• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions from prospective Wyndham Owner

EVGUY2020

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prospective Owner
I may be able to transfer a Wyndham Vacation timeshare interest from a close family friend who is an elderly widow and does not have much knowledge to offer. Her property is a deeded week at Patriot's Place, Williamsburg, VA - 2BR unit for Week 01.
If I were to take over this property, can it be converted to points, and how many points would it convert to?
Does anyone have any insight to share?

BibbityBoppity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairfield Mountains
Makai Club
Currently to convert a resale to points it’s $2395 per fixed week and the minimum developer purchase is 64,000 points. They are currently reducing that fee to $189.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EVGUY2020

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prospective Owner
Currently to convert a resale to points it’s $2395 per fixed week and the minimum developer purchase is 64,000 points. They are currently reducing that fee to $189.

Thanks for replying. Are you saying the $2395 is being reduced to $189??
& how do I know how many points her unit will convert to? - it's a 2BR Property- fixed week, annually ??
I appreciate any more details you could help me with

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
For that price YOU mostly can get a cheaper week ALREADY converted to points.

And I would bet, you have to BUY some number of points full price points from Wyndham to get that $2395 fee (and hence, the $189 rate).

EVGUY2020

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prospective Owner

And I would bet, you have to BUY some number of points full price points from Wyndham to get that $2395 fee (and hence, the $189 rate).
Thanks, but now I'm even more confused. How can I guess how many points the existing week will be worth, after conversion??

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

She did say "minimum developer purchase is 64,000 points". That's about $12k-$16k in addition to the fee. Yes, you can definitely cheaper on ebay, but, assuming the points coversion would count towards VIP status, I would buy 105,000 CWA, convert that week to CWA points, and enroll two PIC weeks. If it converts to 105,000 points, he could have VIP gold for $16k.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thanks, but now I'm even more confused. How can I guess how many points the existing week will be worth, after conversion??
That would be a question for the telesales rep. Never buy at a resort. Purchase through telesales because everything they say is on a recorded line. You don't get that at the resorts. The resort sales people can say anything because there is little to no accountability. That week is quiet season for that resort. Depending kind of two bedroom it is, it might cost a total of 105,000. I can only assume that is what you would get for it, but no guarantees. The only one who can give you an answer would be a telesales rep.

upload_2018-9-27_19-16-3.png

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Week 01 is quiet time and according to points chart a 2 bdr lockoff would be 105,000 Points.

EVGUY2020

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prospective Owner
Are you all suggesting that I would be forced to buy additional "developer points", beyond the approximate 105000 points this unit would convert to, at the cost of about $16K?
If that's the case, i will not be interested. I can buy more DVC cheaper than that.

EVGUY2020

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prospective Owner
That would be a question for the telesales rep. Never buy at a resort. Purchase through telesales because everything they say is on a recorded line. You don't get that at the resorts. The resort sales people can say anything because there is little to no accountability. That week is quiet season for that resort. Depending kind of two bedroom it is, it might cost a total of 105,000. I can only assume that is what you would get for it, but no guarantees. The only one who can give you an answer would be a telesales rep.

View attachment 8373
How do I contact telesales??

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Are you all suggesting that I would be forced to buy additional "developer points", beyond the approximate 105000 points this unit would convert to, at the cost of about $16K?
If that's the case, i will not be interested. I can buy more DVC cheaper than that.
I would give the elderly lady the phone number to Wyndham Ovations and just look on Tug, eBay, or other TS sites for a resell for points you want.

I’ll make you a deal PM if interested I have a Wyndham UDI deed contract that gets 154K points annually. You can have it for transfer and closing fee.

BibbityBoppity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairfield Mountains
Makai Club
Not all weeks are eligible though, I should’ve put that out there first. Which property does she own? And yes the $2395 is reduced to $189 for the conversion fee but that in addition to the cost of 64,000 new developer points are.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

DVC is around the same price and they have an exchange fee if you go outside your home resort, so be sure to choose your home resort wisely. The best way to make use of that is to find out if that 105,000 would be VIP eligable, if not, then it’s not worth it. If it is, buy 105,000 CWA points (they might have other cheaper) so you can convert your Patriots place and enroll two Fixed or float weeks for more points VIP eligable points that can be used for bookings. You can get qualifying weeks on eBay. Mine cost me $28. Some have gotten them free through other means. That $16k will get you VIP. VIPs retails for between $150,000 and $175,000. That is all contingent on the patriots place points being VIP eligable. If not, I would reconsider unless you are good with VIP Silver. I’ll PM you my telesales reps name and phone number. I don’t have their main line. She can tell you which office handles your account and get in you touch with the right rep.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Not all weeks are eligible though, I should’ve put that out there first. Which property does she own? And yes the $2395 is reduced to $189 for the conversion fee but that in addition to the cost of 64,000 new developer points are.

Patriots place two bedroom.

