• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI: switching deposit once week on hold?

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm afraid the only way to do this is to call RCI....Is there any way to switch which deposit is holding a unit? I don't want to release it and then pray that it's still there. I suppose I could call but my previous dealings with RCI phone calls = something getting messed up. Any way to do it online??
Thanks!
Jackie

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I had this happen to me before, I called RCI had them switch the deposit and asked them to give me the online rate, because I was not able to do it online. I knew how, but their system was not co operating. They did it for Internet rate!
Good Luck!
Silentg

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you do it IF their system is cooperating?

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm afraid the only way to do this is to call RCI....Is there any way to switch which deposit is holding a unit? I don't want to release it and then pray that it's still there. I suppose I could call but my previous dealings with RCI phone calls = something getting messed up. Any way to do it online??
Thanks!
Jackie
Call RCI tech support. They can do it with no issues and they will not charge you since you can then go and confirm the unit yourself online. I don't know of any way to do the switch without calling.

Last Saturday I did not follow my own guidance and called the RCI guide. She was very nice and made the switch (although it took several efforts). I could not see the change, although she assured me it was done on her end and the system needed to "refresh". When I finally could verify, several hours later, I noticed the new hold used 2 more TPUs than the original. I did not bother to call back because I had no proof of the original value but I will always call tech support in the future.

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the great advice--just got off the phone with technical support. She switched my deposit week AND she extended my hold one more day--all confirmed on my account while I held. Ok, love tech. support now :clap: