• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Last Call Vacations inventory in Orlando in late January

Princ3ssgldy

Reaction score
I own two properties-- DVC AKV and BG in Gatlinburg. Since my DVC membership includes an RCI membership, I never created an RCI profile under my BG account, and I'm not interested in doing so regardless. The issue with this setup is that I cannot see any RCI inventory in Orlando.

I'm planing a 1-week trip to Orlando in late January, and I'm hoping to stay using an RCI Last Call Vacations rental because I'm out of points in both of my accounts. In order to do so, I would pay to register my BG property as well. However, I don't want to pay without knowing what inventory is available in Orlando, and as I explained above, I cannot see that.

My thinking is that Orlando has so many timeshares, and end of January is low travel season, that the chances of a property becoming available through Last Call Vacations are pretty high. I'm open to just about any location provided that the room has 2 bedrooms, and the resort has a relatively nice pool area.

Does my reasoning make sense? Does anyone have experience with Orlando RCI Last Call Vacations inventory in late January?

Thanks!!

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
I know Vacation Village at Parkway usually has openings for last call in January. I don't know about 2 bedrooms though!

Princ3ssgldy

Reaction score
I know Vacation Village at Parkway usually has openings for last call in January. I don't know about 2 bedrooms though!

Thank you! The location there would work great for me actually.

Anyone else have experience?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I don't have any specifics to share about inventory in late January, but I'd also keep an eye out (or have someone check for you) for when RCI has a sale on Extra Vacations. Sometimes the prices can be very similar to Last Call, with the bonus that you can usually book several months in advance instead of the 6 weeks Last Call allows. Their current sale has dates into October, so I would guess in 2-3 of months it would be time to start looking for January to show up in those sales.

Princ3ssgldy

Reaction score
I don't have any specifics to share about inventory in late January, but I'd also keep an eye out (or have someone check for you) for when RCI has a sale on Extra Vacations. Sometimes the prices can be very similar to Last Call, with the bonus that you can usually book several months in advance instead of the 6 weeks Last Call allows. Their current sale has dates into October, so I would guess in 2-3 of months it would be time to start looking for January to show up in those sales.

Thank you! I was actually wondering something similar. If I don't want to go through the process of listing my BG timeshare in BG, is it permissible to pay someone on this forum who has access to Orlando Extra Vacations or Last Call to keep an eye out for me and make the reservation for me should it become available? Thanks!

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Thank you! The location there would work great for me actually.

You might be able to snag Two 1 bedroom units at VV@P and then call to ask if they can be adjoining units. I managed to do that (but it wasn't in January) a couple of years ago. I booked a 1 bedroom full kitchen and 1 bedroom partial kitchen as I knew the 2 of them made up a 2 bedroom. The staff were quite accommodating of my request and also assigned me the units in my preferred building. It will end up costing more than a 2 bedroom unit but our son didn't mind as the Last Call prices were so low. YMMV

~Diane

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some

I've done more than 160 exchanges through RCI, but do more EVs and LCs now than anything I've ever done before. Almost exclusively EVs and LCs the last several years, for others.

You will not have any problem getting Orlando in January.

RCI.com seems to be broken right now, but if you'll remind me, I'll see how many EVs there are now for next January. RCI frequently discounts EVs, so that sometimes they are as affordable as LCs.

Wow! It's been a long time since I was unable to log on the RCI.com.

PAGE NOT FOUND

Oops!
We can't seem to find what you're looking for. If you continue to receive this message, please delete your cache and try again.

Princ3ssgldy

Reaction score
I've done more than 160 exchanges through RCI, but do more EVs and LCs now than anything I've ever done before. Almost exclusively EVs and LCs the last several years, for others.

You will not have any problem getting Orlando in January.

RCI.com seems to be broken right now, but if you'll remind me, I'll see how many EVs there are now for next January. RCI frequently discounts EVs, so that sometimes they are as affordable as LCs.

Wow! It's been a long time since I was unable to log on the RCI.com.

PAGE NOT FOUND

Oops!
We can't seem to find what you're looking for. If you continue to receive this message, please delete your cache and try again.

Thank you! I will follow up with you a little later once the site is up!

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Right now there are 250 EVs for January for the Orlando area, so count on there being LCs when the time comes.

&, as I said, they frequently have sales on EVs, making them as affordable as LCs.

Even now, many of the EVs are priced less than most annual fees.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
We took a Super Shuttle last month to Bonnet Creek. One of the stops along the way was Vacation Village at Parkway. I was curious having frequently seen it on RCI. It looked pretty run down from the outside and you definitely would need a car. It sits back on a long driveway all by its self with nothing nearby. I think the nearest anything was an abandoned hotel which was an interesting sight. I wouldn't stay there myself.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
We took a Super Shuttle last month to Bonnet Creek. One of the stops along the way was Vacation Village at Parkway. I was curious having frequently seen it on RCI. It looked pretty run down from the outside and you definitely would need a car. It sits back on a long driveway all by its self with nothing nearby. I think the nearest anything was an abandoned hotel which was an interesting sight. I wouldn't stay there myself.

I think perhaps you were looking at the wrong property, the place immediately beside (west) of VV@P is quite run down, further back from the road and has a similar name (Parkway International?) . VV@P has new buildings (& more planned), all high-rise, a few of which are very close to 192/Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy and even the original older buildings look pretty well maintained (at least they did last fall). We have stayed there many times and we find the location great for walking to many nearby shops and restaurants as well as Old Town for the cruise nights. There is a fairly new Publix grocery store across the street with a pharmacy, many restaurants and other shops and bars in the complex. Orlando/Kissimmee also has a fairly good and inexpensive public transportation (bus) system that also runs along 192 (with connections to the airport) so between that and the resort shuttle it is possible to stay there without a car.

~Diane

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought as a bluegreen owner the rci membership is paid through your base fee, and you should have no cost to set up.