• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rayburn Country - Golfview Villas

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received a letter a few months ago that the resort has been taken over. The letter also mentioned that the new owners would be updating the resort. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything on possible Special Assessment?

We own a small RCI points contract here (bought through Scott but unfortunately he passed away not too long ago) and are wondering if it's worth keeping it.

Thanks.

Sudre

Reaction score
We own property here. They sent us a special assessment fee for $100 last year. Then after I called, asked about it then paid it they sent us the maintenance fee bill (but only after we paid the special assessment). Turns out they raise the maintenance fee to $600 from $359. I was expecting something more in the 400-500 range considering the added special assessment fees.

I called and talked to Kyle Peterson who took over the property. I asked if they were going to be rewarding more points or anything like extra vacations since their maintenance fee to point ratio was now the highest I own. Particularly with the assessment fee they added on. He replied no. I got the impression they would send out another assessment fee next year too. It's for covering the firewood and such then he complained about how people burnt fires even when not needed.

I ask him if they were buying back the properties and he said, "Timeshares are worthless and a scam" and he was not going to buy any of them back. He said, "No one wants them." He was also very clear that he did not understand how the RCI points system worked and it didn't sound like he cared. He explained how he was a hotel manager before. The whole conversation left me feeling like I will give this resort away. I have a bad feeling about it.

Would love to here any other opinions about this place. I got the property for the low maintenance fee expecting it to go up a bit but not almost double. They've been promising to fix it up for years. It has never happened. At least I purchased the property very very cheap. I am still deciding if I will pay the maintenance or just let the property go. I see no way to resell it with this current maintenance fee and special assessment fees.

buniconk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dikhololo (S. Africa), Sam Rayburn
We, too, own at Sam Rayburn Country Club. We purchased it in 2008 for almost nothing, and have enjoyed the generous 27,500 annual RCI points for very low maintenance fees (MFs). (Last year MFs went up to $414 + $100 assessment. (Here's the MF History = $260 in '08; raised to $286 in '10; raised to $314 in '12; raised to $414 in '17 + $100 assessment in 2017.)

We stayed there for the first (and only . . . ) time in 2015, and found it a disaster -- terribly run down & filthy. The office moved us to another unit but it was equally filthy & run down. I attended a Board Meeting while we were there, and I listened to the housekeeping supervisor give a raving report -- I presented a slide show of the filth & disrepair and expressed my dismay at the appalling condition of the property -- and I was essentially ignored by the Board. The Board seemed to have no idea what is happening or are powerless to change anything. I suspect it is the latter. We were told (by someone who is in the know) that Clyde Pederson, President & CEO of Rayburn Country Timeshare Assn, owns a large number of properties there -- I am guessing that he got them in foreclosures for next-to-nothing and is milking them to the end or is reselling them privately for a handsome profit. We recently received a request to change ownerships to a reduced number of units (the best ones) to salvage the property ownership because there have been so many foreclosures (from non-payment, I assume) -- it required 100% approval by the remaining owners, & we have not heard the results. They essentially are holding us hostage -- either agree to the reduced ownership & keep the same maintenance fees (MFs) - or if they don't get 100% owners' approval, then MFs will go up because they need to pay the resort expenses over a smaller number of owners.

My question is - what are they going to do with the units that are abandoned, if they get their 100%. Is Mr. Pederson going to take ownership of those also?

We requested to deed-back the property in 2015 & Mr. Pederson declined. We then attempted (unsuccessfully) to sell the property, but ultimately decided it was best to keep the property because (with RCI) you can move credits from weeks to points only if you have both types of ownership. We make good use of our credits on the points side and do often move most of our weeks credits to the points side. So up until now it has been worth it to own such a crappy property. However, if the MFs start going up even more, or if we get a big assessment, we may have to reconsider that strategy.

It looks to me like people are letting go of their ownerships by simply not paying their fees. It's rather expensive for a property to foreclose, & it's hurtful to your credit rating -- but if we care about neither, then it seems a no-brainer. We are just undecided what to do because we do like those 27,500 annual points, and the price, so far, is still OK. Time will tell . . . (I'm hoping WorldMark by Wyndham will acquire the property like they have done so many other failing resorts -- it'll probably be the only way we see any future in Sam Rayburn Country Club.)

buniconk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agreed. Just quit paying?

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received this today..
b0ed0a17-c978-4ce5-bc06-d4bc0a184c06.jpg

Points weeks for Points owners Trading Times Clients

It has been 3 years since the passing of Scott Riddle. We have been tasked with trying to assist Scott's clients in their ownership of timeshare and sort through some of the issues that may have not been resolved in their dealings with Trading Times. Some issues we will not be able to assist in but will put forth my best efforts to try.

Our company is International Condominium Wholesalers which has been in business for 25 years. We specialize in timeshare around the world and selling RCI weeks and RCI points. With over 15,000 sales, we pride ourselves with the knowledge and experience of the timesharing industry.

28,000 Global Points annually, deeded for $250.00 sales price. Low maintenance fees of $250.00 annually .That breaks down to less than a penny a Point! Unheard of in this industry!

I have a very limited supply and they will be sold on a first come first serve basis. Please call 800-613-7410 if you or friends are interested. Thank you for your patronage and have great day!

SELLERS: depending on where you own, we may be able to assist you in getting rid of your timeshare property.

Whether you are a Buyer or Seller or just an owner that needs assistance, we can be reached at 800-613-7410.

Highest Regards,
Jeff Crouch
President of ICW

buniconk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After reading the previous posting, I was curious about who/what ICW is. My research of International Condominium Wholesalers on the TUG website was very interesting reading...

