• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI 3 year renew

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I did not realize that it is already time for me to renew my 3 year RCI point contract until today. I was trying to get an exchange for May. When I try to confirm, the system tells me my 2006 use year point is 0 :eek: . I called RCI to figure out what is going on. They tried to renew my contract for me but failed. Told me I had to go through my home resort. My home resort is the Mansfield in Australia.

Has any one gone through the process and know how long it takes?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Jane

huestous

Reaction score
janej said:
Has any one gone through the process and know how long it takes?

Contact Cara Dockerty, the Enrollment Assistant Coordinator of RCI Pacific Pty Ltd (ABN 46 084 640 933) for the required parperwork. Renewal is relatively quick (took ours ~1 week within the past half year).

E-mail: cara.dockerty@rciap.com

Web: www.rciap.com

glenn1000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Australian RCI Points owners go through RCI Pacific

Renewal is not through your home resort, but through RCI Pacific, since that is the original way you signed up. It took us awhile to figure out how to renew but once you get in touch with them renewal is a breeze. http://www.rciap.com/rci_index.asp

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I emailed Cara. Hopefully I will still be able to get the exchange by the time my account is activated again.

Thanks,

Jane

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where to find RCI points?

I used up my RCI points, and I am trying to find someone to rent/transfer some points. I checked ebay already. Any other sites/company that rent points?

Thanks,

Jane

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Another mystery uncovered

janej said:
I used up my RCI points, and I am trying to find someone to rent/transfer some points. I checked ebay already. Any other sites/company that rent points?

Thanks,

Jane
There was a thriving market for RCI Points on eBay a year or two back but it dried up. My understanding was that RCI said it was a no-no thus killing the market. Yet at a meeting on Saturday with an RCI Points representative (an RCI employee not a sales weasel at a sales pitch) one of the items she stressed was the ability to "transfer points from other owners" into your account. I just wonder now how that is supposed to done if we can't advertise the availabilty?

JanB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I'm confused. We are due to renew our RCI Points 3-year contract in August. Our points are also through Australia and our first contract was with RCI Pacific. Three years ago, we had to go through RCI U.S. to renew even though we preferred to go through RCI Pacific. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I've copied the above information - so thanks everyone. It will undoubtedly come in handy in a few months.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
JanB said:
We are due to renew our RCI Points 3-year contract in August.
My three year contract actually is due to expire in Nov. But I have to renew now to make travel plans. If I do not, they do not pull in 2006 points for me. I am still waiting to hear from Cara. What is the main contact number for RCI pacific? I checked the Contact Us page on the web site, it seems to be different for every country.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
timeos2 said:
TMy understanding was that RCI said it was a no-no thus killing the market. Yet at a meeting on Saturday with an RCI Points representative (an RCI employee not a sales weasel at a sales pitch) one of the items she stressed was the ability to "transfer points from other owners" into your account. I just wonder now how that is supposed to done if we can't advertise the availabilty?
So is it against the RCI rules to sell points? They got so many rules it is hard to keep track of. I wonder what the reason is behind this rule. I own DVC and there is an open market for DVC points. I think it makes DVC ownership more attractive.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

I emailed Cara on Monday and got her email back this morning. My RCI point account was back to normal already. I was able to borrow enough points to make the reservation.

Thanks a lot for sharing the information with me.

Jane