• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Points available to TUGGERS

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Greetings, fellow Tuggers:

A few years back, I bought into one of those 3 year RTU "leases" for RCI Points via Club Trinidad in California. In retrospect, I'm not sure exactly why I did so, except perhaps to experiment with RCI Points with some extra coin jingling in my pockets (...back then, anyhow). I own some fixed weeks that I use routinely and I have little time, interest or use for these RCI points. Ain't hindsight just great? :eek: :doh:

My RTU arrangement will expire in May, 2010 and I have no plans or intentions to renew same. To make a long story short, I have apparently accrued close to 100,000 RCI Points. I'm given to understand that these accrued RCI Points cannot be sold or rented --- and I have neither the time nor the inclination to scurry around to somehow use them between now and the end of May. I also don't intend to pay RCI a dime to "extend" them or to maintain a RCI Points account. Quite frankly, as much as I enjoy my owned timeshare weeks, I'm looking forward to having nothing whatsoever to do with RCI, going forward. I get more phone calls from RCI than from some family members...:rolleyes: I'd like to bid RCI "adieu" --- forever.

I don't know the "transfer" drill for RCI Points. If you do, and if you are a contributing (posting) TUG member with a current RCI Points account, and you want some RCI points transfered to you, and you are willing to pay RCI whatever RCI charges to "transfer" points, please send me a PM. No TUG "guests" or non-contributing TUG members, please. TUG has provided me with lots of information and knowledge and I'd be glad to "give back" --- to those who have actually given in the first place.

No scam, no hook, no money paid to me ---I just don't want these points to disappear into thin air and I'm not spending any money out of pocket to part with these RCI Points. If you have alternative suggestions, I'm certainly all ears...

I prefer PM's. I will not often be looking back to this thread for responses posted here. Make your pitch ---and if you have a specific number of Points in mind to request, please be clear about that figure. There is a finite number and I'd rather spread the "wealth".
======================================================================

Wow --- when it's "something for nothing" cyberspace sure heats up in a hurry... :D

Lots of PM's for me to read, assess and evaluate, but right now we are on the verge of (...more) local flooding here :eek: (and apparently over the next 48-72 hours), so my apologies in advance if my responses are necessarily slow. I'll be temporarily in basement pumping and home protection mode, but will respond to each and all when I can. Probably no "point" (no pun intended) in too many more "takers" weighing in after today...

Last edited:

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have PM'd you.

Greetings, fellow Tuggers:

A few years back, I bought into one of those 3 year RTU "leases" for RCI Points via Club Trinidad in California. In retrospect, I'm not sure exactly why I did so, except perhaps to experiment with RCI Points with some extra coin jingling in my pockets (...back then, anyhow). I own some fixed weeks that I use routinely and I have little time, interest or use for these RCI points. Ain't hindsight just great? :eek: :doh:

My RTU arrangement will expire in May, 2010 and I have no plans or intentions to renew same. To make a long story short, I have apparently accrued close to 100,000 RCI Points. I'm given to understand that these accrued RCI Points cannot be sold or rented --- and I have neither the time nor the inclination to scurry around to somehow use them between now and the end of May. I also don't intend to pay RCI a dime to "extend" them or to maintain a RCI Points account. Quite frankly, as much as I enjoy my owned timeshare weeks, I'm looking forward to having nothing whatsoever to do with RCI, going forward. I get more phone calls from RCI than from some family members...:rolleyes: I'd like to bid RCI "adieu" --- forever.

I don't know the "transfer" drill for RCI Points. If you do, and if you are a contributing (posting) TUG member with a current RCI Points account, and you want some RCI points transfered to you, and you are willing to pay RCI whatever RCI charges to "transfer" points, please send me a PM. No TUG "guests" or non-contributing TUG members, please. TUG has provided me with lots of information and knowledge and I'd be glad to "give back" --- to those who have actually given in the first place.

No scam, no hook, no money paid to me ---I just don't want these points to disappear into thin air and I'm not spending any money out of pocket to part with these RCI Points. If you have alternative suggestions, I'm certainly all ears...

