• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI response to COVID-19

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
We were in the process of choosing our early and late summer getaways (using points or Last Calls or Extra Vacations) just before the travel restrictions were put in place but decided to hold off anyways. Thank goodness we did. We aren't even sure we'll be able to go to our home resort in early November.
Now I am wondering why RCI isn't pro-rating our membership fees since we are unable to use any of their services, for, so far 3 mos, and maybe longer. The annual fee of $157.US ($218. Cndn -but our weak dollar isn't their fault) is a lot to pay for being able to book vacations for only part of the year. I realize the fee is cheaper when buying multi-year membership but that still doesn't allow us to book a week for next week or even next month.

~Diane

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I am wondering why RCI isn't pro-rating our membership fees since we are unable to use any of their services, for, so far 3 mos, and maybe longer. The annual fee of $157.US ($218. Cndn -but our weak dollar isn't their fault) is a lot to pay for being able to book vacations for only part of the year. I realize the fee is cheaper when buying multi-year membership but that still doesn't allow us to book a week for next week or even next month. ~Diane

I guess that RCI, like all of the other travel companies, isn't making a lot of money right now, but still is having to pay their employees to help us cancel and rebook our exchanges. It would be nice of them to extend our memberships or pro-rate the fees, but I don't see that happening.

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Updated COVID-19 cancellation policy for RCI, changing the cancellation and rebooking deadlines:
Travel/Cancel Information
RCI is committed to providing you flexibility at this uncertain time. You may cancel Points and Weeks reservations for travel through June 15, 2020 and receive 100% of your Points or Trading Power back for a future reservation.
  • When cancelling a reservation for travel through June 15, 2020 no exchange fee will be required if you rebook your cancelled vacation by December 31, 2020 for future travel. Please contact a Vacation Guide via Phone or Chat to process your request.
  • If you have Trading Power or Points expiring and prefer more time to plan or travel, speak to one of our Vacation Guides for additional options.
If you would like to cancel and rebook call 1-800-338-7777 (RCI Weeks), 1-877-968-7476 (RCI Points)- Monday-Friday 8AM-8PM and Saturday 8AM-5PM, chat with us on RCI.com or complete the cancellation form

* Please note that hotel, rental car, cruise, and activities cancellation policies are based on the individual provider and are not included in the RCI exchange cancellation policy.
** RCI will waive your next exchange fee up to the initial amount paid on your canceled vacation, if you book by December 31, 2020 for future travel.

Source:

Thanks for posting this. Cancelled an upcoming week beginning June 12 via chat on RCI.

Hope they extend the cancellation window to end of June so you can cancel your week!

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
In an unexpected surprise, I was refunded for the Points Protection Fee I'd paid on an early-June exchange that I canceled on Saturday.

I'm not an RCI fan but IMO during the pandemic, their response has been excellent (I never thought I would say this during my lifetime!). It has been pretty easy to cancel and get a refund. Their cancellation policy seems easy to understand, compared to II.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Updated info today, extending cancellation policy for check ins through 6/30/2020:

Travel/Cancel Information
RCI is committed to providing you flexibility at this uncertain time. You may cancel Points reservations for travel through June 30, 2020 and receive 100% of your Pointsback for a future reservation. A significant amount of resorts in North America plan to be in operation by July 1, 2020 and they look forward to welcoming you back on vacation. Cancellation flexibility may be available in the future for dates beyond June 30, 2020 specific to individual properties that remain closed.
  • When cancelling a reservation for travel through June 30, 2020 no exchange fee will be required if you rebook your cancelled vacation by December 31, 2020 for future travel. Please contact a Vacation Guide via Phone or Chat to process your request.
  • If you have Points expiring and prefer more time to plan or travel, speak to one of our Vacation Guides for additional options

Source:

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just canceled the Manhattan Club for June 19
All TPU'S returned and credit given for exchange fee
Can retrade through January 2021
My TPU'S expire July 2020
I was told for TPU'S expiring June or July I could extend for $99 or combine TPU'S for the same price