• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

R.I.P. Paul Newman

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
He was one of the best on and off-screen. He will be missed.

To expand a little: what are your favorite Paul Newman movies? Mine are 'Cool Hand Luke' and 'The Sting', followed closely by 'Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid'.

Jim Ricks

Last edited:

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very sad

I was so sorry to read that news on my Road Runner front page. He was from my hometown. One of my classmates was his cousin.

I'm sure his good works (not just movies) will live on.........

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Read it first on Tug. I should get out more.

Linda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I read this too and was very saddened by it.
RIP Mr. Newman.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad my dad, who passed away two weeks ago, and my mom, (who adored Newman), will have his company in the afterlife.
Liz

jules40

TUG Member
Reaction score
To expand a little: what are your favorite Paul Newman movies? Mine are 'Cool Hand Luke' and 'The Sting', followed closely by 'Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid'.

Jim Ricks

"The Verdict" and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"

Julie

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
He was one of the 'greats' and a good person. I don't ever remember any scandal about Paul Newman...and that's rare in the movie/TV world, IMHO.

As for his movies...well, ALL of them, but Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid; The Sting, especially. RIP Paul.

funtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is such a thing as Hollywood royalty, Paul Newman was a king. I am saddened by this loss and want to know more about his long battle with cancer. I had seen a picture of him recently and he clearly did not look well. Both he and Robert Redford are two men that could have coasted their whole lives just on their looks and neither has done so. I so admire Paul Newman and how his food empire has donated millions to charity. Funtime

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed Cool Hand Luke, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Long Hot Summer with Joanne Woodword. Long Hot Summer had the line "you can run but you can't hide" which I think is an often quoted line (maybe just by me?)

Last edited:

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
The world has lost a humble humanitarian, and a fun-loving, free-spirit. The Sting and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are my favorite classics. Could Robert Redford's presence be an influence on this? Absolutely! They are a great team!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I'll add.

You've all covered it well. I'll just add that was one fine looking man! Those blue eyes...sigh. He was one of my all time favorites.

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I heard on the news that charitable donations from all profits of his "Newman's Own" company have exceeded 250 million dollars. He truly was a wonderful man.

Dori

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hole in the Wall Gang and Scott Newman Foundation were two of his charities.

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liked anything he or Joanne were in or part of.

His illness was kept very quiet for sure. Once in a while there would be mention of him at a race, but there really hasn't been said much of his condition.

When I got on line this morning and MSN came up his picture flashed quickly before me. I yelled to my Hubby in the other room also on line, hey I think I just saw something regarding Paul Newman.

Although not totally surprised, it took me back a bit, and oh so sad the world has lost yet another great human being, that has touched so many in oh so many ways, the years of laughter, joy and kudos to he and his family will be remembered for a long time.

So long Paul, and keep those blue eyes watching upon us all in the best of hopes!

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Butch Cassidy was my top choice and then The Sting but there are so many others. He married JoAnne in 1948 according to the radio news. So that would be 49-50 yrs together which is amazing for Hollywood.

Here is someone who gave much to society from his charitable works(The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp) so that it is not just his films that will continue to live on.

Very sad indeed to hear of his passing.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
"Why you got to go and say fifty eggs for? Why not thirty-five or thirty-nine?"

"I thought it was a nice round number."

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hole in the Wall Gang and Scott Newman Foundation were two of his charities.

My daughter has been fortunate enough to attend The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp for three summers. It is an amazing place, where even a kid that is too weak to walk is able to zip line. The staff is amazing. The camp is entirely free for those who attend. There are eight, week-long sessions. When we pick our daughter up every year she is crying because there is no place where you can feel as free of illness as this place.

My daughter met Paul Newman in the summer of 2007 and he got to hear her sing at talent night that year. She is forever grateful for this experience and was extremely sad yesterday when she heard the news. Our whole family was sad because he was such a great man who did such amazing things, and because we were personally affected by them.

Rest in peace, Mr. Newman.