• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI And Interval International

bshanebowl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Innseason at Ogunquit Maine.
Off the top of my head, Tahiti Village or Vacation Villages Williamsburg might fit what you are looking for.
It's been a little harder than I expected to find the II eligible resorts. Not the most intuitive process but between help on tug. The II Facebook group, the II resort directory, the bargain basement info, it looks like I'll manage to find the best choice.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
At this point all I'm really looking for is someone to direct me to the cheapest triennial that is associated with II. Preferably one where they are giving it away and the mf is under $150-$300. A couple of folks have suggested already.
If you want to see if a resort is associated with Interval, just go to interval website. IIRC, You can look at the Resort Directory without a logon.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
If you want to see if a resort is associated with Interval, just go to interval website. IIRC, You can look at the Resort Directory without a logon.

The OP you are quoting says in the post you are quoting he is using the II directory as a resource. It is true it is free, but it is not hassle free looking up resorts in it.

bshanebowl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have cross referenced everything available on tug bargain basement that has low maintenance fees and inconsequential pricing. Just took the better part of all the time I devoted over 2 days. Hopefully what I managed to finally drill down on will finally get me what I want.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
The OP you are quoting says in the post you are quoting he is using the II directory as a resource. It is true it is free, but it is not hassle free looking up resorts in it.
You're right. I missed that. I was replying to his earlier comment "At this point all I'm really looking for is someone to direct me to the cheapest triennial that is associated with II". I thought that he should have been able to figure out which triennials were associated with ii by looking in the directory, rather than relying on others to do his own "leg work". And, you're right, he does have access to the directory. I missed that.

Incidentally, he didn't mention that he was accessing ii "in the post was quoting" - - it was actually an earlier post that I had overlooked. But that doesn't really matter. I was trying to be helpful. I hope that he is able to find his ideal candidate timeshare.

My own parting thought - - the cheapest timeshare might be the one of which is the most expensive to eventually dispose. He may also want to consider his exit strategy and select a timeshare that accepts deed backs.

bshanebowl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You know I thought for a while I was a member of a community where people would share their experiences in order to assist others who are looking for information to help guide them in making good decisions but instead I'm some dude that wants everyone to do my leg work for me. I would like to take a moment to thank those who messaged me about examples that worked for them. That's been very helpful, and also the others who strained their brain to come up with "there's a directory" because I never even could have imagined such a thing on my own. Thanks again. Seriously. Truly.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone mentioned II’s Platinum Escapes. They typically have getaway sales 3-4 times per year available only to Platinum members. It is limited to specific resorts at around 6-10 destinations, but can be great deals. They usually advertise them starting at $27ish, but that is at mandatory all-inclusive resorts. The non-AI resorts go for $100-$150/week.

bshanebowl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don’t think anyone mentioned II’s Platinum Escapes. They typically have getaway sales 3-4 times per year available only to Platinum members. It is limited to specific resorts at around 6-10 destinations, but can be great deals. They usually advertise them starting at $27ish, but that is at mandatory all-inclusive resorts. The non-AI resorts go for $100-$150/week.
Unless something changes with someone suggesting a ts that is lower cost than the ones I've sorted through to come up with the best option for me currently, I've decided on one in particular that appears to be $550ish to $560ish every other year. I spoke with II and platinum sounds like the deal for me. I just want to make sure I poke and prod in every corner before I lock it down, to avoid overlooking something. Assuming I do 4 getaways a year, that will still give me some great vacays in $500 range.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless something changes with someone suggesting a ts that is lower cost than the ones I've sorted through to come up with the best option for me currently, I've decided on one in particular that appears to be $550ish to $560ish every other year. I spoke with II and platinum sounds like the deal for me. I just want to make sure I poke and prod in every corner before I lock it down, to avoid overlooking something. Assuming I do 4 getaways a year, that will still give me some great vacays in $500 range.
You should also remember that II might have regional blocks in some areas. For instance, if you own in Orlando, you might not be able to exchange into Orlando. Personally, I would be leery of purchasing a timeshare with maintenance fees that low just to trade into II. Since Disney moved to II I've noticed a decrease in trading power with my unit and it is a premier-rated resort. (Premier is their 2nd highest tier.) Since you are familiar with RCI, I recommend getting a timeshare that trades in both RCI & II. At least that way if you don't like your trading power in II you can deposit it in RCI the next year.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
First of all, throw out BBB ratings. BBB targets businesses to pay them membership and they will then get an A+ rating automatically.
I agree with the overall sentiment of reviews (not just BBB reviews), but your statement here does need correction. Paying for BBB accreditation does not get companies an A+ rating. Resolving complaints filed with BBB does get them better ratings. They may not always resolve complaints to the customers satisfaction but the process of working through the complaints and responding is what helps a company's BBB rating, not if they pay for accreditation.

BBB reviews and ratings are also different things. MVC has a 1.18/5 BBB review but they are A+ rated because they respond to complaints. They are not BBB accredited.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the overall sentiment of reviews (not just BBB reviews), but your statement here does need correction. Paying for BBB accreditation does not get companies an A+ rating. Resolving complaints filed with BBB does get them better ratings. They may not always resolve complaints to the customers satisfaction but the process of working through the complaints and responding is what helps a company's BBB rating, not if they pay for accreditation.

