI to exchange into Vidanta properties for more weeks.
Sea GardenNV in 2022( rebooked fr.2021)
Mayan Palace in 2020.

I have seen the $ 189 promo for Vidanta exchanges / ends March 31 (received e-mail March 6 ) & also see it when I log into RCI .

They sure want to make sure the suites are full after snowbird season ends & keep Vida Sales busy.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't see it and I have never exchanged in through rci.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I got this notice, so it might be targeted.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Do other reservations in other echanges count in the Vidanta 3-1 reservation rules ? Like if you had a SFX reservation in 2022 and take a RCI reservation for 2024 it's becomes 2 years but the reservation is through a different exchange so does it matter ?

Bill

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Do other reservations in other echanges count in the Vidanta 3-1 reservation rules ? Like if you had a SFX reservation in 2022 and take a RCI reservation for 2024 it's becomes 2 years but the reservation is through a different exchange so does it matter ?

Bill
No one on TUG has reported a problem exchange hopping to access Vidanta.

RCI - Intervals- SFX

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No one on TUG has reported a problem exchange hopping to access Vidanta.

RCI - Intervals- SFX

Thanks Tom. I have two week in a 2 bed happening. One is a 2 bed Grand Luxxe Royale suite and the other is a 2 bed villa suite. I'm not sure what the difference is but it will require moving so I might cancel.

Bill

rpennisi

Reaction score
Thanks Tom. I have two week in a 2 bed happening. One is a 2 bed Grand Luxxe Royale suite and the other is a 2 bed villa suite. I'm not sure what the difference is but it will require moving so I might cancel.

Bill
Bill, Do you mean moving within the same resort location, or moving to a different Vidanta resort?

Ron

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

Bill
I believe the Royale is slightly smaller sq footage but a newer design than the standard 2 bedroom.
[It also may be farther from the beach]

@Eric B probably can give specifics on GL building / location in NV

I

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Hi @bnoble ,
Thanks for posting - as it is likely targeted

I don't think I will see it ; as I am a Mayan Palace owner and have used RCI to exchange into Vidanta properties for more weeks.
Sea GardenNV in 2022( rebooked fr.2021)
Mayan Palace in 2020.

I have seen the $ 189 promo for Vidanta exchanges / ends March 31 (received e-mail March 6 ) & also see it when I log into RCI .

They sure want to make sure the suites are full after snowbird season ends & keep Vida Sales busy.
Not sure if it's targeted, but I received it, too, despite having done an RCI exchange within the last 5 years and owning with Vidanta. It still amazes me that Vidanta sales runs these promos to get new customers that include exclusions for current Vidanta owners as a disincentive to buying something with Vidanta. They haven't quite figured out that it's a bit discordant to the sales pitch if they let you know what limitations on exchanging back in they will impose if you do buy.
I believe the Royale is slightly smaller sq footage but a newer design than the standard 2 bedroom.
[It also may be farther from the beach]

@Eric B probably can give specifics on GL building / location in NV

I
The GL Royale suites are in building 5C (the northernmost portion of building 5) and are smaller than the other GL suites, but I understand they are nice. They are some of the newest of the GL units - they only exist in NV to my knowledge. There are GL Villas in building 5 as well, but they would be in 5A or 5B; they are also amongst the newest of the GL units there. As an exchanger, @easyrider would be more likely to be assigned there as it's further away from the beach, but there would be a move involved. The alternative locations for the GL Villa units are in buildings 1-4.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bill, Do you mean moving within the same resort location, or moving to a different Vidanta resort?

Ron

Moving from a 2 bed villa to a 2 bed royale. They are different inventory.

Something better popped up so I did cancel the two winter weeks at the Luxxe. We ended up with a 3 bed residence with a pool , hot tub, and bbq in a different location. This is for 2 weeks next winter. Currently have 5 winter weeks reserved and hope to find a couple more gems.

Bill

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
...........Currently have 5 winter weeks reserved and hope to find a couple more gems.
Bill

Your.ahead of me -I am at 2 weeks booked
(so far).
Booked one last week while still in PV / We got home late Monday.

Last edited:

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got this offer as well. However, before booking (for non-owners) please read the fine print at the bottom of the email (especially if you've booked Vidanta through RCI in the past 5 years):

"†Waived Vidanta resort fee offer ends at 11:59PM ET on 4/30/2023. Must not have traveled to any Vidanta resort within the last 5 years through RCI. Members will be required to pay the full resort fee upon check-in if there have been any Vidanta vacations booked through RCI. Owners with Vidanta resorts are excluded from this offer. Additional terms and conditions may apply."

We may want to book a week with this offer. For Vidanta owners, does anyone know how Acapulco Grand Mayan is? And how does it compare with other locations? Thanks!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Got this offer as well.......

We may want to book a week with this offer. For Vidanta owners, does anyone know how Acapulco Grand Mayan is? And how does it compare with other locations? Thanks!
@pittle was recently there.& posted some info in the Mexican Forum thread :
Vidanta Acapulco Grand Luxxe ?

