• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Comp Exchange Question - Pros Cons if week already deposited

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am currently on RCI looking at all inclusives for July 09, although I don't know where yet. Any insight would be helpuful.

Anyway, I notice I have a "Comp Exchange" listed under "Exchange your Week". What does this mean and if I am using a banked week to search for my AI, should I also use this Comp Exchange. What are the pros and cons.
Thanks.

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please help. I don't know if this is a quick offer that I must act on or it will be there indefinately. Thank you very much.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I am currently on RCI looking at all inclusives for July 09, although I don't know where yet. Any insight would be helpuful.
this thread about AI may help. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83086
Post #6 by Duke says that for most AI, the extra costs they charge for the AI makes exchanging a poor value. That just buying the vacation from a travel agent is cheaper and you still have your week for an exchange.

Last edited:

Bigbird130

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Comp Exchange

When I called RCI about a Comp Exchange it was explained to me that it was a free week put in your account by a resort you own for using the RCI exchange program.
I asked if any of the 6 resorts were available and she said no they did not participate in the program.
I guess the best thing to do is to call RCI and see what they can do for you

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I called RCI about a Comp Exchange it was explained to me that it was a free week put in your account by a resort you own for using the RCI exchange program.
I asked if any of the 6 resorts were available and she said no they did not participate in the program.
I guess the best thing to do is to call RCI and see what they can do for you

Do you know that I called this morning and the RCI guide informed me it was a glitch in the system and just on there in error and said it happens once in a while :shrug:
I said "my friend" (really you LOL) had this same thing once and was told as you state above. She said that was not correct and it was just a mistake on my account :crash:
Oh well. Thank you for your help, my friend :) I wish it worked out differently for me.