• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Exchange for Disney FL

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
Hilton owner here, but watch the DVC threads religiously. We plan on buying into the DVC California, once they start selling, but will have to depend on exchanges into DVC though RCI for now.

Question: what is our chances of snagging an exchange this December? We’ve been on the waitlist for almost 2 years.

Thanks for the help!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you are looking for DVC California, your chances are zero. There have been no reported deposits there. Perhaps if fires and covid are raging and travel is restricted but the resort is still open, you may get lucky. Other than that if you want DVC through RCI you will need to go to Florida.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
If you are looking for DVC California, your chances are zero. There have been no reported deposits there. Perhaps if fires and covid are raging and travel is restricted but the resort is still open, you may get lucky. Other than that if you want DVC through RCI you will need to go to Florida.

Sorry, didn’t specify- we are going to Florida.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
HGVC members have access to both RCI Weeks and RCI Points exchange inventory.

Your ongoing request will only pick up exchange inventory in RCI Weeks.
If December weeks become available in RCI Points, your OGS will miss it. You have to search online for RCI Points inventory.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
HGVC members have access to both RCI Weeks and RCI Points exchange inventory.

Your ongoing request will only pick up exchange inventory in RCI Weeks.
If December weeks become available in RCI Points, your OGS will miss it. You have to search online for RCI Points inventory.

Interesting, I didn’t know that. So there’s a chance I missed it/will miss it if I’m not obsessively searching.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Interesting, I didn’t know that. So there’s a chance I missed it/will miss it if I’m not obsessively searching.
Correct. Also follow the Disney exchange thread (see Sticky thread at the top of the Sighting/Distressed Forum)

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
yes. you have to search ever few days. I have never gotten any of my 6 RCI-DVC exchanges from OGS. You should also have a realistic back up plan in place. DVC is almost 100% booked up for 1 BR in early December (Dec 4-11 showed ZERO 1BR for any nights). I don't know if that affects what DVC deposits, but there might not be many December deposits this year. DVC Jan has already hit a few times.

Angel1123

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Wyndham, do you have access to both points and weeks or weeks only? I’ve only seen weeks but I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss something on the search. Thanks.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have only resale ownerships and never enrolled in PlusPartners separately, you see only Weeks. If you have a developer purchase and/or enrolled in PlusPartners you see both Weeks and Points.

Gwendyc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen DVC through the HGVC RCI portal up through September and then again in January, but I feel like October through December will be doubtful this year. I put an OGS for March and we are going to stay HGVC this December.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
If you have only resale ownerships and never enrolled in PlusPartners separately, you see only Weeks. If you have a developer purchase and/or enrolled in PlusPartners you see both Weeks and Points.

Where do I find info on PlusPartners? It may be too late to join but I want to see it.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure it is still possible to enroll in it separately. Back in the day, enrollment was $2,400. I don’t even know where to start, as I never did it. When we moved from the old RCI generics to the new portal, it seemed less valuable to be in Points.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Where do I find info on PlusPartners? It may be too late to join but I want to see it.
There really isn't information for joining plus partners because I don't think Wyndham still allows resales to join. You would pay an additional monthly fee per 1000 points and an initiation fee of $2000+ for the ability to see RCI nightly stays and perhaps the ability to convert future years points to use for airfare and cars at a rate of around $2 per 1000 plus a service fee.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
for the ability to see RCI nightly stays and perhaps the ability to convert future years points to use for airfare and cars at a rate of around $2 per 1000 plus a service fee.
To expand on this: back when I was thinking about it, it seemed like the only valuable element of PP was the ability to see Points inventory. Back when Wyndham owners deposited "generic" Weeks for RCI exchanges, this seemed like a reasonable idea---even the "best" Generics had low trade power and could not see (and therefore could not exchange into) most high-value deposits, except back into Wyndham where we had preference. But even then, $2400 seemed like a steep price to pay just to be able to get better RCI exchanges when there were other ways to do that. This was before the global re-valuation just before the TPU system went live, and at the time I owned a couple of other weeks that were relatively low-fee tiger traders, so I had other ways of making those exchanges.

Now things are reversed: Wyndham is relatively good for high-value Weeks exchanges, and the marginal value of seeing Points inventory doesn't seem even remotely worth the enrollment fee to me, even if it were possible. There are some areas (Hilton Head, Maui) where Points can be very very helpful, but there are lots of other places to go, too.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
Got it. Thanks for the replies!

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
I've seen DVC through the HGVC RCI portal up through September and then again in January, but I feel like October through December will be doubtful this year. I put an OGS for March and we are going to stay HGVC this December.
I'd say another few weeks for March deposits. This weekend was through Mid February with units available in RCI at Saratoga Springs.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Sounded like they want to buy at the new DVC in CA? I do too. I am waiting for it to go on sale. I can just imagine what the price will be for it.

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
in general the end of the year is challenging to get in RCI. there have been a number of folks that have used the sighting data to see what has been reported and October November and December are rare I think if you search the sighting thread you can find some work that @CPNY did a while back. There is a guy called Skier Pete who tracks availability by month for dvc owners (google skier Pete dvc availability to see his impressive work) and the end of the year months are tough even for DVC members inside of 7 months (which is the main time Disney makes RCI deposits). I can always get January in RCI but if I want to go in the fall I use my DVC points and book early.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
There is a guy called Skier Pete who tracks availability by month for dvc owners (google skier Pete dvc availability to see his impressive work)
Skier Pete now has his own website, continuing his classic work and updating it. Click on Availability Charts at the top of the main page https://www.dvchelp.com/. Data is historic, but it’s very helpful when wondering what the likelihood is for booking a desired DVC villa.

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
Skier Pete now has his own website, continuing his classic work and updating it. Click on Availability Charts at the top of the main page https://www.dvchelp.com/. Data is historic, but it’s very helpful when wondering what the likelihood is for booking a desired DVC villa.
I was not sure if I was allowed to post the URL :) but your instruction is on point :) and his work is really helpful

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I was not sure if I was allowed to post the URL :) but your instruction is on point :) and his work is really helpful
Another website I frequent blocks out forbidden websites - hopefully TUG does too, although I don’t think they’re as sensitive about “competitors” as that other site is.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
It seemed that early winter months were coming in around this time of the year when I began tracking based off sighting. So it’s no wonder we are seeing JanFeb starting to hit now.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Moved to Exchanging Forum