• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI PFD limits

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the 4 units per resort based on your use year or based on the calendar year? For example, my use year ends July 31st. Can I deposit 4 weeks into RCI points between now and July 31st and then deposit another 4 weeks after August 1st?

Lisa

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View Branson (4 Lockouts), Grandview (Points), CMV (UDI), DVC (SSR 25)
A similar question... Is it based on WHEN you deposit (i.e. can you deposit 4 units every year) or is it based on CHECK-IN DATES (i.e. can you deposit 4 units for use in a specific year)?

Also, if you PFD something that would be in a future use year, does it go into that use year or a future one?

From my limited (so far) experience, I believe you can PFD up to 4 units per resort with check-in dates in a specific calendar year, and the points go into your current use year. I wouldn't be surprised if results are somewhat YMMV, and I suspect it's a manual process for them rather than automatic.

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke with an RCI rep tonight and was told that it goes by check in date and use year. I was given a July use year because that was when I established my very first RCI points account. The 2012 points that maintenance fees were paid on in Jan 2012 belong in the 2012 points use year which does not begin until 8/1/2012. I can borrow them now if I need to.

OK, now if I make any PFD's with reservations with a check in of 2012, even if made before the 2012 RCI use year begins, they will go into the 2012 use year that starts 8/1.

She also said that if I PFD'd a unit with a 2013 check in date, they would go into the 2013 use year that does not begin until 8/1/2013. But, of course, I can borrow them once I get to 8/1/2012.

So I think I understand this. Now I just have to sit back and wait for the TUGGERS who REALLY know how it works to chime in and verify for me.

Last question, is there any benefit to having one use year over another? Like having my use year start on Jan. 1st and run with the calendar year? and if so, how can I accomplish this?