EVGUY2020

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prospective Owner
Patriots place two bedroom.[/QUOTE
DVC is around the same price and they have an exchange fee if you go outside your home resort, so be sure to choose your home resort wisely. The best way to make use of that is to find out if that 105,000 would be VIP eligable, if not, then it’s not worth it. If it is, buy 105,000 CWA points (they might have other cheaper) so you can convert your Patriots place and enroll two Fixed or float weeks for more points VIP eligable points that can be used for bookings. You can get qualifying weeks on eBay. Mine cost me $28. Some have gotten them free through other means. That $16k will get you VIP. VIPs retails for between $150,000 and $175,000. That is all contingent on the patriots place points being VIP eligable. If not, I would reconsider unless you are good with VIP Silver. I’ll PM you my telesales reps name and phone number. I don’t have their main line. She can tell you which office handles your account and get in you touch with the right rep.
ok - yes please PM me THANKS

EVGUY2020

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prospective Owner
FYI-DVC does not charge an exchange fee outside of your home resort, they just limit your booking window. 11 months in advance at home resort, 7 at non-home resort.
Are you saying Wyndham charges a fee for that ??

BibbityBoppity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairfield Mountains
Makai Club
There’s no fee to book outside of your home window, you’re just limited to 10 mos. If you’re booking Club Pass (Worldmark) there’s a $99 exchange fee.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
She did say "minimum developer purchase is 64,000 points". That's about $12k-$16k in addition to the fee. Yes, you can definitely cheaper on ebay, but, assuming the points coversion would count towards VIP status, I would buy 105,000 CWA, convert that week to CWA points, and enroll two PIC weeks. If it converts to 105,000 points, he could have VIP gold for $16k.

I don't understand why we're even discussing if a week transferred between two unrelated parties would be VIP eligible. If so, this would be everybody's back door into VIP status, but nothing like it has been possible for years.

I don't think it would be worth converting this week to points even if it were doable for a nominal fee. A 2BR quiet week converted to points would have a terrible MF ratio. If the OP wants some Wyndham points, it would be more economical just to buy a resale contract with decent MFs.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
FYI-DVC does not charge an exchange fee outside of your home resort, they just limit your booking window. 11 months in advance at home resort, 7 at non-home resort.
Are you saying Wyndham charges a fee for that ??

I think i misunderstood what i read then. Is it true that if you are booking outside your home resort, you have to book a 6 night or 12 night stay? You cannot do shorter stays? I wish i had access to a PDF copy of their directory like the one Wyndham puts out.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I don't understand why we're even discussing if a week transferred between two unrelated parties would be VIP eligible. If so, this would be everybody's back door into VIP status, but nothing like it has been possible for years.

I don't think it would be worth converting this week to points even if it were doable for a nominal fee. A 2BR quiet week converted to points would have a terrible MF ratio. If the OP wants some Wyndham points, it would be more economical just to buy a resale contract with decent MFs.

They already have a cheap back door. It's called PIC Plus, and it only requires a minimum purchase of 49,000 points to enroll a week that would get him more points for a two bedroom.

Personally, if i did what he's doing, i would consider doing the conversion and trading the points in for something with lower MF. When I had patriots place, it was right around the same MF as CWA and it was a converted fixed week double share.

EVGUY2020

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prospective Owner
They already have a cheap back door. It's called PIC Plus, and it only requires a minimum purchase of 49,000 points to enroll a week that would get him more points for a two bedroom.

Personally, if i did what he's doing, i would consider doing the conversion and trading the points in for something with lower MF. When I had patriots place, it was right around the same MF as CWA and it was a converted fixed week double share.
Richelle;
Jessica was great to deal with, and she cleared things up for me!
I would have to buy developers points on top of the points that would convert from my wife's aunt's fixed week.
Even though that would significantly reduce the transfer fee, the developers points would cost almost $12K.
Additionally, since I already own at DVC, I could also qualify for PICs but, sadly, I could add on at DVC for a comparable upgrade at a lower cost, so I will be passing on the Wyndham Contract.
I really appreciate all your help - I thought the forums would be able to give me better information than dealing with Wyndham Corporate, and you guys have all proved me right and provided a great wealth of knowledge.
THANKS!-
EVGuy

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

Isn’t PIC Plus only good for a few years?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Isn’t PIC Plus only good for a few years?

PIC Express is only good for five years. Disney would have only qualified for PIC Express. PIC Plus is good for as long as you own both the fixed week, and the points contract. That’s assuming Wyndham doesn’t buy the resort your week is in. There are thousands of resorts in the country so I think that’s a low risk.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but now I'm even more confused.
My apologies for you being confused, this seems to be happening to often lately.
Do not take your relatives week over.
You would be better off using PICs down the road with a developer purchase if you find out you want to be VIP after learning the Wyndham system.

Your question from a different forum.
I still don’t understand how the previous post was saying Wyndham was virtually free?
1. Most of the free Wyndham contracts offered have high MFs
2. Most point contracts that have some value can be bought for less than one year of MFs. I’m going to use January 1 start of use year in the example.
If you are VIP Platinum you have until December 31 to deposit this years points into your 2019 or 2020 use year. If a Platinum account holder buys a contract with this years points intact and times their purchase to transfer anytime after October 1. They get this years points for 3 months or less of MFs and can still use them in a future year.
If the purchase price was 75% or less of the yearly MFs their total all in purchase is equal to or less than one years of MFs making their purchase virtually free.

Last edited: