• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI and Wyndham

Baggi

Reaction score
I'm not really clear on how RCI works yet.

I know you have to pay to deposit and use Wyndham points, but is there a way to discuss just RCI here?

I looked thru all the boards and maybe I'm just tired but didn't notice an area that was for RCI discussions. Is that because they just take place within the other groups?

Or did I miss something?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have questions specifically about how the Wyndham RCI portal works, this is the right place. If instead you have questions about RCI generally, that would be better in the Exchanging forum.

Baggi

Reaction score
I mostly just wanted to read up on it and not ask a bazillion questions and sound like a dummy.

I'm pretty sure I've got months until my aunt's Wyndham points transfer over to me and my wife. And during that time I'd like to learn as much as possible.

For example, there's a Worldmark resort near our home that is like to go to from time to time. I'm wondering how much trouble it's going to be to convert Wyndham over to Worldmark so we can go to this place.

Makes me sad we live in a state with no Wyndham but lots of Worldmark.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I mostly just wanted to read up on it and not ask a bazillion questions and sound like a dummy.

I'm pretty sure I've got months until my aunt's Wyndham points transfer over to me and my wife. And during that time I'd like to learn as much as possible.

For example, there's a Worldmark resort near our home that is like to go to from time to time. I'm wondering how much trouble it's going to be to convert Wyndham over to Worldmark so we can go to this place.

Makes me sad we live in a state with no Wyndham but lots of Worldmark.
Ask a bunch of questions. You won’t sound like a dummy. You’re trying to learn and you’re getting yourself into an obligation that you should really be well versed in. Please ask away! You should know there are different types of ownership with certain rules so know what you have and ask away. People here will be more than willing to help to make sure you know exactly what you have and the best way to use it! You will only be a dummy if you don’t ask questions and have an ownership you don’t know what to do with. :)

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
@Baggi - Wyndham points CAN be used at Worldmark resorts BUT you do pay a fee (was $99 the last time I did this...may be more now).
As a Wyndham member, to check Worldmark availability, you need to call Wyndham first and ask about Worldmark availability. The call will then be transferred.
Make this call early in the morning or you may be waiting quite some time on hold...

deslagle

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Baggi, I was in RCI from 1993 for over 15 years both for exchanges and then the points system. I gave up on them when they got caught skimming some of the best resorts off the top and renting them out for their financial benefit. I have been in Interval International every since and Raintree Vacation Club. Have done everything I can do to stay out of RCI. Wyndham actually owns RCI. Wyndham is taking over Raintree Vacation Club one unit at a time. Wyndham sales tactics I do not care for as they won't let you out the door with your so called "free gift" after the 90 minute pledge( Maui). They kept bringing management persons one after another changing the offer. We were there 3 hours. But since you are in Wyndham, use their systems for internal exchanging. They seem to be the biggest timeshare player now. I gave up via resale my Shell Group points to not deal with Wyndham. But the joke is on me.
1) I went to Park City 2 years ago and my Raintree Vacation Club Miners Club said Raintree on the bottom of the sign. Worldmark was at the top, A Wyndham resort. Wyndham was managing the front counter. Since I had owned for 10 plus years I figured they still had to give me the Raintree size rooms as reserved through Raintree. I was on the bottom floor and had no scenery as a new Wyndham had been built blocking the view in an "L" shape blocking half the view. The only view was of a grassy hill.
2) I also own at Laherencia Tres Rios and was put in the Registry Collection. I deal with special Registry collection concierges but found out that 200 of the options are actually Signature Selections resorts form RCI and that the concierges are part of RCI somehow. But I do get the nicer resorts. The Residences part of Registry Collection are not RCI.
https://www.theregistrycollection.com/information ... https://www.theregistrycollection.com/information ... The joke is on me with RCI.

Wyndham has an internal exchange system last I checked, but I am outsider, use the internal exchange systems and then only if you have to use RCI. Separate yearly annual fees and separate exchange fees are higher with RCI. Since Wyndham now owns RCI you have little choice outside of Wyndham and RCI as an alternative exchange company.

Alternatives are:

Interval International (II)

Resort Condominiums International (RCI)

Trading Places International

San Francisco Exchange Company (SFX)

Platinum Interchange

OwnerTrades.com, Marriott Specific

Trading Places Maui, Inc.

