• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quick 13 month booking question (when?)

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at booking two weeks with a check-in of April 14, 2019.

At the 13 month mark, I am able to call in to book on the morning of March 14, 2018? Or is my math incorrect?

This will be my very first 13 month booking. Trying to get it correct on the first try. Thanks everyone!

LUV2TRVL2HI

TUG Member
Reaction score

At the 13 month mark, I am able to call in to book on the morning of March 14, 2018? Or is my math incorrect?

This will be my very first 13 month booking. Trying to get it correct on the first try. Thanks everyone!
Since it depends on what resort you own, or if you are going to use DC points, the best thing to do is to go into the owners website and click on the "helpful tools" box under the "Education & Owner Resources" button. Then you can click on the "When Can I Reserve" button, put in your desired week, choose if its a week or points reservation, and it will show you the dates you can begin booking, either 13-month or 12-month period.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since it depends on what resort you own, or if you are going to use DC points, the best thing to do is to go into the owners website and click on the "helpful tools" box under the "Education & Owner Resources" button. Then you can click on the "When Can I Reserve" button, put in your desired week, choose if its a week or points reservation, and it will show you the dates you can begin booking, either 13-month or 12-month period.
It's a week booking. I am not a DC member. Thanks for that! I will check it out :)

LUV2TRVL2HI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Slinger, it looks like it would be March 12, 2018 for a weeks reservation - depending on the resort. .

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Find the Thursday of the week you want to check in. Then that day 13 months.

sudiski

TUG Member
Reaction score

Go to this link and find your resort http://img.vacationclubsurvey.com/images/ownercomm/LeapYear/020111Resort_List.html
Select your check-in date and it will tell you when to call. Good luck!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Find the Thursday of the week you want to check in. Then that day 13 months.
This only works for resorts that have Thursday checkins. Not all properties do.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
This was awesome!

Tells me that it's Weds March 14th. So that's when I will call in and give it a whirl. Thanks for all the pointers!!!
You aren't looking at something right. April 14th 2019 is a Sunday. So the date to call would be either the 11th or 12th, depending on if the resort you are booking has Thursday checkins. I think most 13 month inventory release days end up being on a Monday.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Something must have changed, both my weeks are Friday checkin, but thursday was day to call.
It's 13 months out from the first checkin day. Since most float week resorts are Fri, Sat & Sun, it'd be 13 months ahead from that by Calendar date. For those resorts with a Thursday option (even if you're booking F-S), it's a day earlier.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Make sure when using “When Can I Reserve”, make sure you are on the Weeks section and not Points section as they are different dates. I entered it on the wrong chart and was a day late trying to get Grande Ocean for the 4th of July.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
This vital information is one thing that MVC has made so much simpler via the owner's website, so much so that I just don't understand why anybody still spends any time at all thinking about it!

--> Sign in to your owners.marriotvacationclub.com account
--> Click on "Education & Owner Resources" above the picture
--> Click on "Helpful Tools" in the column on the left
--> Click on the "When Can I Reserve" link
--> Select "Using My Week" if you're booking your owned Week at your home resort; on the next page click on the resort name
--> Select "Using Vacation Club Points" if you're booking owned DC Trust Points OR DC Exchange Points from enrolled/converted Weeks
--> At the last page input your desired Check-In Day and the system will show you the Opening/Call-In Dates for every Reservation Window.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
This vital information is one thing that MVC has made so much simpler via the owner's website, so much so that I just don't understand why anybody still spends any time at all thinking about it!

--> Sign in to your owners.marriotvacationclub.com account
--> Click on "Education & Owner Resources" above the picture
--> Click on "Helpful Tools" in the column on the left
--> Click on the "When Can I Reserve" link
--> Select "Using My Week" if you're booking your owned Week at your home resort; on the next page click on the resort name
--> Select "Using Vacation Club Points" if you're booking owned DC Trust Points OR DC Exchange Points from enrolled/converted Weeks
--> At the last page input your desired Check-In Day and the system will show you the Opening/Call-In Dates for every Reservation Window.

"AMEN"

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
You aren't looking at something right. April 14th 2019 is a Sunday. So the date to call would be either the 11th or 12th, depending on if the resort you are booking has Thursday checkins. I think most 13 month inventory release days end up being on a Monday.

I just did the step by step thing Sue shared.

Came up with the same answer.

Check in on Sunday April 14, 2019 = call in on Wednesday March 14, 2018 for 13 month reservation.

Is this not correct? :(

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just did the step by step thing Sue shared.

Came up with the same answer.

Check in on Sunday April 14, 2019 = call in on Wednesday March 14, 2018 for 13 month reservation.

Is this not correct? :(
For weeks it's Monday March 12, 2019 for 13 months out assuming the first check in day is Friday. For points it's Tuesday March 13. The underlying principles are 13 months out by the calendar from the FIRST check in day of that week. Most floating week resorts have Friday, Saturday and Sunday Check-ins, a few have Thursday also which gives you an extra day. For points it's always a Tuesday 13 months out.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
For weeks it's Monday March 12, 2019 for 13 months out assuming the first check in day is Friday. For points it's Tuesday March 13. The underlying principles are 13 months out by the calendar from the FIRST check in day of that week. Most floating week resorts have Friday, Saturday and Sunday Check-ins, a few have Thursday also which gives you an extra day. For points it's always a Tuesday 13 months out.

Ok let me try this again.

My desired check in date is Sunday April 14, 2019.

That is the ONLY check in day that resort allows.

SUNDAYS. PERIOD.

They do NOT allow check ins on any of the 6 other days if the week.

So is the website helper correct with a March 14, 2018 call in day or not?
Thanks.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok let me try this again.

My desired check in date is Sunday April 14, 2019.

That is the ONLY check in day that resort allows.

SUNDAYS. PERIOD.

They do NOT allow check ins on any of the 6 other days if the week.

So is the website helper correct with a March 14, 2018 call in day or not?
Thanks.
Which resort?

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Harbour Club on HH island.
All this time of people speculating and saying things like "depending on the resort" you finally decide to share this? This was something important enough to have mentioned in post #1, or perhaps even #3, not almost a month later. We aren't mind readers.

Yes, you would call on March 14th to make a 13 month reservation for Harbour Club.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I suspected. The Marriott owner resource was correct in that March 14, 2018 is my date to call in. Thank you all for confirming for me.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
9am this morning worked like a charm. Got my exact reservations as wanted. Thanks for the pointers everyone!!