CMVer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I, too, am concerned about this place. Maintenance fees are way out of line and it seems like the attitude of management is that they don't care. I really wish the place would fold and we could just walk away. I've asked about paying to get out or getting a unit with more RCI points but no answer. If anyone hears anything from or about this "resort" please post.

Peachy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sam Rayburn Country Club
We also own property here. After they raised the maintenance fee to $600 from $359. I contacted them and talked to Kyle Peterson and asked for finical statements for the past three years backing up their decision. He promised it will be sent soon but I have not received anything yet . Based on my understanding of Texas timeshare laws they have to provide financial disclosure to the owners but they have not done so.

chazpbg

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, what's the latest with this? I'm thinking of calling them and asking about deeding back. Surely that's a better option than paying to foreclose just to collect your maintenance fees, no? Has anyone stopped paying their fees? If so, what's happened?

iwanttoflyaway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good deal while it lasted. Chickens have now come home to roost!

Get out any way you can.

George

Well, this was a great thing for me to find at this stage of my timeshare research. I have identified a decent number of ownerships with excellent mf:points and mf:TPU ratios, and currently I'd get a LOT more value than I'd pay for with any of them. This whole thread makes it clear that the tables can turn at any time, and something that was chosen for being a legitimately good value at one point can easily become a significant liability.

From my research, do I understand correctly that this was telegraphed by steadily poorer maintenance at the property, before maintenance fees began jumping and another management company took over and they went through the roof? Is that a fairly typical progression? I'm trying (as a newbie) to understand how I can perhaps see the writing on the wall for other properties that currently hold value like these ownerships used to.

JesJohnnie

Reaction score
I, too, am concerned about this place. Maintenance fees are way out of line and it seems like the attitude of management is that they don't care. I really wish the place would fold and we could just walk away. I've asked about paying to get out or getting a unit with more RCI points but no answer. If anyone hears anything from or about this "resort" please post.

Please file a complaint with BBB, Consumer affairs, Texas State attorney general office etc. I'm in the process of doing so. Pedersen won't return calls and it's very likely it's a scam. HOA raised 80%. If you have 2/2 condo in golfview Samantha White/office Manager told me that 3/3 pays the same rate of $600 as a 2/2 owner. Unethical.

JesJohnnie

Reaction score
I received my Maintenance Fee Statement and paid them. For me, it isn't an option to just not pay.
My fees went up from $359 to $600. Increasing fees so high in one year seems "not right". Please complain to BBB, consumer affair etc.

JesJohnnie

Reaction score
We also own property here. After they raised the maintenance fee to $600 from $359. I contacted them and talked to Kyle Peterson and asked for finical statements for the past three years backing up their decision. He promised it will be sent soon but I have not received anything yet . Based on my understanding of Texas timeshare laws they have to provide financial disclosure to the owners but they have not done so.

I spoke to Samantha White/Office Manager and received 2 years. However, the math doesn't add up with number of owners and claimed expenses. Please file a complaint with TX state attorney general, BBB and consumer affairs so a formal investigation can be made. Protect yourself and public. I'm in same boat. Mr. Pederson never returns calls and he doesn't sound honest.

JesJohnnie

Reaction score

Please see my other posts about filing complaint with BBB, consumer affairs, texas state attorney general. I called and left messages but Mr. Pederson won't call me back. I have the budget numbers they sent to me in case you want it. Regardless, 80% increase in one year for a texas property seems unethical. Fight back. I will because they threatened me with foreclosure and blocked my RCI account which I pay separately for and they have no business. Samantha white/Office manager supposed to get Mr. Pederson to contact me but instead sent me a letter stating they will start foreclosure sooner. :0(

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
This whole thread makes it clear that the tables can turn at any time, and something that was chosen for being a legitimately good value at one point can easily become a significant liability.

You are quite correct. I remember that many years ago Rayburn County was overall the cheapest way to get into RCI Points...

George

chazpbg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is following this thread. But if you are, wondering if you got the latest Rayburn mailing... Seems like they are on life support at this point. I'm not sure I'm going to pay the next assessment. At the very least, I'm going to wait until I get a real bill for it instead of a letter that sends more like an appeal that an actual bill.

Has anyone here gone through foreclosure with them? I gather they do indeed foreclose. But what happens? Do they cut off your RCI account, as someone indicated here? (Don't see how they can do that if it's for points you've already deposited...). Do they have creditors go after you? Has your credit rating been affected? Any fees and other stuff thrown into what's owed?

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received the letter for the $100 assessment. I will probably pay it because I feel obligated to do so. I do not know what happens with foreclosures at Rayburn. My question is what happens if Rayburn goes under?

CMVer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received the letter for the $100 assessment. I will probably pay it because I feel obligated to do so. I do not know what happens with foreclosures at Rayburn. My question is what happens if Rayburn goes under?
I'm hoping the end comes soon. I'm betting that with this special assessment on top of last year's that many more owners bale out. I'm debating whether to pay or not. Not sure throwing good money after bad is a good idea.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took this Timeshare over from my parents when they didn’t need it any more. We converted it into a Points ownership and have had some really great vacations, including a recent 7 glorious days at a Hilton property on the Big Island. I consider the maintenance fees minimal considering we only use the points for other vacations. I will miss the RCI Points, but in the meantime will continue to pay until they go under.

chazpbg

TUG Member
Reaction score
My concern is exactly about throwing good money after bad. There was something desperate about that letter... and the fact it comes just a few months before they'd be collecting the annual maintenance fee makes me wonder if they have enough money to last the rest of the year. At the very least, I'm inclined to wait until I get some kind of actual bill for the $100, whether it comes as part of my annual bill with the maintenance fee or as something separate. I can't see paying this $100 based on a letter that's more like a please-help-us charity appeal.