I just bumped the thread

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They are also waiving the resort fees on II getaways but the pricing on the getaways basically include the resort fees IMO. I think it was $1429 for a 2 BR grand Mayan with platinum discount.

JohnnyO

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received multiple offers for this over the last several months.We have two RCI accounts. A weeks account and an Account via Club Wyndham. We only have points at the RCI Club Wyndham but the offer was emailed to our weeks account. When we are on the Club Wyndham RCI and looking at Vidanta Exchanges we don't see anything about Vidanta fees being waived. We have no way to tell what it looks like in the weeks account as we have no deposits. Doesn't anyone know how this works with RCI Club Wyndham?

JohnnyO

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the RCI Club Wyndham Exchange. Which Fees are waived? I'm guessing not the tax.

Mandatory Fees
Mandatory Environment Tax is 28.87 local currency. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory Enviroment Tax per reservation, per night apply to HTL and 1BEDROOM units.Mandatory Environment Tax is 57.74 local currency. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory Enviroment Tax per reservation, per night apply for 2BEDROOM units.Mandatory Usage Fee is 10.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Foreigners must complete form & payment at https://visitax.gob.mx prior to departure.

Resort Fees
Resort amenities fee is 300.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory resort fee per 1B unit, per reservation.Resort amenities fee is 450.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory resort fee per 2B unit, per reservation.Resort amenities fee is 150.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory resort fee per Hotel unit, per reservation.Resort amenities fee is 150.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory resort fee per Studio unit, per reservation.

ASHJN

Reaction score
Staying at Grand Luxxe in May 2024 in a 2 Bedroom through RCI, and just received the email from Vidanta saying the resort fee is covered (we had previously planned on the $550 outlined on RCI website).

Is there any catch to this? I.e. by accepting the waived fee, are they assuming you will attend the breakfast presentation?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I just booked a week through SFX for my brother and grandson to stay at the Grand Bliss while I am at the Grand Luxxe with son and D-I-L for Thanksgiving week. We did not want them to have to sofa surf. I could not get a GL, but I think they will like the GB. Hopefully since the GL 2-bedroom can hold 6, I can get GL wristbands for them. I only had to payt the $149 exchange fee. I asked about extra fees and she said there were not any.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked a week through SFX for my brother and grandson to stay at the Grand Bliss while I am at the Grand Luxxe with son and D-I-L for Thanksgiving week. We did not want them to have to sofa surf. I could not get a GL, but I think they will like the GB. Hopefully since the GL 2-bedroom can hold 6, I can get GL wristbands for them. I only had to payt the $149 exchange fee. I asked about extra fees and she said there were not any.
I thought SFX had instituted a new 1 in 3 rule, which they didn't have before. Wondering if that's not the case?

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
I just booked a 1br at GL in RM for spring break through thirdhome with the resort fees waived. Ended up just paying $895 for the exchange fee. Wondering if I’d be able to upgrade to a 2br somehow for a nominal fee. Thirdhome said no and I sent an email to the resort with no response. Never stayed at a vidanta before. I just heard that the presentations are all day affairs and to be avoided. There will be 4 of us so a 2br would be preferable if possible. Any insight from someone who’s been there before?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I just booked a 1br at GL in RM for spring break through thirdhome with the resort fees waived. Ended up just paying $895 for the exchange fee.
So $ 895 + any keys ?

and no resort fee
Wondering if I’d be able to upgrade to a 2br somehow for a nominal fee. Thirdhome said no and I sent an email to the resort with no response. Never stayed at a vidanta before. I just heard that the presentations are all day affairs and to be avoided. There will be 4 of us so a 2br would be preferable if possible. Any insight from someone who’s been there before?
The square footage in a 1 bedroom is quite large - probably ~1200 or more.
The living room sofa beds are comfortable. They are Mexican style - so single beds converting from the sofas.

IMO - Any unit upgrade would be based on attending a presentation.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
So $ 895 + any keys ?

and no resort fee

The square footage in a 1 bedroom is quite large - probably ~1200 or more.
The living room sofa beds are comfortable. They are Mexican style - so single beds converting from the sofas.

IMO - Any unit upgrade would be based on attending a presentation.
No keys, just the $895 total. they ran a sale and it’s the grand luxxe deluxxe 1br, so seems nice. There are no short presentations there right? I can say no easily. If the “encore” type deal is good I’d be ok with doing something like that.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
No keys, just the $895 total. they ran a sale and it’s the grand luxxe deluxxe 1br, so seems nice. There are no short presentations there right? I can say no easily. If the “encore” type deal is good I’d be ok with doing something like that.
Good price

In RM - the GL- Deluxe are what were originally termed GL - Jungle. The 1 bedrooms were built on the footprint of 1200 sq. foot
steel & concrete framing of a (2 bedroom) Mayan Palace . [They do not have a balcony pool as a result ]

IMO -the only "encore deal" would be the LIMITLESS VACATIONS program as dIscussed in a TUG Mexican Forum thread

Last edited: