• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rayburn Country - Golfview Villas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rayburn country
At this point I’m
Almost hoping it goes under with the annual fees getting way up there. I’m not sure what happens if it goes under though.

I’ve emailed them for an official invoice/statement/bill listing my unit and week etc. I’m not paying the $100 until I get an official specific notice. I’ll pay it once they send that. I emailed the Day I got the letter and haven’t been replied to yet. I’ll report back if I get anything.

CMVer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I, too, sent an email the day I received the special assessment letter. I also asked for a reply with no response. We need to keep on this and quit enabling them to waste money on a lost cause. Not sure how to do that though.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
At this point I’m
Almost hoping it goes under with the annual fees getting way up there. I’m not sure what happens if it goes under though.

I’ve emailed them for an official invoice/statement/bill listing my unit and week etc. I’m not paying the $100 until I get an official specific notice. I’ll pay it once they send that. I emailed the Day I got the letter and haven’t been replied to yet. I’ll report back if I get anything.

I see you are new to TUG - please let us know if you hear back from them Rayburn. Thanks for checking in

chazpbg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke to someone on staff (not the main guy) by phone and pretty much said what others are saying: I need some kind of statement. That letter was so strange -- if you're doing a special assessment, don't make it let your passing the hat... Just give a brief explanation and send a bill. If I get something at the top of the year that shows the $100 assessment plus the annual maintenance fees, I'll pay it. I'm not trying to cheat the place, but I need something more official.

If they go under, does anyone have any idea what happens? I'm okay if it just means we're done with things and don't get anything back. I'm got more than a decade's worth of use out of my ownership, which allowed me to be in RCI points. I'm just hoping we don't get taken over by new ownership without the right to deed back our properties...

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
When we bought a 1BR at Rayburn, it was our cheapest gateway into RCI Points 10 yrs ago. It was a deeded property. I dumped it when I became disgusted with RCI.

If there is a liquidation, you will be in line to collect any leftovers after the debtors are paid. I wouldn't hold my breath. Haven't ever been there.

Is there a chance that some investor could come in, rebrand it and aggressively market it with a T/S exit company? Sounds like it could be a candidate.

Be vewwy, vewwy careful.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
How did you "dump it"?
It was a long time ago and I don't know if it will still work. I won't discuss it in an open forum. PM me if you want.

CMVer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maintenance fee bills have arrived. Anyone NOT paying this year in anticipation of them going broke?

bird68

Reaction score
I am adding my story to this thread and would appreciate any feedback or commentsM

I have 20000 points biannually thru Rayburn, purchased from Scott Riddle almost 10 years ago. I used a small inheritance and felt was a good deal (so I thought) and have used the points for several vacations over the years.

The last 3 years I have not been able to pay my MFs due to unforeseen health and family situations. Last year, I did pay my fees for the year but am still oweing from 2/3 previous years. As of Sept, Rayburn has put a lock on my points thru RCI so I decided to contact them to come up with a payment plan to gradually pay down amounts owing. I have talked to Samantha White several times, sent emails and finally a letter with a cheque for the $100 Oct Special Assessment plus 5 post dated cheque’s, to start paying down the overdue balance.

In one of the conversations with Samantha, I was told I would be foreclosed on next year if I didn’t pay up, and to call back, to find out if Mr Peterson would agree to my payment plan. Since then, I have called and left messages in the last week and no response. I am willing to work with Rayburn on a payment plan but after reading the previous posts, I am beginning to wonder what’s really going on.

I also looked into selling the points but foresee a huge bill to do so. I am from Canada am unsure how a sale would happen As well, I believe, after research online, that my points are worth nothing on the market.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received my Maintenance Fees Invoice today. It is actually $100 less than last 2 years because I have been paying the extra $100 "special assessment". I will be paying exactly was was invoiced (without the extra requested $100) $514. I'm not even sure what we own, but we have converted to 30,600 Annual RCI points through Scott Riddle back in the day.

bird68

Reaction score
Any updates on this resort and what’s going on with the maintenance fees etc? I haven’t received my invoice for fees this year nor have I heard back from them after repeated phone calls/emails! Thanks for any information!

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
No update, but they cashed my check for Invoice received in December. I did not paid the request additional $100 as it was not on the invoice.

