• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Raintree's Club Regina Puerto Vallarta - questions

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a one bedroom at Raintree Club Regina in Puerto Vallarta. The descriptions says the daily service fees for 1 bedroom are $14.00 per day. Plus a state tax of 3%.

Use of the gym at the Westin Hotel for a fee. Question: Is this fee only charged if you use the facilities? Or do you pay regardless of whether you use the facilities?
Sauna and steam room facilities at the Westin are $12 USD per person per day. Question: Is this fee only charged if you use the facilities?

Are the beds comfortable?
How far is the walk to the Walmart?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I'm looking at a one bedroom at Raintree Club Regina in Puerto Vallarta. The descriptions says the daily service fees for 1 bedroom are $14.00 per day. Plus a state tax of 3%.

Use of the gym at the Westin Hotel for a fee. Question: Is this fee only charged if you use the facilities? Or do you pay regardless of whether you use the facilities?
Sauna and steam room facilities at the Westin are $12 USD per person per day. Question: Is this fee only charged if you use the facilities?

Are the beds comfortable?
How far is the walk to the Walmart?

Hi Goldi,
I assume you are planning to exchange through RCI

The fee to use the the gym etc. at the Westin is only if you use it and is payable to the Westin Hotel.
Raintree Club Regina and Westin were part of the same corporation when built. They are now separately owned but share a resort footprint.

Walmart would be about a half hour walk. Good if you want the exercise.

If you want to just go there - the public bus stops outside the resort and stops across from Walmart on it's route to downtown.
A lot of tourist visitors use the bus in PV and cost is about 10 pesos, and there is no need to rent a car. Cabs are inexpensive as well.
We have stayed next door to Club Regina at the Mayan Palace PV Marina. We will usually take the bus to Walmart for groceries and take a cab back with all the bags for about $5 usd

There is also an OXXO convenience store right across the street from Club Regina.

@DonnaD is a TUG member who spends quite a few weeks each winter at Club Regina and could answer other questions.

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information T Dot Traveller.
Yes, I'm booking through RCI. This will be our first stay at Raintree.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Hi Goldi,
I assume you are planning to exchange through RCI

The fee to use the the gym etc. at the Westin is only if you use it and is payable to the Westin Hotel.
Raintree Club Regina and Westin were part of the same corporation when built. They are now separately owned but share a resort footprint.

Walmart would be about a half hour walk. Good if you want the exercise.

If you want to just go there - the public bus stops outside the resort and stops across from Walmart on it's route to downtown.
A lot of tourist visitors use the bus in PV and cost is about 10 pesos, and there is no need to rent a car. Cabs are inexpensive as well.
We have stayed next door to Club Regina at the Mayan Palace PV Marina. We will usually take the bus to Walmart for groceries and take a cab back with all the bags for about $5 usd

There is also an OXXO convenience store right across the street from Club Regina.

@DonnaD is a TUG member who spends quite a few weeks each winter at Club Regina and could answer other questions.
Slight correction Tom...the OXXO is across the street from the Mayan Palace, same side of the street as Raintree down the "block".

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
I just booked three consecutive weeks in January 2022. So excited to stay at the Raintree in PV!
I will be there starting on January 5. I hope to meet you there. I was there for 7 weeks this past winter and it was wonderful. I saw whales not far from shore on many days. Take binoculars with you. Our Club Regina is wonderful with great staff. I hope you love it too.

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
DonnaD, I look forward to meeting you as well. We will be there Jan 9 thru Jan 30. I hope to add more weeks in Puerto Vallerta so that we are there thru the end of Feb. I don't see any 1 bedrooms at Club Regina right now. I can always find something at the Sea Garden.
We enjoy watching the whales too. Usually we take an excursion to go whale watching.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Love Club Regina PV and looking forward to our 2 months in Feb 2022. Got an email recently saying Raintree PV is creating its own Health Club. And, they are in another ----ing contest with Westin. Looks like more barriers are going up between resorts and the pools will be very separated. Too bad. Love the Westin pool

Socallocal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton
Hi All, I was looking into this hotel and was curious what the lodging/state tax was calculated off of? 3% of what?