• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rci has a lack of consideration toward its members

Kenny G

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had what I thought was a simple request for RCI

I have a unit reserved from Sat -Sat at The Mayan palace on the Riviera Maya
As I got a less expensive flight thru a charter from Sun _Sun and the resort has check in on FRi,SAt and Sun I thought it would be no big deal

The vacation guide said there was no availability even tho there were units available for rent

I asked for a supervisor and was told no-one could change an exchange for a rental

In this modern day of computers don't you think it would be quite easy to do

I contacted the Mayan palace Directly and they told me only Rci could help me

unfortunately they don't care enough for the members when the can make more $$$$$$

JEFF H

Reaction score
Kenny G said:
I had what I thought was a simple request for RCI

I have a unit reserved from Sat -Sat at The Mayan palace on the Riviera Maya
As I got a less expensive flight thru a charter from Sun _Sun and the resort has check in on FRi,SAt and Sun I thought it would be no big deal

The vacation guide said there was no availability even tho there were units available for rent

I asked for a supervisor and was told no-one could change an exchange for a rental

In this modern day of computers don't you think it would be quite easy to do

I contacted the Mayan palace Directly and they told me only Rci could help me

unfortunately they don't care enough for the members when the can make more $$$$$$

Thats not normally possible with a Timeshare exchange and should not be expected that RCI could do this for you.
If a Sun-sun week was available for exchange you could have cancelled your original exchange and confirmed the Sun-sun week with a new exchange fee.

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only time it works changing the check-in day is if you own at the resort. We had an RCI exchange into our home resort (I know, shouldn't have banked the week), then changed directly with the resort from Sat. to Fri.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kenny G,

RCI cannot change the check-in/check-out dates of deposited units. If there are other units available with the preferred check-in day, we can cancel the first exchange and confirm a different one. However, this will usually result in forfeiture of some or all of the exchange fee paid.

Resorts will sometimes try to help, but it is entirely their prerogative.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
As Madge has already provided an answer I hope it will be in order for my to suggest to the OP, that they investigate to option of renting one night direct from the resort to cover the Saturday night.