• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Points: why multiple check out days but only one check in day?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the inventory for InnSeason Resorts Pollard Brook (#C314). I noticed that I can make a reservation starting on December 17th and that all the checkout dates until the end of the year are available and I can get 1 or 2 BR. Why cannot I choose any other check in day within the 17-31 interval? I gave the example with this resort but I noticed the same issue with other resorts before.

1613568317021.png

1613568383054.png

1613568518783.png

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Because you can only book 10 months in advance. You will have to wait to check in later.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I noticed every day in September was available to check in at WBC. A day later, only 4 days available to check in. I also wondered why checking in on 9/30 only allowed a stay through 10/3

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I noticed every day in September was available to check in at WBC. A day later, only 4 days available to check in. I also wondered why checking in on 9/30 only allowed a stay through 10/3
Developers don't auto deposit. They can bulk deposit both weeks and points inventory at any time. It could be that you saw the initial deposit and a day later only 4 days were still available because people grabbed the inventory.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Developers don't auto deposit. They can bulk deposit both weeks and points inventory at any time. It could be that you saw the initial deposit and a day later only 4 days were still available because people grabbed the inventory.
I understand that, however, i checked a few times a day for a week and everyday was available in every month as I scrolled along. Then one morning only 27 check in days are available from now until 9/10. That’s a lot of reservations within a 12 hour period.

It doesn’t bother me much since I’m looking for December and will be checking daily to book it quick. I just thought it was odd to see all of those dates disappear over night after being available for a few days.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
I'm more surprised that all days were available as check-in days to begin with - I run into a lot of points resorts that only allow certain check-in days. My favorite pair of Florida resorts has Tues/Fri for one resort and Wed/Sat for the sister resort.

You can see in Resort details that points check-ins are supposed to be Sunday and Friday at #C314 - some resorts say points check-in is available seven days a week - so it's stranger to me that they've agreed to do check-ins on nonstandard days. I always assumed the restrictions had to do with what staffing a resort wants to carry on particular days.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because you can only book 10 months in advance. You will have to wait to check in later.
Is the rule you are referring to specific to this resort? I was not aware of it, I boked for other resorts for 2022.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is the rule you are referring to specific to this resort? I was not aware of it, I boked for other resorts for 2022.
Point inventory has a different release period. At 12 months owners at the home resort can book points inventory for 7 nights there. At 11 months points owners in the same resort group can book. At 10 months inventory is released to all points owners (or those that can book points inventory). This is for most rci points resorts that don't have inventory releases controlled by the developer. This is when the points auto become available. Developers like DVC, Wyndham, Hilton, etc can deposit points inventory at any time but no earlier than 10 months. This is also the only inventory that can be booked for up to 21 days with a single exchange fee.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Point inventory has a different release period. At 12 months owners at the home resort can book points inventory for 7 nights there. At 11 months points owners in the same resort group can book. At 10 months inventory is released to all points owners (or those that can book points inventory). This is for most rci points resorts that don't have inventory releases controlled by the developer. This is when the points auto become available. Developers like DVC, Wyndham, Hilton, etc can deposit points inventory at any time but no earlier than 10 months. This is also the only inventory that can be booked for up to 21 days with a single exchange fee.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I was looking at the inventory for InnSeason Resorts Pollard Brook (#C314). I noticed that I can make a reservation starting on December 17th and that all the checkout dates until the end of the year are available and I can get 1 or 2 BR. Why cannot I choose any other check in day within the 17-31 interval? I gave the example with this resort but I noticed the same issue with other resorts before.

View attachment 32479

View attachment 32480

View attachment 32481

Some resorts in RCI only have one check day and for this resort it's Friday. Other resorts offer Friday, Saturday or Sunday and some offer just two of the three days. Some resorts in RCI only have full weeks and others allow less than full week stays.

The Vacation Village family of resorts seem to offer the most flexibility and options. The Wyndham resorts that can be found in RCI sometimes have 3 and 5 night stays in addition to full weeks.

We've stayed at 7or 8 resorts on just Sanibel and Captiva Islands and other non Orlando resorts here in Florida. It's typical for stand alone resorts that aren't huge and not part of a larger group of resorts to have cleaning crews that only come in on the one or two check in days they offer.

Last edited: