• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI or II

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi do you get better exchanges with RCI or II when you deposit your royal haciendas 2 bedroom unit?
Can this timeshare get a dvc exchange of a 2 bedroom?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Do you belong to both RCI and II?

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi do you get better exchanges with RCI or II when you deposit your royal haciendas 2 bedroom unit?
Can this timeshare get a dvc exchange of a 2 bedroom?
You won't be able to get DVC exchanges in RCI as they have moved to II. There are still a few stray units showing up in RCI, but moving forward you'd want II.

Picking what system you want is going to come down to what resorts you want access to. Whether or not your resort will pull those units is another story. Interval is not as transparent as RCI, so nothing is guaranteed.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have your ownership of this resort registered with II already? If so, then you can easily check to see if it has the power to pull DVC, there are some 2BRs out there now. If not, does your resort have an owners group somewhere, maybe on Facebook? If so, ask someone that has their ownership registered with II to check for you.

As for "better" exchanges. That all depends on what you are looking for in an exchange. Overall II has better quality resorts - but II has more of them in maybe an area that you desire to go. For excample: want to spend a week in Newport, RI. RCI has alot more options than II.

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have your ownership of this resort registered with II already? If so, then you can easily check to see if it has the power to pull DVC, there are some 2BRs out there now. If not, does your resort have an owners group somewhere, maybe on Facebook? If so, ask someone that has their ownership registered with II to check for you.

As for "better" exchanges. That all depends on what you are looking for in an exchange. Overall II has better quality resorts - but II has more of them in maybe an area that you desire to go. For excample: want to spend a week in Newport, RI. RCI has alot more options than II.
At this time just doing research and seeing what trades the unit might get with II as we only have RCI. I will look into asking someone if their RH can pull the 2 bedroom dvc units. Although not a biggie if it doesn’t.

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
You won't be able to get DVC exchanges in RCI as they have moved to II. There are still a few stray units showing up in RCI, but moving forward you'd want II.

Picking what system you want is going to come down to what resorts you want access to. Whether or not your resort will pull those units is another story. Interval is not as transparent as RCI, so nothing is guaranteed.
Pulling DVC is not a big must have. Was just curious if RH saw inventory. Just came back from boardwalk recently and released wilderness for 8/20/23 via our RCI exchanges.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I belong to both. 90% of my trading is RCI.

It may change when my kids grow up and we retire and have more flexibility on when and where we go. RCI has way more local stuff in my area.

My view, generally, is if you have a highly desirable location and week and want to trade into a nice place, II may give you an advantage. RCI is more flexible, and people with less desirable intervals can use the flexibility (to combine and extend deposits in weeks or to have a points account) to trade into units they could not typically get in II.

My prime season, gold crown, (non-fancy brand) Williamsburg VA 4-BR lock-off resort can be traded in either II or RCI. It has more trading value trading into DVC in II than what it had in RCI. (On average, it would get about 1.5 or less trades per year into DVC using RCI. Trading in II it will get (match for) 2 trades into any DVC unit that appears in general inventory. (DVC ratios could change tomorrow, but that has held for the almost 1.5 years DVC has been back in II.)

But my actual preference right now is RCI because it has more where I want (can go) AND it gets more value trading down to less valuable weeks since you are not forced into 1:1 trades.

Note: I generalize a fair amount here in ways that I feel leave the right impression. But there are a lot of exceptions and nuances when it comes to timeshare trading.

In my view II's fees are slightly more reasonable than RCI's -- but they have a duopoly. The lack of competition keeps fees higher AND removes incentive for them to be innovative and more efficient.

Last edited:

garciajason7

Reaction score
I luckily was able to cancel my Westin Lagunamar timeshare in time. I want to buy on the resale market.

Can someone tell me if Westin Lagunamar is available on interval in May and for how much? Like a 7 day getaway.

I'm looking to see if interval is even worth it.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I luckily was able to cancel my Westin Lagunamar timeshare in time. I want to buy on the resale market.

Can someone tell me if Westin Lagunamar is available on interval in May and for how much? Like a 7 day getaway.

I'm looking to see if interval is even worth it.
Replied to your other separate post on this.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score