• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI says hopeless

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
I put in an OGS last month for three German resorts for a specific range of dates in Sept. 2017. Today I received a generic email from RCI informing me that chances of getting a match are highly unlikely!

I am requesting 2 bedroom units but could reduce to 1 if that would make a difference, but this far out I think I'll keep the current search in place.

Has anyone had success in trading to the Oberstaufen or Shliersee areas of Germany?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Every ongoing search I have done, I have received the same response.

I've always found an instant search I wanted so never really found out if one of them would eventually match.

Curious, has anyone ever match after receiving one of those email?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Curious, has anyone ever match after receiving one of those email?

Absolutely - this is just a computer generated email from RCI trying to get you to take something you don't want - ignore it!

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
We sequentially acquired two consecutive RCI weeks in Kauai for Jan 2016 (past). We entered the searches one at a time with a small specific list of resorts and one specific check in date. RCI repeatedly sent emails suggesting that a match was unlikely and encouraged changing parameters. Since we were adding these on to a trip already planned and since I have extensive data on past availability lead times by resort, we ignored all those RCI emails. In both cases, we got the exact dates we sought. Of course, Kauai has a lot of timeshare capacity.
I conclude that the RCI emails are based on nothing other than RCI's desire to quickly get your exchange dollars before you seek alternate plans; they certainly weren't based on RCI historical data (their's must be much much better than mine).
I was confident (no anxiety) because of our historical lead time data regarding Hawaii.
I have no such data for anywhere in Europe and no idea of the timeshare capacity. The point of this note is that the RCI messages are based only on the age of your search (e.g. you've been searching for awhile and haven't got what you want so please search for something RCI does have).
Jack

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Sounds like the phone calls from II to try to get you to take an "alternative match". I have found those useful only one time.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received the same hopeless email about my Disney search thru 2017. I just wrote it off as an effort to get me to consider other resorts. I remember when we got our first platinum Aruba timeshare and I called II about making an exchange to another Caribbean resort. The agent basically said we had not chance of exchanging to another island in winter and suggested other options. I was so discouraged but wouldn't you know it I've been very successful with II exchanges through the years. The II and RCI agents want to make as many matches as they can.