• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI took years of my paid weeks membership

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Madge,

In 2002 I bought a 10-year weeks membership package when I bought my SA weeks. That membership brought my weeks account paid through 2016.

May 2006 I bought RCI Points and set up my points account. I still own weeks as well.

Today I discovered that when I bought my Points last year RCI canceled my paid weeks membership.

I was never informed they did this. I was never compensated. I did not authorize them to cancel my paid membership.

RCI Weeks is telling me my membership is only paid through May 2007 (which coinsides with my point account).

Please tell me how can they take something that belongs to me and I paid for?

Thank you.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
klynn,

This is most likely the result of a disconnect between RCI South Africa and RCI in the U.S. TravelOrDie reported a similar problem recently in this thread.

Please send an e-mail to feedback@rci.com with TUG in the subject line. The Communications Team should be able to help.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
klynn,

This is most likely the result of a disconnect between RCI South Africa and RCI in the U.S. TravelOrDie reported a similar problem recently in this thread.

Please send an e-mail to feedback@rci.com with TUG in the subject line. The Communications Team should be able to help.

I have tried that route. The response I got was: "What was the price of your 10-year subscription last year?"

I don't understand why they are asking me this. I'm not asking for a refund. I only want my weeks membership restored to what it has been since 2002.

I bought the 10-year subscription in 2002. The 10 years was added to my weeks account in 2002. In 2003, 2004, 2005, and most of 2006 my account showed my membership paid through 2016. In 2006 when I purchase points, RCI took away my paid weeks membership. I am not asking for a refund. I want my weeks account restored.

TIA

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
klynn,

The assumption is that, since you are no longer receiving value from the time paid ahead, you would want a refund. If that's not the case (sometimes members transfer their years to other members), just let them know.

kvp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought RCI would apply the paid weeks membership to the pionts membership.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
kvp,

Our usual process is to transfer the prorated prepaid amount to the new Points account as a credit toward Annual Dues. However, members may also request to receive a refund.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
kvp,

Our usual process is to transfer the prorated prepaid amount to the new Points account as a credit toward Annual Dues. However, members may also request to receive a refund.

Madge, I only wish this was the "usual process." I tried my darndest to get a refund. When this did not work, then I tried to get my South Africa weeks value transferred to my points account to no avail. I, too, saw my weeks account paid-up years disappear. Then they reappeared.

In any event, I could never get a refund b/c RCI kept telling me that the price I paid was discounted via the South African reseller, and I would have to contact them. After much trial and no success, I gave up. I now have my orignal RCI weeks account number plus my RCI points number.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandy,

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, there is a disconnect between RCI South Africa and RCI in the U.S. with the special subscription purchases. Please send an e-mail to feedback@rci.com with TUG in the subject line. If we can determine how much of a refund you having coming from our staff in South Africa, we should be able to get that to you.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
still waiting

klynn,

The assumption is that, since you are no longer receiving value from the time paid ahead, you would want a refund. If that's not the case (sometimes members transfer their years to other members), just let them know.

Hi Madge,

I have been waiting for over 2 months for RCI to resolve this. Do you have any idea how much longer it will be? TIA

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
klynn,

I am waiting to hear from the one person in South Africa who can answer this question. I will continue to follow up until we get an answer. Once we have an amount, we'll be able to proceed.

If you can even tell us how much you paid for the entire renewal package and the date of your purchase, it will be helpful. Please send that by e-mail to feedback@rci.com with TUG in the subject line. Perhaps the Communications Team in the U.S. can work out a resolution without having to wait for South Africa to respond.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
klynn,

If you can even tell us how much you paid for the entire renewal package and the date of your purchase, it will be helpful. Please send that by e-mail to feedback@rci.com with TUG in the subject line. Perhaps the Communications Team in the U.S. can work out a resolution without having to wait for South Africa to respond.

Several weeks ago I did tell RCI the amount I paid and the date of purchase.

Last edited:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
klynn,

I don't know that anyone saved it since you indicated originally that you didn't want to pursue a refund. I'm sure it would expedite things if you would sent it again.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
klynn,

I don't know that anyone saved it since you indicated originally that you didn't want to pursue a refund. I'm sure it would expedite things if you would sent it again.

I have re-sent the information. Thank you for your help, Madge!

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge,

Everything is is now taken care of. Thank you for all your help!