• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

'RCI Travel Packages" Offer - is it a good deal?

lauelliott

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an offer for an RCI Travel Package. It came as a 'card' when I renewed my RCI membership. the off:
$500 savings dollars
50% discount on package purchases
no blackout dates
additional booking discounts in Feb, May, Aug & Nov
2 vacations as follows:
1) 7 nights worldwide -book within 2 years use up to 1 more yr later
2) 7 night cruise for 2 to Caribbean or Mexico-book within 18mos use within 18mos later

Cost for 2yr membership - $1999 or $199down with $150/mo for 12 mos
If I call back today get an era $400 cash vouchers to use for excursions etc.

Renewal fee $49/yr for yrs 3, 4, &5.

Is this worth it?
On face value it is because 2 vacations alone cost more than $2000 and with the savings it only costs $1100 ($2000-500-400) But will I really be able to book when wanted? Are the $500 savings dollars worth it...sometimes its not really for anything you would buy? $400 cash back in excursions sounds ok?

Thanks for your help.
Laurie

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Make sure you read all the fine print. A lot of times these offers require you to pay some sort of redemption fee. For instance, the 7-night cruise, would you still have to pay port taxes, gratuities, and other fees? The 7-nights worldwide, does that include airfare, room taxes, etc.? The $400 voucher for excursions, are these excursions that you are really keen on taking or is it something like a dandelion-sniffing tour? And is it just $400 in coupons (ie., 20 coupons each $20 off) or is it as good as cash if you are indeed interested in taking such excursions?

I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep your $2000! You can buy many cruises for that amount.
I googled RCI Travel Package and found several complaints on Ripoff Report. All those “savings dollars” are limited in their use on the cruise or travel package. You will be paying additional cash.

Last edited:

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
No it’s a bad deal