• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Kalia Tower #7499 (missing?)

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not finding HGVC Kalia Tower (originally wrote Kalia Suites) #7499 in RCI Resort Directory (via WorldMark portal.) Did it change names? codes?
I was unable to add it to an Ongoing Search Request.

Edit: I changed title to "Kalia Tower" as it's more commonly known than "Kalia Suites"

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yeah, I don’t see Kalia Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village (HHV) in the RCI Directory. Don’t know why it’s not there :shrug:.

The other HGVC Oahu resorts are still in the RCI Directory.
Lagoon, Grand Waikikian and Grand Islander Towers at HHV
Hokulani is also there.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@bnoble It's a tower behind, and perpendicular to, Grand Waikikian.

@alwysonvac Thanks for confirming it's not in RCI. (I always called it Kalia Tower, but I see Hilton calls it Kalia Suites.)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It was a hotel conversion and only a 6 floors I believe are part of the HGVC inventory. Maybe because it has limited inventory, it is perhaps not a property the HGVC provides deposits for. I see WT deposited into RCI and limited number of LT units. Can't recall every seeing a KT unit.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@bnoble
I understand. I, too, had only ever heard of "Kohala Suites" before looking for Kalia Tower yesterday and finding the word "suites" next to it.

@Sandy VDH
I have not looked for Kalia in RCI in recent years, but about 6 years ago, we stayed in Grand Waikikian while our friends stayed in Kalia Tower. Both were RCI exchanges.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
The last bulk sighting posted for Kalia was in 2017 for stays in 2018 (link).
But lately it seems more folks have been picking up HHV deposits via OGS with very few HHV weeks sighted online.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I just got the printed RCI directory and its still listed as 7499 Kalia Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations Club.

They must want me to renew, my membership expires tomorrow.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today, I adjusted dates on my ongoing search for Kalia Tower (Suites) and received this error message:

Failed due to the entered resort does not have the valid web status,Should be Y.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Well, that’s not good. What did RCI say?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The removed Ocean Oaks in Hilton Head too. It use to be #DF32.
I guess they are just being very clear that they don't intend to deposit any of those units into RCI for the next year or contract period.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I guess they are just being very clear that they don't intend to deposit any of those units into RCI for the next year or contract period.

Or in my fantasy land the ground is being laid for HGVC/Diamond to launch an expanded "destination exchange." I do think that may be in the cards, but it is a bit early to be seeing the moves.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Or in my fantasy land the ground is being laid for HGVC/Diamond to launch an expanded "destination exchange." I do think that may be in the cards, but it is a bit early to be seeing the moves.
On the contrary the Diamond run Virginia Beach Resorts that have always been II only now have been added to the RCI directory. I don't know if it will just be rentals or if they will start allowing deposits.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
On the contrary the Diamond run Virginia Beach Resorts that have always been II only now have been added to the RCI directory. I don't know if it will just be rentals or if they will start allowing deposits.

As it stands now Destination Exchange is a Diamond internal exchange with a (behind the dashboard) portal to RCI for things that are not Diamond. I am hoping to see that evolve.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

When these DRI resorts were in II did availability show up often? I make due with the VSA resorts. These options would be nice to have.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When these DRI resorts were in II did availability show up often? I make due with the VSA resorts. These options would be nice to have.
yes but there were limited summer deposits and gold key owners have priority exchanging back in. They still are in II and as far as I know owners can only use II and dex. There are still more deeded owners than diamond point members.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yes but there were limited summer deposits and gold key owners have priority exchanging back in. They still are in II and as far as I know owners can only use II and dex. There are still more deeded owners than diamond point members.

Also interesting to note they do not have any quality ratings from RCI. The customary RCI link to TripAdvisor is also missing, despite them being on TripAdvisor ... surprised the VSA Resorts rank better on TripAdvisor than the DRI ones. Maybe I am not missing much.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@alwysonvac
I tried to chat, but it was around 9pm on the west coast, so "chat" was down. Then I was busy with other things and forgot, until I just saw this thread again.

Last edited:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did the "chat" with RCI yesterday. The rep managed to set up Kalia with the new dates for me.
When I asked about the error, "Chris" said something about 1 in 4. I replied that all Hiltons were 1 in 4, but I wasn't getting an error on the other ones.

It was interesting to me that (at least on WM portal), I cannot see the relation number of the ongoing search when I am modifying it. Since I had several ongoing searches, Chris asked me what was the relation number. I replied the one with 7499 in it. Chris replied that s/he could not see the resort codes on his/her screen. I then said, positionally on my screen it was the 2nd one down. Not so on his/her screen. The only time I see the relation number of the search is when I get the email confirming the change, and I rarely keep those.

The other thing Chris told me was that "now", we cannot start an ongoing search less than 90 days in advance. I have always been able to start a search 30/31 days in advance, whatever date is the first one open on the RCI calendar. I have not yet tried another search to see whether Chris was correct. anyone?

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for the update.

JMHO... Without a clear explanation regarding why the resort is not listed in the RCI directory and why the date adjustment on your Kalia search received an error, who knows if the new Kalia search is truly valid. :shrug:
I would setup another OGS for HHV that doesn’t include Kalia Tower to be on the safe side.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Phyllis. I agree, and have no expectations that it would match. I set it up as a "let's see what happens". I was hoping to get some insight, but that rep clearly did not know why it was getting an error nor why it's no longer in the directory.

I also noticed that I could not "hold" another resort with a check-in of June 11. It used to be we couldn't hold within 15 days or so.