• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI timeshares in cities?

skb5

Reaction score
I'm looking for RCI timeshare rental exchanges that exist, not in resorts, but in city centers. I've found one in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but that's it so far.

Anybody stay in an RCI-affiliated timeshare in a city center they can recommend?

-Steve

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
In the US not counting the priority access hotels

New York City
Charleston
National Harbor (near DC) (need to take a metro bus and then metro)
Las Vegas
New Orleans
San Antonio
Nashville
Salt Lake City
Park City
San Diego

These are all ones that have periodic availability, some more so than others and some only during off season periods.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the US not counting the priority access hotels

New York City
Charleston
National Harbor (near DC) (need to take a metro bus and then metro)
Las Vegas
New Orleans
San Antonio
Nashville
Salt Lake City
Park City
San Diego

These are all ones that have periodic availability, some more so than others and some only during off season periods.

Technically San Francisco, but I doubt it ever gets deposited.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
No just forgot about San Francisco. It gets deposited especially the sleeps 2 units. They do get taken quickly usually. The sleeps 4 studios sometimes get deposited. Larger units not so much.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Old Town Alexandria, VA right on Metro.
Barri Gothic in Barcelona.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm looking for RCI timeshare rental exchanges

Do you mean "Extra Vacations" (rentals) at RCI?

If you join TUG, you will have access to the TUG Resorts and Reviews where you can review timeshares in all major cities, and what exchange company they are affiliated with.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for RCI timeshare rental exchanges that exist, not in resorts, but in city centers. I've found one in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but that's it so far

As you've discovered, timeshares largely exist in resort or vacation areas, not cities. Why? you ask? Because people LIVE in cities and want to vacation in resort areas. For those who want to vacation in cities, there are hotels, B&B.s., VRBO's, hostels and a myriad other choices. Sure, we would all like to have spacious, 1, and 2 or more bedroom digs with kitchens and free parking that we can exchange into using our timeshare in el cheapo MF Texas or Florida or Nevada, but someone has to own those very expensive square feet and parking spaces. The buy-in cost, and MF has to reflect that cost.

That's why there are few urban timeshares.

Jim

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Alexandria doesn;t show up on RCI anymore.
I've only seen hotels come up for Chicago.
There is a Savannah resort but that doesn't really come up either even in the off seasons.

Wyndham and Bluegreen have been adding a few city locations and they may appear on the RCI directory but that doesn't mean they ever have deposits in RCI.

Tahiya

TUG Member
Reaction score
West Coast city timeshares

Worldmark has timeshares in SF, Seattle, Vancouver BC, Victoria BC, and soon to be Portland, OR. They're all centrally located.

geekette

Reaction score
Alexandria doesn;t show up on RCI anymore.
I've only seen hotels come up for Chicago.
There is a Savannah resort but that doesn't really come up either even in the off seasons.

Wyndham and Bluegreen have been adding a few city locations and they may appear on the RCI directory but that doesn't mean they ever have deposits in RCI.
Correct. For Bluegreen, it takes too many points to book for deposit and inventory is tight.

OP, check DAE as they do not hold to traditional timeshare model but also accept managed vacation properties.