• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RAVC Honolulu and Kona

JJ the Canuck

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
Staying at these two locations for the first time and don't see much about them under reviews. Any words to the wise about what requests if any to make ahead of time?
Thanks in advance for any insights.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I visited the Kona location years ago. Not much to talk about, to be honest. I didn't see that any unit would be better than any other. The units RAVC owned are close together, at one end of the resort. They were nothing special. It's been a few years, so things may have changed.

Dave

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
All the Royal Aloha Waikiki and Kona units have been renovated in the past three years and the Kona units have central AC now. Internal guest reviews are very positive on the renovations. We've stayed at the Kona location and my mom especially liked the pool. I don't know if you are staying in a one bedroom or a two bedroom. But, there is a one bedroom unit located away from the main building that has most of the Kona units. It is near the pool and the location was nice in the complex. We got that unit because we needed a unit that had minimal steps. I believe that the Kona location also has a couple of 3 bedroom units located in townhouses away from the main building, closer to the ocean. If you have a 2 bedroom reserved, you might be able to upgrade closer to the date, though I suspect that they usually go to owners in the know about them. As for Waikiki, I know that especially, the Sky Tower units were given a total face-lift, but I believe there are only one bedrooms at the Sky Tower. The renovations at the other two towers were also done, just not as extensive. All the Waikiki units are fairly large for Hawaii condos and have a washer and dryer.

JJ the Canuck

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the intel! We have one bedroom units booked at both locations...sorry, should have mentioned that!

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the RAVC Waikiki in April 2019 for DS wedding. We had 2 one-bedroom units. They were nicely upgraded, both had w/d. One was a corner unit and was really large. Had some trouble with the washer and they sent someone up almost immediately.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It sounds like RAVC is doing a much better job lately with their units. I had a membership in RAVC back then that I cancelled after visiting their resorts in Hawaii and Oregon. Things were run down, and it didn't seem like anybody much cared. Good to see they've stepped up and changed things. :thumbup:

Dave

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
I have two more comments for those who are interested in any of the RAVC Hawaii locations. All the Waikiki and Kona condos have been renovated and now have king-size beds instead of queens. The condos are also very large for Hawaii and the 2-bedrooms really do have privacy for 6 people -- they are not closets where people would be climbing over each other. However, I would not stay at the RAVC Maui location at this moment. This is because the HOA for the buildings are doing extensive renovation on the buildings so you can't even go out on the lanais and you'll see work on all the public areas, like the hallways and such.

So, because of this, the planned interior renovations of the RAVC Maui condos has been delayed. However, my understanding is that RAVC will start working on the interiors later this year.

So, I share this with you all so people not disappointed if they stay at RAVC Maui. Waikiki and Kona are fine, but Maui is still in the works.

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
i just exchanged into a 1 br unit at RAVC waikiki for 2/7-2/14/22. Was not able to find alot of information or recent reviews. Very happy to hear about the king size bed and rennovations. 1st time to Hawaii.

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
Staying at these two locations for the first time and don't see much about them under reviews. Any words to the wise about what requests if any to make ahead of time?
Thanks in advance for any insights.

How was the waikiki exchange? thx

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
i just exchanged into a 1 br unit at RAVC waikiki for 2/7-2/14/22. Was not able to find alot of information or recent reviews. Very happy to hear about the king size bed and rennovations. 1st time to Hawaii.

I was just looking at this and the check-in is right next door to the building we live in. I thought I remember seeing the sign. :)

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at this and the check-in is right next door to the building we live in. I thought I remember seeing the sign. :)
You live in Hawaii! How wonderful

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI