• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI South Africa

mqlet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 5 year RCI South Africa membership along with my 1bd Dikhololo from Cape Escape. My question is: what is the difference between RCI South Africa and RCI America? I live in the US, but I didn't know if there were any benefits of having one over the other. Are the search and trade capabilities the same on both sites?

Thanks,
Mark

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
For U. S. A. Members, It's All 1 R. C. I.

I purchased a 5 year RCI South Africa membership along with my 1bd Dikhololo from Cape Escape. My question is: what is the difference between RCI South Africa and RCI America? I live in the US, but I didn't know if there were any benefits of having one over the other. Are the search and trade capabilities the same on both sites?
As I understand it (not that I'm any kind of authority on the subject), RCI membership depends on where the member lives, not where the timeshare is or where the member signed up. So if you buy a South African timeshare & live in the USA, you're a member of regular old plain-vanilla RCI just like all the folks who signed up in Orlando FL or Branson MO or Las Vegas NV or anywhere else in the country that has RCI timeshares.

We got a 6-year paid-up RCI membership as part of the deal when we bought Lowveld Lodge. But the only dealings we have with RCI South Africa are the extra hoops we have to jump through to get our Lowveld Lodge weeks banked with RCI -- can't do it via Internet the way we can with our USA timeshare weeks. We have to pay the levies for the year we want to bank, get a Clearance Code from the resort signifying that the week is available for deposit, then arrange with RCI South Africa via E-Mail to get the week banked. Once all that happens, the banked week shows up on our regular USA RCI Weeks account -- by phone & by Internet -- & we can use it for trades the same as any other banked timeshare week.

Who knew ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

mqlet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply!

I can log on to the RCI South Africa website, but can't log on to the US website. Is that a different account #? I got an email this morning from RCI SA that my week was spacebanked. But I can't check it because the RCI SA site has been down for the last couple of hours.

Is it just me, or do things happen really sloooooooooooow in South Africa?

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I can log on to the RCI South Africa website, but can't log on to the US website. Is that a different account #? I got an email this morning from RCI SA that my week was spacebanked. But I can't check it because the RCI SA site has been down for the last couple of hours.

Is it just me, or do things happen really sloooooooooooow in South Africa?

You need to deal with RCI in the US. Call them at 1-800-338-7777 and explain that you are a new member. They'll give you your acct. #.

mqlet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I called RCI and they said that RCI SA has to call me to change the account. Hope they don't call me at 3 in the morning.:zzz:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Times Have Changed, Eh ?

Thanks, I called RCI and they said that RCI SA has to call me to change the account.
We didn't go through any foolishness like that when we signed up via South African timeshare purchase back in 2002 or so.

We bought our timeshare. We got our RCI membership card. We called up RCI (in the USA) & made an exchange. Within a month or so after that we started up our on-line RCI account, & the rest is history.

The only dealings we had & have with RCI South Africa are those necessary to get our Lowveld Lodge weeks banked. Everything else -- including setting up our USA on-line account with RCI -- was done domestically.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Thanks, I called RCI and they said that RCI SA has to call me to change the account. Hope they don't call me at 3 in the morning.:zzz:

email Marli at mdorfling@rci.com & she'll handle it for you.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
R. C. I. South Africa Contact.

email Marli at mdorfling@rci.com & she'll handle it for you.
That's the person we contact via E-Mail to bank our Lowveld Lodge weeks.

But Marli can do us no good at all until our advance estimated levies have been paid & the resort has issued a Clearance Code for the week(s) we want to bank.

Rmelnyk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with my Castleburn...pay my yearly fees, tell to deposit...low and behold there it is in my RCI account. I have been in contact with RCI/SA only once when they put my USA account and SA account together under one number. I am still good to go until 2015 with membership.

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
You get issued another RCI "Indy" = international RCI membership number by RCI South Africa.

Just ask Cape Escape, they handeled this process for me.

It was slow and did not work in the beginning, then the membership expiry date was wrong in the international account, but in the end everything was sorted out and since then I can easily exchange through RCI.