I prefer PM's. I will not often be looking back to this thread for responses posted here. Make your pitch ---and if you have a specific number of Points in mind to request, please be clear about that figure. There is a finite number and I'd rather spread the "wealth".

I'm definitely interested in some Points. I never seem to have enough. Sorry that you have found no benefit in them.

vacationdoc

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What a generous offer!!!!!!!!!!!!

:chttp://www.tugbbs.com/forums/images/smilies/clap.giflap: I sent you a pm. Thanks for another great TUG member benefit.

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
I do not have a RCI account so this would not apply to me, however I wanted to say kudos to you for this generous offer.:clap:

memereDoris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know the "transfer" drill for RCI Points.

RCI points can be transferred to another points account member at no cost.
This service is not available online. The phone number is 1-877-968-7476.

Last edited:

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a generous offer! I want to point out, though, that current RCI is making "RCI Activity Cards" available through Points Partners. An "RCI Activity Card" is simply a pre-paid, non-reloadable Visa debit card. After paying RCI's fee (there's always a fee!) the debit card gives you about .8 cents per point.

RCI members can spend a maximum of 60,000 points a year on these Visa debit cards, but there is also a Points Partners limit of about 1/3rd of your annual points allotment (i.e., if someone has an annual points allotment of 60,000 points, only 20,000 can be spend on Points Partners.) So, even if you decide to spend some of your points on Visa cards (and get some of your MFs back), you'll probably have 65,000 or so points left to distribute.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not for me...

Wow, what a generous offer! I want to point out, though, that current RCI is making "RCI Activity Cards" available through Points Partners. An "RCI Activity Card" is simply a pre-paid, non-reloadable Visa debit card. After paying RCI's fee (there's always a fee!) the debit card gives you about .8 cents per point.

RCI members can spend a maximum of 60,000 points a year on these Visa debit cards, but there is also a Points Partners limit of about 1/3rd of your annual points allotment (i.e., if someone has an annual points allotment of 60,000 points, only 20,000 can be spend on Points Partners.) So, even if you decide to spend some of your points on Visa cards (and get some of your MFs back), you'll probably have 65,000 or so points left to distribute.

Thanks for that info and it is appreciated, but one of my primary objectives is to sever (...i.e., not prolong) further relations and communications with RCI. I'll leave it to more patient RCI Points folks to deal with RCI. After transferring these points, I'll no longer have to do so at all. :whoopie:

P.S. Some gift recipients have yet to provide me with the account info into which to transfer the points...

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I said:

Theo replied:
Thanks for that info and it is appreciated, but one of my primary objectives is to sever (...i.e., not prolong) further relations and communications with RCI. I'll leave it to more patient RCI Points folks to deal with RCI. After transferring these points, I'll no longer have to do so at all. :whoopie:

I don't think I explained the so-called"RCI Activities Cards" well. They are just Visa gift cards; they really have nothing to do with RCI -- RCI doesn't even actually issue them; some contract house does it for them. The cards are valid wherever VISA cards are accepted, so you can use them for groceries or gasoline or whatever, not just RCI stuff. Mine came in the mail about a week after I ordered them. I would guess that this is probably faster than it takes to do an RCI Points transfer.

Theo, it's great that you are giving points away, and I'm not trying to change your mind. I want to explain these cards for the benefit of other people reading this thread, though.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

P.S. Some gift recipients have yet to provide me with the account info into which to transfer the points...
So funny and extremely generous!
Hope u did okay with the flooding.

castleo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tahoe Beach & Ski, Polo Towers, Palm Canyon, 200,000 RCI points, other deposit
Activity Cards

I am interested in the Activity Cards. Can I do it online? I looked but did not see where.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested in the Activity Cards. Can I do it online? I looked but did not see where.
Yes, you can get this online. It is part of RCI Points Partners. When you click on "RCI Points Vacations", Points Partners will be the last option on the right-hand side.

lobsterlover

TUG Member
Reaction score
Generous!

Wish I'd seen this much sooner as its prolly to late!!!
Buuutttttt.....any other tuggers feel like unloading points I'd be happy to help!!! HE he.:whoopie: