• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI cancellation policy dates

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Looks like I need to cancel Canaries for June, 21 . COVID-19 is still a problem here in EU . I looked at my account and saw I could get my trading power back but no credit for exchange fee. Does anyone know if its been extended? I'm waiting to call today with time difference to speak to someone. Still waiting on vaccines. Just doing over 60s here. Thanks for any insight, information.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi all!

Looks like I need to cancel Canaries for June, 21 . COVID-19 is still a problem here in EU . I looked at my account and saw I could get my trading power back but no credit for exchange fee. Does anyone know if ots been extended? I'm waiting to call today with time difference yo speak to someone. Thanks for any insight, information.

Is the cancellation based on specific government travel restrictions ?

Canadians have had some success getting accommodation from RCI. - due to travel restrictions and
a limited within Canada options

I paid RCI the trading power coverage in Dec 2020 - cancelled 2 exchanges & received a credit that was good to March 31. In early March I was allowed to use some of the credit to do a 2 year combine & extend of TPU’s.
In mid March I did find a Feb 2022 exchange to Mexico that I used for the rest of the credit.

@moonstone posted that RCI extended TPU’s for an extra year as an accommodation.

I realize this does not directly answer your question but I hope it gives some insight.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the cancellation based on specific government travel restrictions ?

Canadians have had some success getting accommodation from RCI. - due to travel restrictions and
a limited within Canada options

I paid RCI the trading power coverage in Dec 2020 - cancelled 2 exchanges & received a credit that was good to March 31. In early March I was allowed to use some of the credit to do a 2 year combine & extend of TPU’s.
In mid March I did find a Feb 2022 exchange to Mexico that I used for the rest of the credit.

@moonstone posted that RCI extended TPU’s for an extra year as an accommodation.

I realize this does not directly answer your question but I hope it gives some insight.
Many thanks. I'm calling in a few minutes. There are restrictions still I place and discourae non essential travel. I'm not comfortable going without vaccine so I'm going to explain my situation. In the past cancelled trips I received exchange fee credit. I was wondering about this and found an emsil that offered 50% before June 30th and make new dates by Nov 21. Under these circumstances I'm hoping for a full credit. Thx for your quick response and information.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)

Yes, RCI did restore our full TPU's on our week at our home resort that we had to cancel less than 2 weeks before check-in when the Canadian Govt extended the border closure. There was no exchange fee for that due to it being our home resort and the TPUs are good for an extra year.
I also had to cancel a 10 night and a 7 night stay (different trips) that were booked with our RCI points on very short notice due to the border closure. RCI returned those points and credited our account with the exchange fees. They also extended our use year as the points were going to expire while the borders were still closed. As an extra bonus RCI added an extra year onto our RCI membership free of charge since we haven't been able to cross the Canada-US border since early 2020. We had no trip protection insurance for any of the bookings.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

~Diane

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, RCI did restore our full TPU's on our week at our home resort that we had to cancel less than 2 weeks before check-in when the Canadian Govt extended the border closure. There was no exchange fee for that due to it being our home resort and the TPUs are good for an extra year.
I also had to cancel a 10 night and a 7 night stay (different trips) that were booked with our RCI points on very short notice due to the border closure. RCI returned those points and credited our account with the exchange fees. They also extended our use year as the points were going to expire while the borders were still closed. As an extra bonus RCI added an extra year onto our RCI membership free of charge since we haven't been able to cross the Canada-US border since early 2020. We had no trip protection insurance for any of the bookings.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

~Diane
Excellent...I'm impressed.
Hi all!

Looks like I need to cancel Canaries for June, 21 . COVID-19 is still a problem here in EU . I looked at my account and saw I could get my trading power back but no credit for exchange fee. Does anyone know if its been extended? I'm waiting to call today with time difference to speak to someone. Still waiting on vaccines. Just doing over 60s here. Thanks for any insight, information.
I just called again because the week I was using expires in June. Without a vaccine and the likelihood of not having it, I'm out a week. They suggested I wait till beginning of June and ask for a supervisor to extend the use of the week. If I end up with Astra Z , no travel for August. What a mess. I hope I can extend the week. I got the exchange fee and the trading power ...now I need to be able to use it !!! I was told Nov. To book but if it expires in June... no good . I wrote to Rci@feedback.com to see if it will help. One if the guides saidci should not have waited till 2021to use week. Hello, I couldn't use it in 2020 with virus !!!

Last edited:

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Update: I haven't given up and once I saw Spain was now delaying reopening till June 30th I decided to call RCI.

I explained I cancelled the June week due to not getting 2nd vaccine until end of July. In earlier phone calls I got nowhere fast. This time I explained how I cannot use my expiring June, 2021 week and have not been able to use it for all of 2020 and 2021. or much of anything that requires international flights due to covid. I was granted an extension to June, 2022 and even got my leftover points hanging around. Thrilled and glad I persevered. Had a great RCI rep. Who really went to bat for me.