• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI - Searching For Multiple Resorts At Once

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
In RCI, I used to be able to search up to 40 resorts at once then save that under "Favorites". Online help says I cannot do that anymore. Either she doesn't know her own website or RCI's "upgrades" have stripped one of the only functional tasks from their website.

Maybe there is a workaround using # " " or something else... All my old searches are still there, but I want to save a new search with some of the new resorts added/discovered.

Help please!!!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
In RCI, I used to be able to search up to 40 resorts at once then save that under "Favorites". Online help says I cannot do that anymore. Either she doesn't know her own website or RCI's "upgrades" have stripped one of the only functional tasks from their website.

Maybe there is a workaround using # " " or something else... All my old searches are still there, but I want to save a new search with some of the new resorts added/discovered.

Help please!!!

Hi gnorth16 ,
This may help - if you have geography based searches .
Once your in a resort - you can click on - nearby resorts .
I do not save searches - so I am not sure if you can save what come up .

For me : this works well for searches like Puerto Vallarta .

By the way - one real upgrade in the new RCI website is the MAP FUNCTION
if you drag the little street view person onto the map - you can see the locale in full screen .
If you then :click back out of street view - you get the google maps in full screen of the area .

I just wish they would allow more than 10 resorts per page . The old site let you do 25 per page .

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Help please!!!
I have the same issue with no resolution. RCI system just gets worse and worse. Interesting that going through the hgvc portal, they still use the old system.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be happy with modifying an existing favorite search and adding a few new resort codes and going from there, but even that doesn't work.

Why does RCI make their site worse every upgrade???!!!???

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I am currently able to search up to 48 resort ids and store the search in my favorites in RCI points. I can get to the resort id entry portion 2 different ways. The first way is from the exchange search initial screen; there's a link immediately below the criterion entry line that shifts it to resort ids. The other way I've found is after going through the resort directory, selecting a resort, searching for availability at the resort with a result that shows no availability. In addition to the no availability result, the site returned a link for an advanced search by resort id; following that link yielded a spot to enter resort ids that had a note saying I could search up to 48 resort ids. After entering a set of resort ids, the result included the capability to save the search to my favorites.

No guarantee that it will work for you, or for me next week for that matter. The system capabilities seem a bit unstable. I haven't ever seen a capability to edit a saved search, which would be nice.

Haven't tried it in weeks because I predominantly use the points side of RCI. It seems to me that the changes to the weeks side follow those on the points side, but lag by a week or two as they change ("upgrade") the system.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
upload_2017-12-25_21-16-50.png

Under "Resort Directory" it worked, however it won't let you search for availability - bumps you back to all resorts or allow you to save it.

Last edited: