• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI exchange fees $25 OFF!!!

Timesharemogul

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
:clap:
Got an e-mail today announcing that if I book my exchange now RCI would knock $25 off the exchange fee ($164 - $25 = $139) .
I phoned RCI this evening and spoke to a guide to verify my understanding of the offer and when I asked how long this price would be good she couldn't tell me except to say that it could be withdrawn at any time.
Brian

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I didn't get a similar email. Wonder if this was targeted?

Sheila

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not get one either. And I get tons of emails from RCI all the time.

Makes me wonder if it was targed at folks who do little exchanging to encourage them to get busy! I am a regular exchanger, so they get their money out of me!

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I didn't get the e-mail offer either, although I have received plenty of phone calls suggesting I deposit my 2008 weeks NOW.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called RCI & they didn't know anything about it. The Guide thought it might be resort specific - such as VRI's discount.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
$164 is so high for an exchange! They should lower their price permanently to match II's reasonable $139 fee.

I didn't receive the offer, either. I only have one week in my account, anyway. :)

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
I didn't get one either but it doesn't make much differcence if you can't find anything to exchange FOR :rolleyes:

Jolson

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also received this e-mail the other day stating a $25 discount to exchange. I do approximately two exchanges per year and have so for the last several years and all of my resorts happen to be VRI managed. I don't think it relates to exchanging VRI to VRI resorts as I believe that is a separate discount of $20, at least that's what I received for a discount when I exchanged my deposited week for another VRI managed resort for June 2008.

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
One a year, no email here.
Do get calls to deposit until I get vicious enough and they stop for a while.

Timesharemogul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pasting a copy of the e-mail offer

The subject of the discount offer e-mail I received was "Great Exchange Ideas in Orlando"....the text of it is pasted as follows and you will note that the reference number atr the bottom is 201351....this is the number I used when I called RCI and asked the guide for the discounted exchange fee. I make a LOT of exchanges with RCI and the majority of them are internal exchanges for different weeks at the resorts I own at.
If this is/was a targeted offer, it could be because at this point in time I have two longstanding pending requests for internal exchange, and six future banked deposits where no request has been started, have six confirmed internal exchange weeks to travel to this year, or maybe it's because I've been an RCI member for 17 years? Hard to say if it's targeted because I fit so many targets! LOL

TEXT FOLLOWS:
Your RCI subscribing membership gives you access to vacation possibilities close to home and in over 100 countries worldwide. Exchange your vacation week…and let the fun begin!

As an added bonus, book your exchange vacation today and receive
$25 USD off your exchange fee!

Here are just a few great ideas†:

Vacation Village at Parkway ( #4940 )
Availability: April – July 2007

Orange Lake's West Village ( #0670 )

Silver Lake Resort-Silver Points ( #6815 )

Celebration World Resort ( #5389 )

Whether you want to stay close to home or see the world, RCI gives you thousands of options - and plenty of help to find the perfect location.

Call an RCI Guide today at 1-800-338-7777

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

†These Exchange Vacations are limited. Destinations and travel times are subject to availability and confirmed on a first come, first served basis. Offer includes only accommodations and specifically excludes travel costs and other expenses that may be incurred. Taxes and additional fees may apply. Promotional discounts and offers may not apply to all properties. Other restrictions may apply. Offer void where prohibited by law.

To ensure that you continue to receive your emails from RCI, please add rci@email.rci.com to your Address Book or Safe List. Otherwise, junk mail filters may block our messages, and we know you'd like to receive important Membership emails. Thank you.

If you have trouble viewing this email, please click on the following link or cut and paste it into your browser:
http://view.ed4.net/v/7AMBJD/VH7NN/CLUQTC/26V9RN/

If you have questions, please do not respond to this email by clicking your "reply" button. The address is automated and cannot help with questions or requests. If you do have questions, please contact RCI by clicking here. Please remember to include your name, address and RCI Membership identification number in your message.

To change your email address or modify your RCI.com registration, click here and log in to your Member Account.

RCI occasionally sends emails to RCI Subscribing Members to update them on the status of their accounts, or to share RCI offers with them that they may find of interest. To unsubscribe to these emails, click here.

Privacy Policy

CST: 2081369-50. Fla. Seller of Travel Reg. No. ST-36515. Nevada Seller of Travel Registration No. 2006-0006. Washington Seller of Travel Reg. No. 602560941. For Web Site Terms and Conditions and Additional Disclosures go to www.rci.com.

This inventory is made available by RCI, LLC (operating as Resort Condominiums International, LLC in CO, IN, NC, NJ and NV), an Indiana licensed real estate salesperson, whose principal broker is John Lawrence Hertweck. All Rights Reserved. Each Office is Independently Owned and Operated.

RCI and the logo are service marks licensed to such licensee. All Rights Reserved. Each Office is Independently Owned and Operated

Reference #: 201351

RCI Address: 9998 North Michigan Road, Carmel, IN 46032

© 2007 RCI, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
$164 is so high for an exchange! They should lower their price permanently to match II's reasonable $139 fee.

Vote with your wallet & don't deposit any more weeks into RCI then. You do have a choice. I'm moving more of my business to TPI.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We are also moving toward that goal. We own 9 weeks at resorts that are exclusive to RCI, but we only have one in our account. I am happy to brag about that! :) Points are another thing altogether. We own two additional weeks that are in RCI points. Maybe we own more than 15 weeks now. :confused: I think we own 17 weeks, with six in II. Oh dear!

TravlGrl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Actually, II is charging $154 for a domestic exchange now. They raised it in January. :annoyed:

I thought the $154 was way too high until I booked an exchange two days ago for my family through RCI and was charged the $164. That is almost as much as an RCI Last Call vacation!!! You can get those for $179!:eek:

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked an interval exchange tonight and it was $139.

TravlGrl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, how on earth did you work that magic? My December exchange was $139, but my January was $154. They had told me in December that they'd be raising the fees in January, and I ended up making my request January 4th (because I couldn't get my act together any sooner). I'm calling them. Thanks!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just booked a week and paid only $139.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Maybe that was intended to be a discount on the exchange fee when exchanging into Orlando only? :confused:

ttt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, II is charging $154 for a domestic exchange now. They raised it in January. :annoyed:

I thought the $154 was way too high until I booked an exchange two days ago for my family through RCI and was charged the $164. That is almost as much as an RCI Last Call vacation!!! You can get those for $179!:eek:

I just booked through II and the fee was still $139.:)

Timesharemogul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe that was intended to be a discount on the exchange fee when exchanging into Orlando only? :confused:

No, not at all: Using the reference number in the letter, I called and spoke to a GUIDE who gave me the discount for a new internal exchange I confirmed for July 2008....I don't own anything in Orlando.
But it was a good theory Carol.
Brian

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
These exchange fees are too high!!!!!

Stop this foolishness! You arenot only paying a ridiculous exchange fee but also a membership fee and then if you get luck and get what you want you may get cancelled at the last moment.

Try Dial an Exchange or Platinum or advertise for a direct exchange on TUG or try renting. Live a little.