• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

R.I.P:Maurice White: Earth, Wind, and Fire

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maurice White, Founder and leader singer of the musical group: Earth, Wind & Fire has passed away at age 74 years old.
R.I.P. "The Shining Star" and that was a great song.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rest in peace Maurice.

A tremendous talent - I have always enjoyed, followed and loved the music of Earth, Wind & Fire. Enjoyed seeing them live - their energy level was extremely high. Good, solid Christians also.

You will be missed, Maurice.

PGtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waterside by Spinnaker,
Cottages at Shipyard
Earth Wind & Fire is my all time favorite band. I've seen them several times, but never with Maurice, as he had to stop touring in '95 due to his health.

I always loved the upbeat & positive messages in their songs.

Rest in peace, Maurice!

Paul

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Another talent is gone! Rest in peace, Maurice!

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Maurice White of Earth, Wind & Fire Dies at 74 - by Laura Wagner/ America/ The Two-Way: Breaking News from NPR/ National Public Radio/ npr.org

"Maurice White, the founder of Earth, Wind & Fire, the band known for hits like "Shining Star and "Boogie Wonderland," died in his sleep overnight. He was 74.

Verdine White posted the following message on the group's Facebook page:

"My brother, hero and best friend Maurice White passed away peacefully last night in his sleep. While the world has lost another great musician and legend, our family asks that our privacy is respected as we start what will be a very difficult and life changing transition in our lives. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes."

White founded the horn-driven band in the late 1960s. "The group went on to sell more than 90 million albums worldwide, displaying a flashy and eclectic musical style that incorporated his influences from growing up in Memphis, Tennessee," The Associated Press reports.

One of the Earth, Wind & Fire's most famous songs was "September," a song that's a go-to at wedding receptions everywhere..."

gettyimages-51851960-a728fb31351c140e9ba624e54c596a98af77fdb4-s800-c85.jpg

Maurice White flanked by singers Ralph Johnson (left) and Philip Bailey (right) of the band Earth, Wind & Fire perform at the Wiltern Theater December 11, 2004 in Los Angeles.
Carlo Allegri/Getty Images

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
The Song That Never Ends: Why Earth, Wind & Fire's 'September' Sustains - by Dan Charnas/ Music News/ NPR Music/ npr.org

"If you've ever been to a wedding reception in the U.S., you know there's one question that can get a whole family on the dance floor: "Do you remember the 21st night of September?"

Earth, Wind & Fire's "September" even shows up at fictional weddings, as in the opening of the 1997 movie Soul Food. It's made its way into TV shows, commercials, sporting events and video games. HBO named a movie after the song. In 2008, it played at both the Republican and Democratic national conventions.

The story of the song begins in 1978. Allee Willis was a struggling songwriter in LA — until the night she got a call from Maurice White, the leader of Earth, Wind & Fire. White offered her the chance of a lifetime: to co-write the band's next album. Willis arrived at the studio the next day hoping it wasn't some kind of cosmic joke.

"As I open the door, they had just written the intro to 'September.' And I just thought, 'Dear God, let this be what they want me to write!' Cause it was obviously the happiest-sounding song in the world," Willis says..."

Richard

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that tribute it was very nice.