TIMELINX

Timex Direct Exchange System

Hawaii Timeshare Exchange
and there are more.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Baggi, I gave up on them when they got caught skimming some of the best resorts off the top and renting them out for their financial benefit.
RCI skimming off the top would explain everyone questioning all of the SSR units for rent in DVC on eBay and redweek. I speculated that it’s prob RCI filtering the weeks to an outside broker to rent for them. I’ve seen this happen with harborside resort at Atlantis” it’s unfair. If they actually gave the inventory back to the owners to exchange more people would want to get into timeshares. Biggest gripe besides the insane maint fees are lack of being able to go where you want to go and when. I just picked up a high point RCI ownership. I’ve been with Interval for years, I will see how this goes. If it’s bad I’m out!

Baggi

Reaction score
I take it interval international is the same thing as RCI, and by same thing I mean, they do the same sort of thing? You deposit points and exchange timeshares with people?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
You would be much better off to buy a small Grandview Las Vegas points week. Grandview is a member of the Vacation Village family of resorts and they exchange in either RCI points accounts or weeks accounts. You get a free weeks account as a Wyndham owner and you have to pay an annual fee and own a points week to have a points account. Points accounts are much better than weeks accounts. Plus it's a much better value to just own a points week than to deposit Wyndham points into RCI to be able to book RCI stays.

There are really good deals on point weeks for the Grandview Las Vegas resort and the maintenance fees are some of the best you will find.

Here is what's available in Washington as of right now with an RCI points account.

Destination
City

Check-In Month

UNION, WA USA
Blue Heron #0013
Points Range (7 Nts): 19,500 - 29,000
Check-In Date Range: 23-Oct-2020 to 28-Jan-2022
11 check-in nights available

PORT TOWNSEND, WA USA
Kala Point Village #3187
Points Range (7 Nts): 16,500 - 23,000
Check-In Date Range: 11-Dec-2020 to 12-Nov-2021
6 check-in nights available

CHELAN, WA USA
Lake Chelan Shores #0441
4.5-32772-5.svg
25 Reviews
Points Range (7 Nts): 13,000 - 66,000
Check-In Date Range: 09-Oct-2020 to 28-Jan-2022
54 check-in nights available

CHELAN, WA USA
Peterson's Waterfront Resort #1217
4.5-32772-5.svg
15 Reviews
Points Range (7 Nts): 18,500 - 66,000
Check-In Date Range: 28-Feb-2020 to 05-Feb-2021
11 check-in nights available

BLAINE, WA USA
Raintree's Sandcastle at Birch Bay #7899
4.5-32772-5.svg
169 Reviews
Points Range (7 Nts): 22,500 - 49,500
Check-In Date Range: 17-Apr-2020 to 18-Dec-2020
15 check-in nights available

GLACIER, WA USA
Snowater #3994
Points Range (7 Nts): 15,500 - 51,500
Check-In Date Range: 10-Apr-2020 to 31-Dec-2021
20 check-in nights available

COPALIS BEACH, WA USA
Surfcrest Condominiums #0051
Points Range (7 Nts): 7,500 - 25,000
Check-In Date Range: 21-Feb-2020 to 21-Jan-2022
25 check-in nights available

MANSON, WA USA
Wapato Point #0936
4.0-32772-5.svg
374 Reviews
Points Range (7 Nts): 7,500 - 83,000
Check-In Date Range: 22-Feb-2020 to 13-Jan-2022
367 check-in nights available

OCEAN SHORES, WA USA
Windjammer Condominiums #0970
3.0-32772-5.svg
98 Reviews
Points Range (7 Nts): 7,500 - 39,000
Check-In Date Range: 21-Feb-2020 to 24-Dec-2021
157 check-in nights available

BLAINE, WA USA
WorldMark Birch Bay - 3 Nights #DL07
4.0-32772-5.svg
141 Reviews
Points Value (7 Nts): 7,500
Check-In Date Range: 24-Feb-2020

BLAINE, WA USA
WorldMark Birch Bay - 5 Nights #DL06
4.0-32772-5.svg
141 Reviews
Points Range (7 Nts): 7,500 - 26,500
Check-In Date Range: 23-Feb-2020 to 15-Mar-2020

