• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

rare 2BR Kauai Beach Club on eBay

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230755051783

Did a tugger buy this?

It sold for $3250 (a low price in my opinion even for EOY).

2BR Kauai Beach Club units are rare on eBay.

I'm predicting that Marriott exercises ROFR.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was in on the bidding up to $2750 but didn't want to go any higher. I do think $3250 is a good price but not great so I bailed.

I purchased my annaul 2BDRM OV on ebay in 2010 for $6100 so that was my reference point. Since then I've seen an annual like mine go for $4500 and one go for over $7k and a few EOY OV 2BDRM go for somewhere between $3.5 - $4k.

Any 2BDRM OV/OF Marriott Hawaii is a great addition because if you manage it right you can use very effectively or rent it for above MF, sometimes well above MFs. And the third option ain't so bad either, use it every year to go to glorious Hawaii.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
I was in on the bidding up to $2750 but didn't want to go any higher. I do think $3250 is a good price but not great so I bailed.

I purchased my annaul 2BDRM OV on ebay in 2010 for $6100 so that was my reference point. Since then I've seen an annual like mine go for $4500 and one go for over $7k and a few EOY OV 2BDRM go for somewhere between $3.5 - $4k.

Any 2BDRM OV/OF Marriott Hawaii is a great addition because if you manage it right you can use very effectively or rent it for above MF, sometimes well above MFs. And the third option ain't so bad either, use it every year to go to glorious Hawaii.
Hi Joe,

The KBC 2BR annual that sold at $4500 ... do you know if it passed ROFR? (I'm doubtful it would at that price).

You have an impressive timeshare inventory. Conspicuously absent is Waiohai and Ko'Olina. Do you not like those resorts as well, or have you not found the bargain pricing you are looking for? Just curious.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Joe,

The KBC 2BR annual that sold at $4500 ... do you know if it passed ROFR? (I'm doubtful it would at that price).

You have an impressive timeshare inventory. Conspicuously absent is Waiohai and Ko'Olina. Do you not like those resorts as well, or have you not found the bargain pricing you are looking for? Just curious.

No way for me to know if the $4500 passed ROFR but it was sold at the depth of the market crash so its likely it did pass.

I've never been to Waiohai and Ko'Olina but would no doubt love them. The reason I've never taken the plunge on either of them is I'm not sure if there is a strong rental market and anything I buy needs to fit my rent/use model or its a losing proposition for me.

I actually believe the right weeks would rent but haven't seen true evidence of such so I'm looking for a sweetheart deal to take a chance and see if it fits my TS profile requirements.

That is what happened with KBC. I saw one for such a great price $6100 I took a chance. The last two years I reserved July 4th and rented both years very easily at MF + so I'm satisfied it fits my profile and will look to add more KBC at the right price.

I don't know if the $12.5 OV penthouse was on ebay, if it was I missed it. I would've been interested at that price because I think the penthouse would have been a nice marketing feature to secure a nice rental income.

Last edited: