• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rayburn Country Club Resort

kbassosc

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received the packet in the mail, but not in time to attend either of the webinars, unfortunately. There is value in the land, at least, and I am not familiar with the developer listed in the packet (Tram Road Lodging, LLC). I do understand that this is a desirable location with other residential property nearby. However, understand that the timeshares have not been maintained and bankruptcy was at least contemplated earlier. I am giving it some thought but likely will vote "yes".

weegus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rayburn Country Club resort
After years of not knowing what was going on, finally there was good information at the webinar. This presentation and vote package is available from sydnit@themvpservice.com
A Yes vote votes to "Wind up and terminate the Association" I have voted Yes and returned my proxy vote.

chazpbg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't been paying attention to the whole Rayburn thing in a while but again stumbled on this thread... I'll email them, but I'm guessing it might be too late? I'd certain vote to close the thing down.

chazpbg

TUG Member
Reaction score
They didn't respond immediately to my email but I'll try again and/or call. Certainly, I'll be glad to be done with this -- I got what I needed out of my purchase. But... is there any reason/rationale for not wanting to deed back your unit?

chazpbg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the forms... Can anyone explain to me if there's any reason not to vote "yes" (I can't imagine there is...but just thought I'd ask).

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got paperwork to go sign with a notary. We will do that this week. I did also get an additional packet, addressed to us, but inside the papers are someone else with a similar name. I initially thought two packets of papers meant we both had to sign individually. I emailed them and asked if we need to sign two separate sets or whether we can just shred the extras. Read what they sent to be sure before you go to the notary just in case they did the same.

weegus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rayburn Country Club resort
I got the forms... Can anyone explain to me if there's any reason not to vote "yes" (I can't imagine there is...but just thought I'd ask).
At the meetings they explained that as no fees have been collected for the last few years and the city/county taxes have been paid by the developer, that if the time share owners wanted to resurrect the time share, then these costs would have to be paid back to the developer (approx $1.5M) and then the cost of refurbishing the units (approx $3M) would lie with the time share owners.
Apparently the proxy votes were 175 (yes) to 1 (no) in favour of terminating the Association. The developer also has approx. 1000 votes via foreclosures and deed backs etc. and will use these as votes to terminate.
I received my deed back papers today and will be signing them and sending them back to the lawyer.