• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI- '13 summer trade to SC- reality check

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to TUG help and research, I've learned if I bank my Massanutten SV week this year and next via RCI I would have a total of 62 power points between this and next years deposits. My goal it to get the family (5 in all- kids= 9, 9 & 4) to Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach between late July and mid-August, 2013 by combining the points. Any idea what realistic trades or options I may have to be successful in my quest?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
A lot of people visit both in July and August. Personally it is too darn hot both places for me.

My family loves Hilton Head but after one June visit decided to skip summers for now on. Most RCI exchanges will not be on the beach which is ok but think 95 degrees, moderate to high humidity and no breeze. We visited the pool in the mornings. Stayed in the AC from 11- 4pm and then enjoyed the beach or other activities until sunset. Evenings weren't too bad. Unless you were in a boat on the water or in the AC the mid day was too hot.

Myrtle Beach has more RCI properties on the beach and has easier overall access to the beach. The activities in MB seem more entertainment (rides, go carts, waterparks, mini golf, shows, etc) centered than nature centered and most are in the AC or places with more of a breeze.

The nice thing about both places is the ocean is warm enough that you can stay in the ocean until sunset. In the MD, NY, and NJ beaches where I grew up, I can only stand being in the water during the hottest part of the day and by 3 its too cold.

Realistically you should be able to get a nice 2-3 bedroom at either place since you are planning early and have enough tpu's. Decide on your first picks and put in a search and keep an eye on the sightings board.

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, there are quite a few resort available now at RCI for under 40 TPUs.

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
working for school systems in NJ only lend to this type of travel- beach in the summer, ski in the winter over xmas. a change of scenery from the south jersey beaches is welcomed. what i'm looking for is more specific places that i should be looking for that have beach access without walking blocks to get there (that i can get in NJ easy!). i'm hoping knowledable MB/HH folk could provide a family friendly list of places to keep an eye out for.