• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Glitch - Points values inflated 25% - appears to be for ALL resorts

Is anyone else seeing this same behavior?

• Total voters

jtmcgarry

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at resorts in Jamaica the past 3 or 4 days, building a spreadsheet with points required to book and all inclusive fees for comparison. Tonight, all of the points values across the board for all 14 resorts I looked at are inflated 25%. However, when I do a search, the results show the points range that I have been seeing all week for the dates I am interested in. But when I click on 'Available Units' the points shown are increased 25%. For example, if I search Breathless Montego Bay for Aug 11 - 18, it shows Price Range: 22,400 - 23,600, but when I click on 'Available Units' they show 28,000 - 29,500 (25% higher). I did this for another random resort in North Carolina and I saw the same behavior.

I called RCI and they told me there was a glitch this week and now it seems to be affecting more resorts. RCI will gladly let you book for 25% extra points but I'm waiting until they fix this glitch.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called RCI and they told me there was a glitch this week and now it seems to be affecting more resorts. RCI will gladly let you book for 25% extra points but I'm waiting until they fix this glitch.

Without this heads-up, think how many folks wouldn't realize there's a glitch and would be using 25% more points. Like you said, RCI is more than happy to book you for the additional points. Way to go, RCI!

Thank you for sharing.

jtmcgarry

TUG Member
Reaction score
They fixed the ‘glitch’ today in the front page now matches what you see when you click on available units. For Jamaica, all 14 resorts that I was looking at have increased by 25%. RCI had no good explanation for the 25% increase. For all I know, it was system wide but I can’t know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flybefree

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is weird, because a few weeks ago, I noticed that a resort in Provence that I track had been at 59k points and suddenly went up to 61.5k. Today, it's 62k. Same exact weeks.