BLAINE, WA USA
WorldMark Blaine - 5 Nights #DS71
Points Value (7 Nts): 7,500
Check-In Date Range: 23-Feb-2020

SEATTLE, WA USA
WorldMark Camlin - 5 Nights #DN63
Points Value (7 Nts): 9,000
Check-In Date Range: 16-Feb-2020

PORT TOWNSEND, WA USA
WorldMark Discovery Bay #2897
4.0-32772-5.svg
62 Reviews
Points Value (7 Nts): 35,000
Check-In Date Range: 11-Apr-2020 to 18-Apr-2020

LONG BEACH, WA USA
WorldMark Long Beach #A871
4.0-32772-5.svg
89 Reviews
Points Range (7 Nts): 26,500 - 52,500
Check-In Date Range: 17-Apr-2020 to 15-May-2020
6 check-in nights available

Baggi

Reaction score
All of the links provided above seem to be busted. Every one I click on comes back "Ooops!" As a busted link.

Baggi

Reaction score
Also, the Grandview Las Vegas, are you talking about finding one for resale?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I take it interval international is the same thing as RCI, and by same thing I mean, they do the same sort of thing? You deposit points and exchange timeshares with people?

Yes, the rumor for the existence of the two (RCI vs II) is that the original exchange company was started by a husband/wife team many moons ago - and they subsequently got divorced - so they formed two different companies after the divorce, those two companies are now RCI and II. :)

Last edited:

Xcalibur

Reaction score
Baggi, I was in RCI from 1993 for over 15 years both for exchanges and then the points system. I gave up on them when they got caught skimming some of the best resorts off the top and renting them out for their financial benefit. I have been in Interval International every since and Raintree Vacation Club. Have done everything I can do to stay out of RCI. Wyndham actually owns RCI. Wyndham is taking over Raintree Vacation Club one unit at a time. Wyndham sales tactics I do not care for as they won't let you out the door with your so called "free gift" after the 90 minute pledge( Maui). They kept bringing management persons one after another changing the offer. We were there 3 hours. But since you are in Wyndham, use their systems for internal exchanging. They seem to be the biggest timeshare player now. I gave up via resale my Shell Group points to not deal with Wyndham. But the joke is on me.
1) I went to Park City 2 years ago and my Raintree Vacation Club Miners Club said Raintree on the bottom of the sign. Worldmark was at the top, A Wyndham resort. Wyndham was managing the front counter. Since I had owned for 10 plus years I figured they still had to give me the Raintree size rooms as reserved through Raintree. I was on the bottom floor and had no scenery as a new Wyndham had been built blocking the view in an "L" shape blocking half the view. The only view was of a grassy hill.
2) I also own at Laherencia Tres Rios and was put in the Registry Collection. I deal with special Registry collection concierges but found out that 200 of the options are actually Signature Selections resorts form RCI and that the concierges are part of RCI somehow. But I do get the nicer resorts. The Residences part of Registry Collection are not RCI.
https://www.theregistrycollection.com/information ... https://www.theregistrycollection.com/information ... The joke is on me with RCI.

Wyndham has an internal exchange system last I checked, but I am outsider, use the internal exchange systems and then only if you have to use RCI. Separate yearly annual fees and separate exchange fees are higher with RCI. Since Wyndham now owns RCI you have little choice outside of Wyndham and RCI as an alternative exchange company.

Alternatives are:

Interval International (II)

Resort Condominiums International (RCI)

Trading Places International

San Francisco Exchange Company (SFX)

Platinum Interchange

OwnerTrades.com, Marriott Specific

Trading Places Maui, Inc.

TIMELINX

Timex Direct Exchange System

Hawaii Timeshare Exchange
and there are more.
Love the info! I've always wanted to access the interval international system, but only own with Wyndham. Wyn limits you to eitwhr rci or ii depending on your contract. Is there a work around you're aware of? I do have access to tpi. I also joined sfx but haven't used sfx...

