• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

R-Ranch ownership - not Timeshare - in the North Georgia Mountains

GeorgiaBoy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
R-Ranch in the Mountains
YdkKvITpjMhKFno-800x450-noPad.jpg
R-Ranch%2Band%2BDahlonega%2B037.JPG
Do you love the historic and laid back North Georgia Mountains? Hiking mountain trails? Watching the world go by from a rocking chair in a stress-free natural setting? Fishing for bass, bluegill, catfish and trout or canoeing on mountain lakes? Horses and unlimited horseback riding and even an occasional rodeo? Camping and campfires? Mountain biking? Playing a round of miniature golf or horseshoes or tennis surrounded by mountain vistas? Spending many weekends enjoying a rustic mountain cabin? Having a gorgeous place to use your RV or travel trailer? Relaxing around an Olympic size swimming pool? And even special occasions including outdoor movies and Thanksgiving and Christmas themed events. All of this is only an hour’s drive north of Atlanta and can be yours for free!

Now on the eve of retirement, I have possessed a fractional ownership at R-Ranch in the Mountains, in North Georgia, since the 1980s. R-Ranch has an excellent rating with RV Park Reviews and is often reviewed as a 5-Star destination. But my kids are all grown up and scattered to the four winds. My wife and I will be on a fixed income and we just can no longer enjoy all of the amenities of this fabulous property. So we would like to pay forward all of the good memories and great times we have had at R-Ranch to you so that you can also have the pleasure to enjoy it with your family for many years to come.

What I am offering is not a timeshare but rather a deeded, partial ownership of the total ranch consisting of over 800 acres but also surrounded on three sides by national forest. You will take over my ownership of this prime, incredibly pretty mountain property. You can check out the ranch’s web site at www.rranchga.com. Owners at R-Ranch have a certain number of nights per each 6 months where you can reserve a cabin if that is how you intend to enjoy the property. I believe it is about 20 nights of cabin use in each period for just a few dollars per night of use. However, if you are a camper you will have few restrictions on the use of the property at all.

If you visited the website link I provided you can see that R-Ranch themselves will offer to sell you an ownership to the ranch but, of course, I am willing to provide that ownership to you at no cost at all. But the staff at the ranch will greet you as guests if you would like to visit R-Ranch and tour the property and its amenities.

There is a semi-annual maintenance fee – think of it like a Homeowner’s Association fee that is used to keep R-Ranch in pristine condition and provide for the onsite cabins, pool, lodge, horses and services – that is payable each April and October. The semi-annual cost of the maintenance fee is $670. I have already paid the April 2017 fee so that you will not have that to be concerned with. While at first glance you might be discouraged by these semi-annual fees, it is really a drop in the bucket compared to the normal expense of owning your own mountain resort and maintaining your own property and horses. Just remember that this is not a timeshare, you will have almost unlimited usage of the property, amenities and the onsite horses and stables all year long.

Because I am soon to be retired and I want to end my involvement with R-Ranch in order to make my financial future more secure, I am willing to pay any deed transfer fee and background check fees that might be incurred in this transfer of ownership to you.

This really is an ideal weekend, holiday and vacation getaway and is located near historic Dahlonega, Georgia about 70 miles North of Atlanta. After a short drive into North Georgia you are surrounded by beautiful mountains and scenic panoramas. It is almost like having your own vacation home but is much, much less expensive. I personally do not have RV. But I know that many R-Ranch owners actually store their RVs or travel trailers on the R-Ranch property. I think there is an additional fee if you want to keep your RV permanently on the same spot, or you can store an RV on the property “for free” and the ranch will move it on and off one of the 187 RV sites that are available for you during your use.

Thank you for taking the time to read my offer to you for this property and your interest in R-Ranch. Especially if you have children you will find this a marvelous opportunity to teach them outdoor skills while having a rollicking good time. For your teenagers there is a downstairs recreation room in the massive lodge that offers video games, movies and a pool table.

REMEMBER - if you or your children like horses, this really is the place to be! The ranch owns its own horses (20+) and has its own modern stable and you and your guests can learn about horsemanship and ride on the trails to your hearts content.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I might be ignorant but how is a deeded partial ownership of the total property different from a timeshare? All of my timeshare deeds are partial ownership. The only difference I can see is most timeshares are partial ownership of a specific unit and also partial ownership of the common areas rather than partial of the whole. Most governing docs on floating units though equate to the same thing since the deeded unit has no useful meaning.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I might be ignorant but how is a deeded partial ownership of the total property different from a timeshare? All of my timeshare deeds are partial ownership. The only difference I can see is most timeshares are partial ownership of a specific unit and also partial ownership of the common areas rather than partial of the whole. Most governing docs on floating units though equate to the same thing since the deeded unit has no useful meaning.

This would be an undivided interest deed, still a timeshare model. It's unique in that the horseback riding etc. is free (or is it?) but you pay per use for the cabin.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not think this Recreational Ranch follows a basic timeshare model! And I think the OP is generous in offering this deeded membership for FREE with free maintenance fees for the first few months of usage.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sold several of these in the past. The are mainly marketable to local residents in the area who are able to capitalize on the riding stables and the recreation areas. Sort of like a dude ranch country club. Most owners I've spoken with were very happy with the program, but either moved or became incapable or using the property due to illness or age.

UGA fan

Reaction score
Is your offer still available for the deed to your share at R Ranch?

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Sure wish we had one of these in San Diego's mountains! :)

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Is your offer still available for the deed to your share at R Ranch?

Surprisingly, the OP hasn't been back since the day the posting was made in January. You might want to start a private conversation with the OP by clicking on their user name.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly there was/is an R Ranch near Napa (Lake Berressa). If that still exists does this membership reciprocity?