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am adding my story to this thread and would appreciate any feedback or commentsM

I have 20000 points biannually thru Rayburn, purchased from Scott Riddle almost 10 years ago. I used a small inheritance and felt was a good deal (so I thought) and have used the points for several vacations over the years.

The last 3 years I have not been able to pay my MFs due to unforeseen health and family situations. Last year, I did pay my fees for the year but am still oweing from 2/3 previous years. As of Sept, Rayburn has put a lock on my points thru RCI so I decided to contact them to come up with a payment plan to gradually pay down amounts owing. I have talked to Samantha White several times, sent emails and finally a letter with a cheque for the $100 Oct Special Assessment plus 5 post dated cheque’s, to start paying down the overdue balance.

In one of the conversations with Samantha, I was told I would be foreclosed on next year if I didn’t pay up, and to call back, to find out if Mr Peterson would agree to my payment plan. Since then, I have called and left messages in the last week and no response. I am willing to work with Rayburn on a payment plan but after reading the previous posts, I am beginning to wonder what’s really going on.

I also looked into selling the points but foresee a huge bill to do so. I am from Canada am unsure how a sale would happen As well, I believe, after research online, that my points are worth nothing on the market.

Other more experienced posters from Canada can chime in but I wouldn't worry too much about the "foreclosure" if you were not too keen on using it. I don't think this would impact your credit history in Canada either (again, check with experts). There may also be a way to deed it back to the resort but since you have dues outstanding not sure how that would work. Good luck!

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received a letter in the mail with the following:

Dear Rayburn Country Timeshare Owner,
During the past three years we have had to foreclose more than 500 weeks of timeshared ownership and we presently have nearly 300 weeks in line for foreclosure. We have been reduced to only enough paying owners to support about 20 condos. We have 45 condos in our Timeshare Association! We cannot afford to pay taxes, condo dues, HOA dues, insurance, utilities, etc. on 45 condos from the maintenance fees that we receive which equate to essentially pay the bills for 20 condos. We have tried to reduce the number of condos but have not been able to get the cooperation from owners to get this done.
R.C.I. continues to pump people into these units which causes us to do extensive maid service, maintenance, etc. and we receive no funds from these R.C.I. rentals. They make all of the money, we do all the work and we receive nothing in return. It is just one of the inequities of the timeshare Business and especially in these old rundown facilities.
At the end of the day, we see no alternative but to file bankruptcy. We are hopeful that the bankruptcy court will approve a workout plan which will allow us to continue to operate with 20 to 25 condos and allow us to sell 20 to 25. The reality is that the court may decide that we just need to liquidate and sell all of the assets and pay off all the creditors. In any event, we will begin the process and work through the system until there is a resolution one way or the other.
Please remember, we only have one person in our office and to try to return hundreds of phone calls will take months. My limited experience with Bankruptcy courts is that you as creditors will receive updates as we move through this process and will have some input although I do not know how much.
Very Sincerely Yours,
C....P....

GrahamNet

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rayburn Country
I'm new to this forum but I'm in the same boat. I'm left wondering, after all the dues increases the last few years, where has the money gone? How much of it was spent on upkeep and maintenance vs administrative costs etc. If you do some simple math, the dues increases should have provided tens of thousands that should have been spent on upkeep. Instead, look at some of the comments on RCI on this property (I've never been there) and it looks as though nothing has been spent properly. Anecdotal evidence only, but something just doesn't smell right. Has anyone ever seen financial statements? As members, are we entitled to them? I made an investment in this years ago that has probably broken me close to even, but I hate to lose this. I'm also wondering if there is a potential for a class action suit here, charging mismanagement etc.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
R.C.I. continues to pump people into these units which causes us to do extensive maid service, maintenance, etc. and we receive no funds from these R.C.I. rentals. They make all of the money, we do all the work and we receive nothing in return. It is just one of the inequities of the timeshare Business and especially in these old rundown facilities.”

No surprise they filed BK. This statement shows that they don’t have a clue about timeshares and exchanges.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many years ago Rayburn County was one of the cheapest ways to get into RCI Points. Now it is worthless and in bankruptcy. Why anyone is willing to send them any money in the hopes of salvaging anything is beyond my comprehension. My advice, send them nothing and don't respond to anything they ask you to do...

George

Reactions: RX8