• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Platinum through Wyndham Portal

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Does anyone know if you can make your developer purchased Wyndham RCI portal into an RCI Platinum points account? And whether there are benefits to RCI Platinum? Or is this portal already equivalent to a separate RCI Platinum account?

Supposedly, RCI Platinum gets 'Priority Booking' which I think means seeing inventory when dropped into RCI a few days before non-platinum accounts do. Does this really work out? Do you get priority for an ongoing search as well? Are there other inventory advantages? Is there a discount or waiver of the exchange fee? Are there any other worthwhile discounts?

Also please comment about the difference between what you see in the Wyndham Portal vs an RCI points portal vs an RCI Platinum points portal.

Bob

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know about developer accounts. I believe resale-only accounts cannot add Platinum. However...
RCI Platinum gets 'Priority Booking' which I think means seeing inventory when dropped into RCI a few days before non-platinum accounts do.
This isn't quite what it means. It's not early access. Instead, there are a handful of places that have (some) inventory only available to Platinum accounts. Most of this is hotel and other rental-only properties. The only notable ones I've seen are a handful of DVC exchanges and some of the Vidanta inventory. Both can also easily be had with non-Platinum accounts. In my straight Weeks account, I see less than 60 resorts in the Priority only category, out of more than 3,000. So, not really a big deal. Having access to Points inventory is more important, and you do with a developer account.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Does anyone know if you can make your developer purchased Wyndham RCI portal into an RCI Platinum points account? And whether there are benefits to RCI Platinum? Or is this portal already equivalent to a separate RCI Platinum account?

Supposedly, RCI Platinum gets 'Priority Booking' which I think means seeing inventory when dropped into RCI a few days before non-platinum accounts do. Does this really work out? Do you get priority for an ongoing search as well? Are there other inventory advantages? Is there a discount or waiver of the exchange fee? Are there any other worthwhile discounts?

Also please comment about the difference between what you see in the Wyndham Portal vs an RCI points portal vs an RCI Platinum points portal.

Bob

No you can't turn your Wyndham RCI weeks account into an RCI points account. If you want a points account you could buy something that's a points week to get an RCI points account and pay the additional amount to have the platinum benefits. Weeks accounts they don't get some of the best platinum benefits that points owners get with platinum.

Weeks and Points accounts are two separate things and cannot be combined due to the inventory. Weeks accounts owners get TPUs, Trading Power Units, when they deposit their week for trade and see the inventory that is deposited by other weeks owners when they elect to get the TPUs instead of using their week. Points owners see also see that weeks inventory plus all the underlying inventory that all other points owners points are based on. When you own a points week you do have the option of using your week instead of just automatically getting the points each year. To do that you notify your resort and RCI 11-12 months out. In 15 years we've never used any of our weeks instead of getting the points. However we own where we own because it gets us a nice amount of points for the maintenance fees. Some people own a points week where they want to go that would be very hard to get at a specific time of year and usually use their week so don't often take the points. However they like knowing that when they do take the points they will have a greater amount of inventory to use those points on.

With an RCI points accounts an owner can also transfer points to another owner at no charge once a year. So in the case of someone who owns where they want to go and usually uses their week instead of getting the points, they could find another owner who has more points than they can use and arrange with that owner to take some of their points. That would give them some points to play around with if they find a stay they really want or to pick up some last minute discounted point stays. If you pay to have the platinum benefits that gives you longer to use your points. If one year they elected to take the points for their week or had points transferred from another owner that would give them points to work with for several years. Having the platinum benefits allows you to extend your points for two additional years so you can have up to 4 years to use your points.

Last edited:

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Thank you for the good information. I am working with a small RCI aggregator that put together a trust of RCI properties. For a fee, they are taking ownership of my Jockey Club points (these don't sell or give away well) in return for a small number of RCI Points in their Trust and an account paid up as RCI Platinum for the first 3 years.

They claim I will be able to transfer some of my Wyndham points into the RCI account as needed, in addition to being able to purchase RCI points at a penny per point. I'm not so sure I will be able to transfer in that way but we'll see. If they are transferable at all, there would be an exchange ratio that converts from the Wyndham-on-RCI points chart to the regular RCI points chart.

With an RCI points accounts an owner can also transfer points to another owner at no charge once a year.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I log into my RCI account from both the weeks side (RCI dot com), and through the Club Wyndham page. Same RCI number. I use the weeks side for my PIC deposits. Since that is labeled a “club” account, it cannot be upgraded to Platinum.