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Also, the Grandview Las Vegas, are you talking about finding one for resale?
What are you looking for? I was in the market for Grandview but found something better in the vacation village family. More RCI points with similar maint fee. There is another one listed on eBay now.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Love the info! I've always wanted to access the interval international system, but only own with Wyndham. Wyn limits you to eitwhr rci or ii depending on your contract. Is there a work around you're aware of? I do have access to tpi. I also joined sfx but haven't used sfx...
II is great! Look for a good II trader. Sheraton Desert Oasis is apparently a great II trader. Plus you get priority access to MVC resorts with a lower exchange fee of 154 instead of the standard 209.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You would be much better off to buy a small Grandview Las Vegas points week. Grandview is a member of the Vacation Village family of resorts and they exchange in either RCI points accounts or weeks accounts. You get a free weeks account as a Wyndham owner and you have to pay an annual fee and own a points week to have a points account. Points accounts are much better than weeks accounts. Plus it's a much better value to just own a points week than to deposit Wyndham points into RCI to be able to book RCI stays.

There are really good deals on point weeks for the Grandview Las Vegas resort and the maintenance fees are some of the best you will find.

I agree yet disagree. Grandview is great but there is another vacation village on the block! Regal vista at Massanutten or Woodstone at Massanutten.

regal vista 4 bedroom Red Week worth 178K RCI points with $985 maint fee
Woodstone 4 Bedroom Red Week worth 137K RCI points with $899 maint fee

vs

Grandview 2 bedroom Red Week worth 122K RCI points with $835 maint fee.

I was looking for Grandview but I opted for Regal Vista. My only problem will be with all my vistana ownerships will be figuring out how to spend178K RCI points.

Baggi

Reaction score
With RCI, whether you have Grandview or something else, every time you book a vacation you've got to pay a fee, right?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you buy resale and drop Club Wyndham this doing away with club fees, can you then join II?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
With RCI, whether you have Grandview or something else, every time you book a vacation you've got to pay a fee, right?
Yes, apparently each booking is subject to an “exchange” fee.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree yet disagree. Grandview is great but there is another vacation village on the block! Regal vista at Massanutten or Woodstone at Massanutten.

regal vista 4 bedroom Red Week worth 178K RCI points with $985 maint fee
Woodstone 4 Bedroom Red Week worth 137K RCI points with $899 maint fee

vs

Grandview 2 bedroom Red Week worth 122K RCI points with $835 maint fee.

I was looking for Grandview but I opted for Regal Vista. My only problem will be with all my vistana ownerships will be figuring out how to spend178K RCI points.
Yes, apparently each booking is subject to an “exchange” fee.
It is not a bad deal for VIP GOLD. With the quiet season deposit upgrade, 63,000 points for a 35,000 point deposit, I can get into a Worldmark cheaper than through Wyndham. New York City is a steal. Clearwater Beach.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
It is not a bad deal for VIP GOLD. With the quiet season deposit upgrade, 63,000 points for a 35,000 point deposit, I can get into a Worldmark cheaper than through Wyndham. New York City is a steal. Clearwater Beach.

I live in nyc. Nothing is a steal around here haha.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you buy resale and drop Club Wyndham this doing away with club fees, can you then join II?
You can *if* the resort is dual-enrolled. But, this also means withdrawing the underlying converted week from the points system permanently, and that's probably a net negative in terms of value. If belonging to II is important, it's probably better to just buy something that exchanges well there.

Xcalibur

Reaction score
You can *if* the resort is dual-enrolled. But, this also means withdrawing the underlying converted week from the points system permanently, and that's probably a net negative in terms of value. If belonging to II is important, it's probably better to just buy something that exchanges well there.
Nah... I just want a broader access of places to go to. More options is always nice. Especially when it's about availability. We have enough points/weeks as it is cuz we like to travel outside of the TS system as well. More points or weeks would just be an added expense. That said, I would be willing to pay an annual fee to exchange into II. Especially if if I were able to get the VIP rci upgrade. Does that exist?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nah... I just want a broader access of places to go to. More options is always nice. Especially when it's about availability. We have enough points/weeks as it is cuz we like to travel outside of the TS system as well. More points or weeks would just be an added expense. That said, I would be willing to pay an annual fee to exchange into II. Especially if if I were able to get the VIP rci upgrade. Does that exist?
Yes. Page 242 "quiet season deposit upgrade.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope. Doesn't have to be enrolled at all.not all units at a resort are part of club wyndham, some more than you think. As far as value, what value.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk