• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quick question about stays?

mintee

Reaction score
Do you have to stay for a week? My in laws have the old school SPG and we had to arrive on a Sat and Sun- they just had a fixed week
Do they still require that? I am considering purchasing but want to make sure we can check in on other days of the week and have shorter stays to break up our vacation time. Is that possible with a resale purchase at a mandatory resort? Like it I want to do a 4 days stay Thurs-Sun in Orlando and then a 3 night stay in Myrtle beach in the same year?
Also- would you say you have a relatively easy time booking where you want in your reservation window? I have noticed that is one of the biggest complaints with some of the other time share companies
Thanks for your advice and guidance- thinking I might want to purchase resale before Aug and the program changes with Marriot

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As long as you own a property where you have StarOption usage, you can book stays of 1+ nights starting at eight months out. You can also purchase Flex Options, Home Options and such where you can book 1+ nights starting at 12 months. But the number of resorts you can book at 12 months is more limited than what you can book at 8 months.