• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Radio Controlled Cars- for Dogs!

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I was walking the dogs the other day and we came upon this guy with a radio controlled car. He was zooming the thing all over and the dogs (dachshunds) were going berserk. I thought it might be fun to get them one to chase.

I briefly googled radio controlled cars and saw a huge range of price and presumably quality. No idea how to start thinking about them. If I were to get one for the purposes of dog fun, it would have to be a sturdy model thats fast. But because it’s for the dogs, I’m not interested in something too expensive.

If anyone here knows about RC cars:
1. Does what I’m looking for exist? A fast sturdy inexpensive RC car?
2. Where would I buy one?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There are a lot of options, you would have to choose between a toy RC car vs one made more for hobbyists. Those made for hobbyists will be more sturdy, but may require more work to assemble. I would just go with a toy one that looks a little more sturdy for now that is more on the cheap. Then if they bust it you won't be out a bunch of cash. Watch for things like wire antenna ore loose parts that could poke an eye or get down a throat.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
This sounds really interesting and weird. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Brings a whole new concept to the term "Four on the floor." :D

Dave

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I agree with posts about a huge variety
It will depend on how long you want it to last

I bought 3 for my son and they’re in the $1000 plus range but they can run close 100mph depending on how he gears them

Not sure you need that but ones in the $50 range might not get you $50 in fun in return

You might find a good all around car that would last in that $100-200

Also
Many of the upper ( not sure where that level starts ) have replacement parts and bodies

If you do start going down that hole and get addicted just know it’s a very deep hole and endless possibilities

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please keep this in mind.

You can find these everywhere however, I think it's a bad idea. You will have no idea how that is constructed and could cause injuries to your dog. These "toys" can damage a dog's teeth should they bite down on any metal part. Depending on the size of it, you may by accident strike the dog's feet or perhaps their eye, causing harm.

If your dog goes outside, why would you want to teach your dog to chase anything? Dogs react based on their training or observance over time. This may train them to chase any object that has wheels. Perhaps a bike or some kid on a skateboard, perhaps a parent walking their child in a stroller. Not to mention real vehicles.

While it may seem like fun to the owner and the dog, always keep in mind, dogs like to chase things however, they don't like being chased.

Brett

Reaction score
I was walking the dogs the other day and we came upon this guy with a radio controlled car. He was zooming the thing all over and the dogs (dachshunds) were going berserk. I thought it might be fun to get them one to chase.

I briefly googled radio controlled cars and saw a huge range of price and presumably quality. No idea how to start thinking about them. If I were to get one for the purposes of dog fun, it would have to be a sturdy model thats fast. But because it’s for the dogs, I’m not interested in something too expensive.

If anyone here knows about RC cars:
1. Does what I’m looking for exist? A fast sturdy inexpensive RC car?
2. Where would I buy one?

my beagles loved chasing neighborhood RC cars !

(sorry, don't know about brands but ... https://www.amazon.com/customerpicks/Explore-remote-control-cars-for-dogs/db591d7685a6de449be6

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
There is probably something similar out there specifically for dogs. They have almost every product for canine "children" now.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Please keep this in mind.

You can find these everywhere however, I think it's a bad idea. You will have no idea how that is constructed and could cause injuries to your dog. These "toys" can damage a dog's teeth should they bite down on any metal part. Depending on the size of it, you may by accident strike the dog's feet or perhaps their eye, causing harm.

If your dog goes outside, why would you want to teach your dog to chase anything? Dogs react based on their training or observance over time. This may train them to chase any object that has wheels. Perhaps a bike or some kid on a skateboard, perhaps a parent walking their child in a stroller. Not to mention real vehicles.

While it may seem like fun to the owner and the dog, always keep in mind, dogs like to chase things however, they don't like being chased.

Lol. Thanks for the dog safety and management tips. I know so little about dogs that advice like yours makes a world of difference to me!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just a fair warning do not do this on sidewalks/concrete/asphalt....dogs go bonkers over these and once they get focused on the chase will tear up their pads should the car enter such a surface.

it is amazing fun in yards though! id imagine you could find any number of very cheap and fast RC cars on craigslist or facebook being given away much like timeshares are! its a hobby where folks always want the biggest and baddest and fastest and used stuff gets sold all the time.