• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Exchange DVC & Check In/MDE (My Disney Experience)

nikkiwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi there - we have an RCI exchange for Saratoga Springs that came through, but the date falls two days prior than when we arrive. I know with most other Disney resort reservations you can check in via the app whether you use the room that day or not - however with this one, I do remember visiting the front desk last time (2016) to pay the exchange fee. Anyone know if that will just autobill to your room tab now, or if you're still required to manually check in for that? Can I check in via the app and arrive when I arrive?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We are staying at Saratoga Springs Resort right now through RCI and were able to go directly to our unit. I called DVC to get the reservation number and give them the names of everyone staying in the unit. Next I logged into to My Disney Experience account, added the reservation number, pre-registered, added my credit card and gave my cell number.

nikkiwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! They just billed you that exchange fee on your room tab?

chrisobb

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Resort on Cocoa Beach, Wyndham
Yep, just back and as long as your card is on file it auto bills to that card.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
The app is getting better and better. A scan of the MB and everything is listed on your phone. You can see the bus times at your resort. (Didn't keep us from nervous speedwalking, though.) lol

I had an AKV exchange that we were two days late on because we were on their ship instead. When we arrived, there was a fancy plate of chocolate covered strawberries on the counter. I called down to say thank you but we hadn't been there for the two days and then they sent up a new special dessert.