• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Platinum Sale $199 Over 400 resorts

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Offer for Platinum members as a pre-sale. Over 400 resorts with $199 getaways including a lot of Wyndhams. For skiers there were several Lake Tahoe Dec. weeks. Also Lots of Branson, Orlando and Myrtle Beach.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View Branson (4 Lockouts), Grandview (Points), CMV (UDI), DVC (SSR 25)
I was going to post about this, too.

Nice little perk for RCI Platinum members, getting first dibs on these. I didn't see anything I could use (although I might have to look a little more), but there are a number of good values there.

pranas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not a platinum member and got the same offer.

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got the offer today too - and booked a week we were looking at this weekend as an exchange for spring vacation.

$199 + tax OR $169 plus 9 TPU - guess which way we went.

Only problem is RCI dumped my email address from our account, so couldn't email the confirmation. Also, I can't find it listed under confirmed vacations!

I did print out the page stating the transaction was complete, but it has no confirmation number - I'm waiting on hold to talk to someone to confirm we really did book a week.

I would encourage everyone to make sure your account has your email address listed. Funny thing, they emailed the promo to me, so I know they still have my email address.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
We got the offer today too - and booked a week we were looking at this weekend as an exchange for spring vacation.

$199 + tax OR $169 plus 9 TPU - guess which way we went.

Only problem is RCI dumped my email address from our account, so couldn't email the confirmation. Also, I can't find it listed under confirmed vacations!

Did you have to pay housekeeping fees? :confused:

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had to log out and back in to see it as a confirmed reservation.

No, we are not being charged housekeeping fees, just $199 plus sales tax for a total of just under $225.

I didn't notice anything about housekeeping fees when we were looking at is as an exchange.

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked at the sale too. Found a week that worked but with tax and housekeeping fees charges at this particular resort, it ended up cheaper to do a regular exchange into a different resort with no tax and no housekeeping fees.

It's now a longer equation to get to the end result.

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had fun with the system today:

Booked Dec 30th check in for Brother in Law, with guest cert
Booked Feb unit in Maine for in-laws, using 5-year guest pass

Spent significant time trying to call RCI to add platinum

finally got through to them, added Platinum for $55, then rebooked previous two extra vacations, plus one guest cert

booked an additional 1BR where we will spend a week in April, again using guest pass

We should get 3 rebates at $25 each plus 1 rebate for $20 - so end up ahead of the game by $40 by joining platinum.

Now if we can just figure out how to use the Platinum features

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Resemble That Remark.

I am not a platinum member and got the same offer.
Same here.

Far as I can tell it's a straight 3-day sale (later extended to 4 days), platinum or non-platinum mox nix.

We snagged back-to-back Orlando-Kissimmee weeks for Jan. 7-14 & Jan. 14-21, 2012 -- $199 apiece + tax.

That's less than Instant Exchange or Last Call.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View Branson (4 Lockouts), Grandview (Points), CMV (UDI), DVC (SSR 25)
Platinum members had access to the sale one day earlier than regular members did. They've done this on a few other sales. It's not a documented benefit of Platinum, but something they've been doing pretty regularly.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Nice sale. I picked up two full weeks in a 1 & a 2 BR unit at a resort area we love and one we haven't visited before both on our school break times. While we don't have a student to work around anymore my wife still works for the school district so ideally we need those usually high demand weeks like so many others.

Total of $448 for two full weeks in a Gold Crown & a Silver crown resort in great areas. In school vacation time & no depsit required. How can you go wrong? You wonder why renting is not a viable option? How can anyone compete with that and make money at it? That isn't even the average annual fee at most resorts and we're getting two full stays! And no future fees to worry about. You gotta love the deals RCI comes up with unless you're competing with them or trying to TRADE with them which would have cost at least $800+ per week with fees & annual maintenance for these same weeks.