BBB reviews and ratings are also different things. MVC has a 1.18/5 BBB review but they are A+ rated because they respond to complaints. They are not BBB accredited.
When we ran our own business, BBB called us regularly to ask us to pay for membership, promising A+ rating. We passed on that and we still got A+ rating because we did not get any complaints.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
When we ran our own business, BBB called us regularly to ask us to pay for membership, promising A+ rating. We passed on that and we still got A+ rating because we did not get any complaints.
Why would they call you promising an A+ rating if you already had an A+ rating? I know Yelp utilizes the practices you are mentioning.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why would they call you promising an A+ rating if you already had an A+ rating? I know Yelp utilizes the practices you are mentioning.
Exactly. Even if we didn't have A+ rating, we would not have paid them. Their calls were mostly about guaranteeing A+ rating and how consumers would trust our company more because we would be a member.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Exactly. Even if we didn't have A+ rating, we would not have paid them. Their calls were mostly about guaranteeing A+ rating and how consumers would trust our company more because we would be a member.
The thing is, I am not aware that accreditation guarantees an A+ or any type of rating rating. I suspect they have some unscrupulous sales people who would promise it in order to make a sale but in the end you could end up with a bad rating by not responding to complaints. I beleive a business without any complaints is considered NR (not rated).

bshanebowl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You should also remember that II might have regional blocks in some areas. For instance, if you own in Orlando, you might not be able to exchange into Orlando. Personally, I would be leery of purchasing a timeshare with maintenance fees that low just to trade into II. Since Disney moved to II I've noticed a decrease in trading power with my unit and it is a premier-rated resort. (Premier is their 2nd highest tier.) Since you are familiar with RCI, I recommend getting a timeshare that trades in both RCI & II. At least that way if you don't like your trading power in II you can deposit it in RCI the next year.
Ironically if I move forward with the one that is currently at the top of the list, it does trade in both.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Since Disney moved to II I've noticed a decrease in trading power with my unit and it is a premier-rated resort. (Premier is their 2nd highest tier.) Since you are familiar with RCI, I recommend getting a timeshare that trades in both RCI & II. At least that way if you don't like your trading power in II you can deposit it in RCI the next year.

What do you own and how do you think DVC coming to II may have devalued your trading power? Own something in Orlando and think people want to trade into DVC instead?

bshanebowl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is an interesting observation. I am trying to rationalize how that change impacts trading, which I guess means that if the person is in II they are not getting what they used to for it since folks will now be able to get some Disney opportunities in II next year. Don't really get the correlation but I guess it's possible. In the meantime I have found a ts that trades in II, eoyo, mf 552 year of use. $400 transfer fee. Floats. Weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are available, fairly popular, and supposed to be quite nice due to a great number of holiday festivities throughout the area. Probably doesn't really make a difference since all I really want to do is join II platinum and try to get several deals on getaways each year.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Ironically if I move forward with the one that is currently at the top of the list, it does trade in both.
An every other year small one bedroom sheraton broadway plantation trades in both and has a MF of $235.91 (every year with every other year usage).

bshanebowl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
An every other year small one bedroom sheraton broadway plantation trades in both and has a MF of $235.91 (every year with every other year usage).
I cannot find this resort in the II resort directory, maybe someone could clarify.

bshanebowl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I cannot find this resort in the II directory

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you own and how do you think DVC coming to II may have devalued your trading power? Own something in Orlando and think people want to trade into DVC instead?
I own a 2-bedroom at Tahiti Resort in Las Vegas (premier rating in II). In the past, I could see 2-bedroom Elite resorts w/a slightly lower TDI than mine or Select resorts with high TDI. I used to be able to see probably 80% or more of the inventory posted on the TUG sightings. Now I'm lucky if I see 30% of what is posted. I can't see things that I've traded into in the past. The main thing that has changed this year is the addition of Disney into II. I think II adjusted their secret algorithm to accommodate Disney owners and some of us got knocked down a notch or two (or 3)!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I own a 2-bedroom at Tahiti Resort in Las Vegas (premier rating in II). In the past, I could see 2-bedroom Elite resorts w/a slightly lower TDI than mine or Select resorts with high TDI. I used to be able to see probably 80% or more of the inventory posted on the TUG sightings. Now I'm lucky if I see 30% of what is posted. I can't see things that I've traded into in the past. The main thing that has changed this year is the addition of Disney into II. I think II adjusted their secret algorithm to accommodate Disney owners and some of us got knocked down a notch or two (or 3)!
A lot of the sightings on TUG have a Marriott or Vistana preference or are extremely high demand and sometimes only last a few minutes.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
A lot of the sightings on TUG have a Marriott or Vistana preference or are extremely high demand and sometimes only last a few minutes.
True, but most of the time folks note if it is in preference. Occasionally I'll ask if it isn't noted. I've seen a big change in what I can pull. At the beginning of the year, I had two units deposited and my older 2021 deposit could see more than my 2022 deposit. In the past, the newer deposit could always see more. I'm confirmed into Disney for the first week of October, but for the last 1-2 months I haven't been able to see any Disney even for early Sept which has a lower TDI than the week I already have. I don't think I've seen any Hyatt units this year.