• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI - Strange Exchange Search Results

rod

TUG Member
Reaction score
At about 8:15 p.m. on January 14, 2009, I logged onto the RCI web site to look at possible exchanges for July of 2009. I am a weeks owner. I saw an interesting possibility and clicked on the "Available Units" button.

At this point, a table usually appears, labeled "Available Units", on a page labeled "EXCHANGE", with 5 columns: "Unit Type", "Max Occup (Privacy)", "Kitchen", "Check-In Date", and "Check-Out Date". However, the "Available Units" table that appeared, while still on a page labeled "EXCHANGE", had in addition to the expected five columns, a sixth column, labeled "Price".

I looked at a few resorts, but then the RCI site gave me the message "PLEASE TRY AGAIN Your transaction can not be completed at this time." When this message appears, the only thing a member can do is log off and leave the RCI website; then return to the web site and log in again. I did so at about 9:00 p.m.; when I attempted to look at additional prices, I discovered that the table had reverted to only five columns. It seems that the weeks that appear on the 5-column version of the table are the same as appeared on the 6-column version.

Has anyone else seen this, or can anyone explain what was happening here?

For what it is worth, here is the price information that was displayed during that short period:

APPLE VALLEY, OH - 2 br price for July, 2009 is $656.99
FRENCH LICK, FRENCH LICK, IN - 1 br price for July, 2009 is $656.99, 2 br price is $746.99
FRENCH QUARTER, BRANSON, MO - 1 br price for July, 2009 is $404.99, 2 br price is $449.99
OAKMONT, PIGEON FORGE, TN - 1 br price for July, 2009 is $809.99, 2 br price is $926.99
TREE TOPS, GATLINBURG, TN - 1 br price for July, 2009 is $854.99

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI experimented a little while back with your exchange Plus $ to get the exchange you could see.

I would guess you ran into that somehow.

RCI exchange members still seem to prefer to have the inventory siphoned off covertly than to see it openly displayed for rent as you likely saw.

Prices seem experimental also.