• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions about Worldmark Plaza Resort & Spa in Palm Springs

ambere

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk/Hyatt
Palm Springs Tennis Club (2-bedroom Wimbledon) - 2 units
Lagonita Lodge (4 units: Christmas week, New Year's Week, 2-bdrm Lakefront, 3-bdrm Bear Peak)
Two Questions about Worldmark Plaza Resort & Spa in Palm Springs; we are thinking of going for Spring Break:

1. Has anyone stayed there recently, and how is it?

2. I don't understand how it is rated a "9" on TUG. There are 7 reviews on TUG, and when I add them up and divide by 7, I get 6.15?

Thanks!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Not sure what it is you're seeing, or where you're seeing a 9 score. In the Tug reviews, the resort is called "WorldMark Palm Springs." It has an overall score of 7.5. That's because not all reviewers give it a score, so that is going to skew the average mark. The 7.5 is the average score of those that rated it.

I think you must be looking at something different?

Dave

ambere

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk/Hyatt
Lagonita Lodge (4 units: Christmas week, New Year's Week, 2-bdrm Lakefront, 3-bdrm Bear Peak)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
those two resorts seem to have completely different addresses?

plaza resort and spa - 2601 golf club drive

wm palm springs 1177 n palm canyon drive?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
dont actually see the plaza resort and spa on the worldmark site, but did find it on the wyndham extra vacations one.

in the website this specifically says it is NOT managed by wyndham...so im guessing this is perhaps just an affiliate resort but not under the wyndham or worldmark ownership brands in anything but name?

also found this a fascinating entry on the website:

"Upon arrival, please note that there is no WorldMark signage in front of the resort."

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Yeah, apparently there are two listings. That's weird.

@TUGBrian is this something that needs to be corrected?

Dave
Nope. 2 different resorts. Palm Springs is the original and Plaza is a more recent addition.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
as for reviews, older reviews are not counted in the current rankings. some of them are 10yo or more.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
dont actually see the plaza resort and spa on the worldmark site
It's there. The website is so bad, though, that when you search for Palm Springs, you have to scroll down past Indio, Oceanside etc before actually getting to the resorts in Palm Springs.
Plaza. and Palm Springs

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
fascinating that I cant even find it by typing in "plaza" or "plaza resort"

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
since we are all discussing it, last review for the plaza was in 2017, so a new/updated/good review would earn you a full year TUG membership extension!

and since we are all talking about it, the regular palm springs worldmark hasnt been reviewed since 2018, so ill give a year for that one also for a decent review!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
@TUGBrian See, this is why you're the guy in charge. ;)

I didn't look at addresses - just the WorldMark name attached. But it's definitely confusing. If you search for "WorldMark" in the review window, only one of them shows up.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, i had made a change there, so itll likely take 24 hours for that to reindex.

tomorrow they should both show up if typing just worldmark (or whenever that job runs)

ambere

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk/Hyatt
Very confusing. There's a unit at the Plaza on Golf Club Dr. listed on Redweek that I'm looking into. If I stay there, will definitely write a review!