• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Membership Questions - Last Call and Extra Vacations

TimeshareFan

Reaction score
I need help. I appreciate any assistance.

My wife and I really do last minute travel (within 45 days) since we have no kids, I earn frequent flier miles and we can travel off season if we want.

We are looking at purchasing a resale bi-annual blue week (less than $500 including all closing costs) with low maintenance fees (around $200 every other year).

We are looking to have this for the last minute trades and/or being able to use the "Last Call Vacations" weeks with RCI for $199 and the discounted "Extra Vacations Getaways" as well.

If I have a bi-annual week, which obviously allows me to "trade" every other year, will I still have constant access to puchase RCI's "Last Call Vacations" and "Extra Vacations Getaways" as much as I want?

To be honest, I really only want to own a timeshare so I can have access to these deals. The year that I am able to use it at the 45 day window, I will trade it - the other years I want to be able to book the Last Call, etc.

In addition, can I buy one of these "Last Call Vacations" or "Extra Vacations Getaways" and give to a family member to use? Is there an additional charge to give to a family member?

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I'm pretty sure that once you become a member of RCI you'll have access to as many Extra Vacations and Last Call Vacations as you care to purchase. I think you can buy them for family and friends, too.

But, just to be on the safe side, just give RCI a call and I'm sure they'll answer all your questions.

Park

Reaction score
You might want to checkout the "Guest Pass Membership" described in the "sticky" above. Could that accomplish your needs?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Additional Users On R. C. I. Points Account.

In addition, can I buy one of these "Last Call Vacations" or "Extra Vacations Getaways" and give to a family member to use? Is there an additional charge to give to a family member?
It's $149 or so for an RCI Guest Certificate, required each time you make an RCI reservation for someone else.

With RCI Points ( -- don't know about RCI Weeks -- ), members are allowed to name up to 5 Additional Users on their RCI Points account -- meaning Guest Certificates for those official Additional Users are el freebo.

On our RCI Points account, as Additional Users we named our 2 sons, our nephew, my brother, & The Chief Of Staff's sister. 

If you do call up RCI, ask'm if you can establish family members as official Additional Users with RCI Weeks, same as with RCI Points.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

ladycody

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's $149 or so for an RCI Guest Certificate, required each time you make an RCI reservation for someone else.

When did the guest fee go up to $149?!?!?:eek: Last I remember they were somewhere around $60.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We Get'm Free, So I Don't Know What The Actual Charge Is.

When did the guest fee go up to $149?!?!?:eek: Last I remember they were somewhere around $60.
$149 is just the amount that came to mind -- could be entirely wrong, I don't know. (Wouldn't be all that hard to look up, I suppose.)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
With RCI Points ( -- don't know about RCI Weeks -- ), members are allowed to name up to 5 Additional Users on their RCI Points account -- meaning Guest Certificates for those official Additional Users are el freebo.
I think it's a different policy between Weeks and Points. I have our three kids (all adults now) listed on our Points account. Last year I got a week with points for my daughter and her husband and didn't have to pay for a guest certificate for them.

This year I got a week for her and her husband with my Weeks account and had to pay for a guest certificate. I argued with the guide and told her I had our three kids on our account so that we wouldn't have to pay for guest certificates. The guide said on a Weeks account you couldn't list more than two users of the account and that I needed to pay for the guest certificate.

I think it's a pretty stupid not have the same rules for both Weeks and Points with regard to this guest certificate stuff. As I recall, the guest certificate was $59.

Clintshare

Reaction score
Good timeshare prices on EBAY

If yo don't have that inexpensive timeshare yet, be sure to check EBAY. There are Gold Crowns there all the time and at a great price.

geekette

Reaction score
I think you can find some great last-minute deals without owning a timeshare. there are cheap rentals all over the place. including this bulletin board.

TimeshareFan

Reaction score
It is perfect, but...

You might want to checkout the "Guest Pass Membership" described in the "sticky" above. Could that accomplish your needs?

Wow - the Guest Pass program is perfect for me!

The only problem is not having a family member or friend that is a RCI member so I can be a part of the Guest Pass program. :(

Oh well...

1songbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently joined RCI Weeks and was only allowed to list two owners. I listed my daughter and myself because RCI rep told me they would recognize spouses even if they are not listed. Hope this helps.

Melody

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Son & Daughter-In-Law Are On The Deeds, But Only Chief Of Staff & I On R. C. I.

I recently joined RCI Weeks and was only allowed to list two owners.
Same here when we joined (2003 or so), even though our son & daughter-in-law are on all our timeshare deeds with us, JTWROS.

However that may be, our son is also 1 of our RCI Points Additional Users, so it all works out OK.